Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ABBA come back, eat it haters!
ABBA come back, eat it haters!
Bring me back to the come back city where the songs kick ass and the haters are bitter!
https://www.facebook.com/waterlooradio
Waterloo Radio
Broadcasting around the world every hour of every day. Including classic ABBA singles, b-sides, album tracks, solo work from Agnetha, Benny, Bjorn and Frida, tracks from Mamma Mia, Kristina and Chess plus cover versions, etc. Now officially recognised by members of ABBA ... ABBA news bulletins thr...
Page: 22,731 like this
RE: ABBA come back, eat it haters!
Is this going to go the same way as that other abba thread?
Well, if your intent is for me to go away, every time you respond it bumps the thread to the top. Just keep that in mind.
(September 20, 2013 at 4:38 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Well, if your intent is for me to go away, every time you respond it bumps the thread to the top. Just keep that in mind.

I have no strong feelings towards or against abba. I don't want you to go away and I don't mind the thread being bumped..

Not sure why your getting so defensive.

[Image: stoner-sloth-meme-generator-its-k-bro-ju...49c446.jpg]
If you knew the shit I put up with back in the late 70s and early 80s for liking them. And even today, not in a serious way, but I still get jabs from friends for liking them. I was kinda serious though when you asked that question. It actually could have been about any topic. What is the first thing people do when you tell them not to touch something hot?

In all seriousness, all this thread is about is the sudden jump in Waterloo Radio's likes today on facebook. Being a fan of ABBA music I guess I got a bit of energy about it.

But, on the other hand, I will verbally bitch slap anyone who thinks they have no talent.
I'll just say that ABBA ranks high on the list of great Swedish disco bands from the 70's with palindromic names.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(September 20, 2013 at 5:04 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I'll just say that ABBA ranks high on the list of great Swedish disco bands from the 70's with palindromic names.

I HATE THEIR STEREOTYPE of being associated with disco!

"Name Of The Game" WAS NOT DISCO

"Knowing Me Knowing You" WAS NOT DISCO

"Watch Out" WAS NOT DISCO

"HEY HEY HELEN" WAS NOT DISCO

"THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL" WAS NOT DISCO

Not to mention Fernando and Chiquitita are hardly disco.

Deep breath Brian, take a deep breath. LOL
Popcorn
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Nobody puts ABBA in the corner!
(September 20, 2013 at 5:17 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I HATE THEIR STEREOTYPE of being associated with disco!

From Wiki

Quote:By far the most successful Euro disco act was ABBA. This Swedish quartet—with such hits as "Waterloo" (1974), "Fernando" (1976), "Take a Chance on Me" (1978), "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)" (1979), and their signature smash "Dancing Queen" (1976)

I'll just leave this here.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Restaurant to eat free for a year Fake Messiah 6 623 January 17, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How to eat healthy Woah0 20 1725 September 13, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 456 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Let them eat spam! Foxaèr 33 2080 September 13, 2020 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Homemade Quotes, "ABBA sucks, doesn't count." Brian37 37 2353 May 21, 2020 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Where do these idiots come from? onlinebiker 23 2647 April 22, 2020 at 5:48 am
  What to get an ABBA fan for their birthday. Brian37 30 2192 September 17, 2019 at 5:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Should we be more humanitarian towards the fish we eat? Angrboda 14 1315 October 29, 2018 at 8:36 am
  I have changed my avatar. You can come out now. I_am_not_mafia 9 1268 June 9, 2018 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The How Come Thread Rhondazvous 22 2590 May 24, 2018 at 7:13 am