Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End Times - Of Crap
End Times - Of Crap
hey

I was reading these forums this morning and I heard about the Isaiah 17 thing so having OCD I looked into it and got caught up in other end time prophesy's and now I'm worring big time. Can some people please reassure me otherwise. E.g the Fig tree as blossomed (Israel) and Jesus said the end would come within a generation so I'm rather shittin it here. Help!!!!!
Rants and Raves from an Ex-Christian http://walkofthemonkeyman.blogspot.co.uk/
RE: End Times - Of Crap
Xtians have been waiting for their boy for 2,000 years. The motherfucker hasn't shown up yet.
(August 31, 2013 at 7:07 pm)themonkeyman Wrote: hey.....

.....I'm worring big time....

.....I'm rather shittin it here. Help!!!!!

I'll suggest some relaxing reading.....
May I recommend Poe?
(August 31, 2013 at 7:07 pm)themonkeyman Wrote: hey

I was reading these forums this morning and I heard about the Isaiah 17 thing so having OCD I looked into it and got caught up in other end time prophesy's and now I'm worring big time. Can some people please reassure me otherwise. E.g the Fig tree as blossomed (Israel) and Jesus said the end would come within a generation so I'm rather shittin it here. Help!!!!!

Sorry, you're screwed.
(August 31, 2013 at 7:07 pm)themonkeyman Wrote: E.g the Fig tree as blossomed (Israel) and Jesus said the end would come within a generation so I'm rather shittin it here. Help!!!!!

He said that 2,000 years ago. The only reason anyone thinks it has anything to do with the present-day nation of Israel is because otherwise they'd have to accept that the end didn't come when he said it would. So they figure out a way to imply that it meant a different day and age. Not surprisingly, most end-of-world predictions are expected within the lifetime of those making it. It's a nice ego boost to think that out of all of the miserable schleps that have come and gone, you get the chance to see Jesus riding in on his fancy chariot with a sword sticking out of his mouth. Or whatever the fuck it is that they expect.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
And why do you think this one is going to succeed, after all these failed events? (And this is only the top 13!)
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

There are numerous end time cults. Earth is still here!
(August 31, 2013 at 7:39 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: And why do you think this one is going to succeed, after all these failed events? (And this is only the top 10!)

No need to stop at twelve, Kay. Here are another 44. Smile
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
What would a xtian be if he didn't have a vision of his fucking godboy riding in on a white horse to demolish all his enemies while he sits there smiling at the proceedings?
(August 31, 2013 at 7:07 pm)themonkeyman Wrote: Help!!!!!

With religion, fear is a contributing factor in maintaining followers. In the past, way back when the common folk were illiterate, religion was used as a means to keep the peasants in line. Instilling fear of the consequences of disobeying god and incurring his evil wrath ensured that those in power remained comfortable in their lifestyles without having to worry constantly about the underlings getting out of hand. The same still applies today, because followers, even though they are literate enough to be capable of critically discerning how the bible is bullshit, still fear the torments of hell by disobeying their god.

Having a religious End Times is just another way of instilling fear into the ignorant. By making the statement Jesus could return tomorrow, are you ready for the end of times? is merely a ploy to make more dumb people follow their silly religion. Religion is the biggest con ever created, and most people are too ignorant to realize it.

There is nothing to fear of any imaginary holy war or end times just as there is nothing to fear in regards to Santa Clause placing coal in your Christmas stocking because you were naughty instead of nice.

Christians want non-believers to fear death and the consequences of not worshiping their evil god, but one must distance himself from the fallacious emotional appeal of their idiocy to look at it all logically and reasonably.

There is nothing to fear of death. Just as one remembers nothing of who he was before he was born, the same will be the case upon death. There will be no magical sky daddy sneering at you for not believing in him, there will be no eternal pit of fiery hell, there will simply be nothingness.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is the Beginning of the End Serafino 23 2066 November 25, 2023 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Nailed to a cross, Filipino prays for Ukraine war to end Ferrocyanide 1 547 April 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Lightbulb the end is nigh 2!!! Drich 113 8842 October 1, 2020 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who Do You Think Is The Best Christian Of Our Times? BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1950 January 22, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Drich
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Foxaèr 31 4836 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
Sad My parents have gone off the deep end Tea Earl Grey Hot 25 6077 March 8, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  The Dangers of End time Prophecy Rhondazvous 83 15777 January 23, 2017 at 2:53 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  End of Times and career mcolafson 67 13885 October 8, 2016 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ends of times prophecy that I can't shake Won2blv 68 10220 April 3, 2016 at 3:00 am
Last Post: robvalue
Wink The Third Eagle of the Apocalypse says...the end is nigh! Aegon 12 5297 January 18, 2016 at 7:38 am
Last Post: ignoramus