Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It is true because you dont understand it
It is true because you dont understand it
It here has been established that we don't know if god exists or not, but according to the church of christianity god exists, and there is no question about it. To the observation of gods illogical nature, you will get something like "its all part of gods plan" or "gods plan is too complex for humans to understand" basically, god exists because humans cannot understand god, and therefore they [the more stubborn of the christians] think this voids any athistic argument.

So christians who don't understand god, and believe in god are the norm. Why not other things then? In part this does happen, when the church tells us something, and tries to pass it as truth, and tells us we dont understand it therefore it is true. This was entirely how the church operated in the dark ages, and the main reason nothing got done during the dark ages, and it still occurs today among the more fundamental of churches; the catholic church, and the vatican still has this power over people to basically make up truth, although they don't use this for the most part, I still think it is unacceptable for them to have the power to explain anything as the truth like they do god.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

RE: It is true because you dont understand it
They still do this today... in the Vatican's decision regarding condoms, for instance.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Your logic is seriously screwey TBF. But that's the nature of atheism I guess [Image: dunno.gif]
Quote:they [the more stubborn of the christians] think this voids any athistic argument.

They don't actually "think" as much as they merely repeat silly mantras over and over. Pay them no mind.
(September 29, 2009 at 6:47 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Your logic is seriously screwey TBF. But that's the nature of atheism I guess [Image: dunno.gif]

He's only expressing the logic of the theists. Angel
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Typical Christian responses to things they don't know or understand:

1 Corinthians 13:9,10,12

9.For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10.But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
12.For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Isaiah 55:8,9

8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

The only thing perfect or logical about the word of God is that it has a cop out answer for pretty much anything you can think of as seen by the two passages above.The will of the creator is beyond our finite little maggot minds to understand them.The bible is famous for two things either it blames mankind for all the evil in the world or it debases mankind if he does not submit his so called free will to the will of the biblical God.
Not to mention that anyone who thinks or believes anything other than what Christianity teaches or professes as truth (atheist or or other) is ensnared by the devil.

2 Timothy 2:24-26
24.And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25.In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26.And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

(September 29, 2009 at 8:45 am)Eilonnwy Wrote: He's only expressing the logic of the theists

...from a position of ignorance. Yes.
God transcends puny human understanding.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
What do you think faith is? Voluntary ignorance,nothing more and nothing less.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

It is not. The many of atheists are first generation, meaning they believed and then converted. Of course in your arrogance you would claim they were never true Christians or true believers, but they were.

I understand the Christian mindset given I used to have one, and in one breath they'll claim you can't understand God then claim something is God-given. This is not abnormal or an ignorant observation, it is fact. I had a conversation with a lady who claimed that the death of a coworkers husband in a car crash was God's will, when it's time to go, you go. And yet when I asked her if free will was involved, she said it was. The driver chose to run the red light which resulted in the other person's death but it was still God's will that it happened.

It's absurd to the highest degree to proclaim there is free will, but that "God has a plan". Is it absurd to the highest degree to assert you can't know or understand God then assert God planned for you to become a basketball player or win an award, yet these claims are made ALL the time.

[Image: godsbeengoodtome.jpg]
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Religion an Attempt to Understand the World? EgoDeath 34 3405 December 20, 2019 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Growing up, did your parents have weird rules because of religion GODZILLA 7 1181 November 15, 2018 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The One True Dog Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 20 5188 March 16, 2018 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Joods
  The One True God thread Angrboda 11 2689 March 14, 2018 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  The One TRUE Jesus Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 6 897 March 14, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How do you call someone who is religious only because it makes them feel happy? Der/die AtheistIn 38 7424 November 25, 2017 at 12:31 am
Last Post: c172
  What makes your faith true? Fake Messiah 237 33098 November 12, 2017 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Odoital77
  If Jesus is not true Sonah 41 9034 October 9, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Can't Wait For The Day This Is True In The U.S. Minimalist 79 25106 September 13, 2017 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  I don't understand pantheism Der/die AtheistIn 26 6577 July 26, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Gearbreak