Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
War in the name of atheism
War in the name of atheism
[Image: 1.png]
[Image: 2.png]
RE: War in the name of atheism
Bwahahahahahahaha!
Hitler was catholic, fascism evolved out of the political catholic right and catholicism played an important role in the persecution of the jews by fascists.

As I said before, I find it disgusting when people just change history as they please to justify their political causes.
Well, there's one example that came close to the Religious propagandic ideal: The Cristero War.
After the revolution, the government stoppeed giving the Church all the privileges it used to have, and by 1926, it led to an all-out war between atheists and Christians. Of course, it should be noted that, as bad as both sides in this conflict turned out to be, neither side comes across as being sympathetic. The Cristeros have been likened to a Christian version of the Taliban, and the Plutarco Calles comes across as being glorified Communists, and not just by right-wingers who call any politician a couple angstroms to the left of the party line a communist.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Where do people get that he was atheist?
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(July 31, 2013 at 10:35 am)Ivy Wrote: Where do people get that he was atheist?

In german highschool, my history teacher told be that the "Southern Baptist convention" actualy supported Franco`s invasion of Spain and the destruction of the Spanish Republic financialy.

He also showed us a comic which was shown in American cinemas between 1939 and 1945. In it the cross in a church is replaced by a swastiker and the bible with Mein Kampf.

He said that the american goverment during WW2 intentionaly tried to create the image of the "antichristian nazis" because it feared that many americans would otherwise not support a war against them.

The Idear that Hitler was atheist is not that widespread in Europe, especialy in protestant Europe.
I don't feel connected when I hear a communist (or Nazi) was an atheist because I am not a communist or Nazi. I have no more connection to Stalin because he was an atheist than a typical Christian has to Osama bin Laden because they're a theist. When I hear about a humanist killing millions, that would disturb me.
My junior high school history teacher's German raised grandma was a Holocaust denier. She just couldn't believe Hitler would do such a thing...proof be damned. All she could see was the hope and prosperity the regime afforded her family starting in the 1930's.

We only see what we want to see. I suppose if Hitler was continually referenced as being a good catholic boy, the outcome of the war would have been different. It's far easier to pull the trigger when your target doesn't remind you of yourself.

An atheist makes for a good target.
(July 31, 2013 at 11:46 am)Captain Colostomy Wrote: My junior high school history teacher's German raised grandma was a Holocaust denier. She just couldn't believe Hitler would do such a thing...proof be damned. All she could see was the hope and prosperity the regime afforded her family starting in the 1930's.

We only see what we want to see. I suppose if Hitler was continually referenced as being a good catholic boy, the outcome of the war would have been different. It's far easier to pull the trigger when your target doesn't remind you of yourself.

An atheist makes for a good target.

Ah, we refer to that generation as "Tätergeneration" - generation of the guilty.
Alot of them frequently deny crimes or speak of former nazis as glorious figures. Alot of that is done I guess to cleanse themselves from the image they have.
Thing is, to blame all the horrors of nazi rule on Hitler is a also a frequently used cheap scapegoat, often used by that generation.
Like the head of the Vienna council of roma said:

Quote:"It was not Hitler nore Göring nore Göbbels or Himmler who dragged my parents and me out of our houses, gased them in camps and stole my childhood. It was the local baker, the local butcher and the local postman, from one day to another they were suddently given black uniforms and then they suddently were the masterrace and could do whatever they wanted."

As such, I think it is important to underline that even if Hitler was an Atheist, it does not excuse the millions who are guilty of following him. If not doing that, one is simply accepting the pathetic excuse so often used by the guilty generation. My 4 granduncles who were all stormtroopers in the SA and who participated in the stealing of a paper printing company from it`s jewish owner nearby aswell as in the guarding of the local buisnesses that bought slave labor from the nearby KZ Mauthausen and who all died in the world war 2 on the eastern front - were devoutly catholic.
My fascist Grandfather was devoutly catholic and every single old nazi I knew was devoutly catholic.
Fascism came to existance in devoutly catholic ereas and had it`s greatest success in catholic ereas. In Bavaria, Italy and Spain.

One should also mention that there was more resistance against fascism in fascist countries or countries occupied by fascists in the reas which had protestant citizens.
(July 31, 2013 at 9:58 am)The Germans are coming Wrote: Hitler was catholic, fascism evolved out of the political catholic right and catholicism played an important role in the persecution of the jews by fascists.

As I said before, I find it disgusting when people just change history as they please to justify their political causes.

No one wants to be in any club that Hitler was in. I always enjoy telling vegetarians that Hitler was a vegetarian, too. They usually go fucking apeshit.

It's one of my little guilty pleasures!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What would be your papal name? Fake Messiah 46 4880 December 10, 2020 at 5:15 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Why did I (an atheist) legally change my name to "Dog"? ignoramus 13 1296 July 13, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Spell your last name please.... Brian37 9 1561 October 12, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Daily Show guest gives 45 new nick name. Brian37 1 389 July 16, 2018 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Funny name on letter robvalue 8 973 May 12, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What's a clever response to "What's your name?" ErGingerbreadMandude 29 2807 December 12, 2017 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The True Tale of How Jesus Christ Got His Name Edwardo Piet 9 1206 October 15, 2017 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hi, I would like to tell you about {name}, the only way to {whatever} ignoramus 17 3447 June 8, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Another "Funny sounding product name" thread. Brian37 3 1205 March 1, 2016 at 8:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Name Something You Pass Around IATIA 11 2732 July 30, 2015 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: KUSA