Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did L. Ron Hubbard Steal from the Mormons?
Did L. Ron Hubbard Steal from the Mormons?
You all are probably familiar with the Church of Scientology. It is a made-up, global scam in which you are made to believe that your negative emotions are caused by evil alien parasites that live in your head. You probably know the rest (evil alien lord Xenu, neanderthals, propaganda facilities, etc.), and you also may have seen the uproarious South Park episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7EEOMbBI...A&index=96

Now, at first I thought to myself "you know, I'll bet L. Ron Hubbard had derived this absurd story from one of his own science fiction novels; he was a famous sci-fi writer before, you know." But a couple of days ago I was talking with my older brother, and he thought Hubbard probably stole it from the Mormon church. So I watched a youtube video that he recommended. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HSlbuli7HM

So what do you think? Did Hubbard steal the Mormons' ideas? If he did, it sounds like he took the basic Mormon story line, added aliens to it, and took out the gods, Jesus Christ, and Lucifer.
RE: Did L. Ron Hubbard Steal from the Mormons?
Have you noticed how superheroes all have secret identities, costumes, and dead parents too? Wonder if they're related somehow.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(August 10, 2013 at 8:09 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Have you noticed how superheroes all have secret identities, costumes, and dead parents too? Wonder if they're related somehow.

I like South Park's go at super abilities. Jesus is a super carpenter, Moses is a super computer, and Barbara Striesand* is a 200ft tall mechanized T-Rex with a toxic hoo-haa.

*Considered a superhero to elderly Jews all along Long Island.

L. Ron's ability should be turning actors into braying jackasses. Not very original, I know...Hollywood has been doing that from the start.

To the OP...it wouldn't surprise me.

Truly, arguing about which pile of religious shit smells best seems like a useless endeavor.
And Mormons stole their ideas from Mohammed, who stole his ideas from Jesus, who stole his ideas from Moses, who fucked goats and killed babies.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(August 11, 2013 at 12:45 am)BadWriterSparty Wrote: And Mormons stole their ideas from Mohammed, who stole his ideas from Jesus, who stole his ideas from Moses, who fucked goats and killed babies.

Zoroastrians would not be pleased by your snub.
Because I left them out of my progression of theft? My bad.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did you know the movies God's Not Dead 1 and 2 did well at Box Office? Renug 12 4427 May 30, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Looks like there might be Mormons ambushing people shoppers today... ReptilianPeon 23 3255 February 3, 2016 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  UK TV show starts next week- Meet The Mormons vodkafan 11 3739 June 23, 2014 at 2:44 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Two Mormons knocked on my door today vodkafan 10 2816 June 2, 2014 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Brian37
  MORMONS PRANK! AverageBro 5 2059 June 2, 2013 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: AverageBro
  To those with experience with Mormons... Polaris 14 5271 September 24, 2012 at 12:41 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Mormons quit church in mass resignation ceremony Ziploc Surprise 1 1814 July 5, 2012 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Mormons and other retarded stuff. frankiej 15 5131 October 3, 2011 at 9:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger