Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would be your papal name?
What would be your papal name?
One of the best things about being the Pope is that you get to choose your own name, unlike monks who get named by their abbot or similar person.

So, let's say you are chosen by catholic church to be the Pope, what name would you choose?

I guess I would choose Pope Shishkebab 76th.

Or maybe Pope Bananadick 15th.

Oh, I can already hear it: "His holiness, Pope Bananadick (lose the number)!"

Or maybe Pope Mohammed, to throw in some diversity and win over/ save Muslims from hell.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: What would be your papal name?
(March 13, 2020 at 4:12 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: One of the best things about being the Pope is that you get to choose your own name, unlike monks who get named by their abbot or similar person.

So, let's say you are chosen by catholic church to be the Pope, what name would you choose?

I guess I would choose Pope Shishkebab 76th.

Or maybe Pope Bananadick 15th.

Oh, I can already hear it: "His holiness, Pope Bananadick (lose the number)!"

Or maybe Pope Mohammed, to throw in some diversity and win over/ save Muslims from hell.

Pope Nowyou’vedoneit the First.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Pope Jehoshaphat.
Forbidden Fruit.

(that should confuse the faithful males and females alike)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Pope Beelzebub 666th
Damnit - we of the 'gentle sex' can't play this as we aren't properly equipped to be pope.

Maybe Popette? Popetta?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Us fellas are also not equipped, being non-cardinals, so really don't let your femness stop you. As far as the law goes, it's probably easier to have a sex change than it is for an atheist to become pope in any case.

Pope Eewopey.
(March 13, 2020 at 4:42 pm)Editz Wrote: Us fellas are also not equipped, being non-cardinals, so really don't let your femness stop you. As far as the law goes, it's probably easier to have a sex change than it is for an atheist to become pope in any case.

Pope Eewopey.

Since I still get pleas for money I can safely assume I am still officially a Catholic.   Hmph 

I have done all those introductory sacrament-y things...except for getting married in The Church.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Ahhh yes, a...er..."lapsed Catholic" is it? So how does one become uncatholicised I wonder...at least it's not said to be literally inherited, like Jewishness.
They don’t let go very easily.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movies you would recommend to your enemies Fake Messiah 27 2902 May 20, 2023 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why did I (an atheist) legally change my name to "Dog"? ignoramus 13 1292 July 13, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Spell your last name please.... Brian37 9 1544 October 12, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Daily Show guest gives 45 new nick name. Brian37 1 385 July 16, 2018 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Funny name on letter robvalue 8 968 May 12, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What's a clever response to "What's your name?" ErGingerbreadMandude 29 2804 December 12, 2017 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Which AF member would you want to babysit your kids? FatAndFaithless 69 7929 December 1, 2017 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Cod
  The True Tale of How Jesus Christ Got His Name Edwardo Piet 9 1205 October 15, 2017 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hi, I would like to tell you about {name}, the only way to {whatever} ignoramus 17 3444 June 8, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Another "Funny sounding product name" thread. Brian37 3 1205 March 1, 2016 at 8:39 am
Last Post: Brian37