Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The One True Dog Thread
The One True Dog Thread
Be ye not confounded by the machinations of  Chihuahuas, poodles, Great Danes, Alsatians, malamutes, beagles, wolves, foxhounds, or any of the multitudes of pretenders to Dogdom.  Only in Border Collies are the qualities of dogitude to be found in full measure.  Intelligent, loyal, forgiving, and fearless even in the face of the most determined of sheep, the Border Collie is the alpha and omega of dogosity.

Praise be unto His paws.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: The One True Dog Thread
They are a little anal.

[Image: CCI05262015.jpg]
In the states we have a cross breed called a Texas Heeler. That can be the cross between any two of these breeds: border collie; Australian shepherd; or cattle dog (AKA heeler, Queensland heeler). I'm rather fond of these.

I had an Australian shepherd before and the hair is just too much trouble but he was just a genius socially with people, kids and other dogs.

I briefly had a purebred heeler but he was too nippy to be around my niece and nephew. He also had a bad habit of lunging at car tires and bit through a brand new tire on my truck. Had to return him to the rescue where I got him.

I've never had a border but I have a couple of aussie/heeler crosses I like a lot. The young one Smoke especially has what I think is the intensity of a border. Very work driven, much more so than for food. I think he feels this is work I/we desperately need to get done. This is him playing fetch with me in the park.

My other dog, Heidi, is probably a cross of the same breeds but might also have some German shepherd in her. This is her wrestling with Smoke when he was about 6 months and she would've been 6 or 7.

Borders are fantastic dogs as long as you can keep them busy.  Once bored, they will - sure as shit - get into trouble.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Hey W'ist, your dog catches balls while they are still airborne. My dogs sit there and watch them roll by, until we got a dachshund/beagle mix that's smart as a whip. My son renamed her "Rexi", after watching those short front legs frantically grabbing (w/o any success) at a ball under the couch, à la T Rex.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The One True Dog is Toby Dog. From Undertale. All hail Toby Dog.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undertale
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Rat Dog will hump your legs.
Dying to live, living to die.
4th International Church of Herders.

The rest of you are damned to hell.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Obviously, the Amstaff Terrier is best dog.
Rottweilers are the best breed of dog, they are everything a dog should be. They even think they make great lap dogs.  Smile

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The One True God thread Angrboda 11 2689 March 14, 2018 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  The One TRUE Jesus Thread BrianSoddingBoru4 6 897 March 14, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What makes your faith true? Fake Messiah 237 33097 November 12, 2017 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Odoital77
  If Jesus is not true Sonah 41 9034 October 9, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  What would you do if you found out Dog existed? Gawdzilla Sama 16 3317 October 7, 2017 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Can't Wait For The Day This Is True In The U.S. Minimalist 79 25104 September 13, 2017 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  If God of Abraham is true, then why didnt he use his intelligent design to make a new Roeki 129 44897 July 9, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3616 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
Heart A false god does not exist, but the True One exists! Right? theBorg 26 6000 September 8, 2016 at 8:39 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Dog or Lion? Romney 14 2276 August 27, 2016 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet