Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to prevent your child from becoming an atheist.
How to prevent your child from becoming an atheist.
[Image: 563548_538996466174843_566541740_n.jpg]
RE: How to prevent your child from becoming an atheist.
Killing them works too. Not that I would recommend such a course of action, of course.
I suppose another option would be to not have them to begin with.
After the question ask-er read the answer above, if they were not trolling, they might not even feel their stupidity with all of the logical anesthesia involved.

A cute way of saying the information supplied was rejected.
Yeah.

"Hi, I'm a christian soliciting anonymous advice on how to scare my kids into heaven, circumventing their own thoughts and will. I don't think prayers, church, the bible or my own instincts can answer me as well as y'all."

Riiight.
(September 19, 2013 at 6:33 pm)LostLocke Wrote: I suppose another option would be to not have them to begin with.

Yeah, why would a Christian want to have children when they believe that there is a real (real within their doctrine) chance that they may end up in Hell?

Aren't they taking a big chance that they are bringing a 'soul' into the world with the chance that some of them won't make it through God's 'Soul Filtering Machine'?

There are 2 billion Christians on Earth. Conservatively, about 20% of their offspring will convert to a different religion or deconvert. If a Christian couple has 5 children, statistically speaking, they have destined 1 of them to hell. And that's not even taking into consideration that there are over 30,000 Christian sects, with the possibility that not all of them are paths to Heaven. Some Christians, through no fault of their own, are bringing up their children in one of the sects that is not a path to Heaven.

Therefore, any Christian with an ounce of morality would not have any children. Q.E.D.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(September 19, 2013 at 8:01 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Therefore, any Christian with an ounce of morality would not have any children. Q.E.D.

I liked your post; however, your quandry is solved when you replace 'moralilty' with 'reason' in your last sentence. Christians are devoid of reason, but proclaim morality. I ask, " what's the difference"; Christians don't understand the distinction or which one relies on the other.
(September 19, 2013 at 8:01 pm)Simon Moon Wrote: Some Christians, through no fault of their own, are bringing up their children in one of the sects that is not a path to Heaven.

Trouble is, nobody knows who that is because if you ask them, they're raising their children in the right religion.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Absolutely brilliant. Just when I had no hope left for Y! Answers.
No creator in the heavens above (I am the lightning)
Rest your weary mind
No demons in the furnace below (I am the frenzy)
I have realized I AM GOD
I'm a Jewish atheist and my husband is an atheist. Our kid is sure to be a fundamentalist Christian just to piss us off.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Atheists and Agnostics that have child Eclectic 11 1186 August 28, 2022 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Athiest parent sending child to Catholic school EchoEllis 36 5263 December 2, 2021 at 10:24 am
Last Post: brewer
  Does forming an atheist community pose a risk to becoming a religion? yogamaster 42 4657 June 22, 2019 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11367 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  If your child cries it means Satan is in him Ruckus123 8 1918 May 5, 2018 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Iceland is becoming atheist. Jehanne 13 2722 February 8, 2018 at 12:08 am
Last Post: haig
  does the "Israel becoming a nation again prophecy" have any value snerie 48 13351 April 1, 2017 at 2:17 am
Last Post: Amarok
  I think my mother may be becoming an atheist, advice? IanHulett 22 5667 October 17, 2015 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Is Atheism becoming a religion? liberalNutjob 0 1333 March 8, 2015 at 12:54 am
Last Post: liberalNutjob
  What to teach my child? Stealth 12 2965 December 24, 2014 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist