Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If these resident theists really talk to god..
If these resident theists really talk to god..
If these resident theists really talk to god, what in the hell do they talk about after they've read off their christmas list and begged to be ever so much more holy? Why can't god "tell" them anything new and useful to "WOW" us here at AF? Why do they always forget to ask god to explain some of the old mysteries or give us a convincing prophesy. Why can't they ask to get permission to show us a You-Tube video of them drinking Clorox and Draino to show us their true christian faith?

What other questions can you come up with that they could ask god during their daily conversations?
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: If these resident theists really talk to god..
Because even if we did any or all of those things, you still would not be convinced. You can always find some reason to not believe.
(September 23, 2013 at 7:23 am)ChadWooters Wrote: Because even if we did any or all of those things, you still would not be convinced. You can always find some reason to not believe.

I'm really tired of this "you just don't want to believe!" bull. My standards of evidence are no higher for god than they are for anything else. It's not my fault that you guys are so completely devoid of evidentiary support that you can't shoulder the simple burden of proof that you have.

Ask yourself this: what would you do it you wanted to prove to me that your girlfriend or wife exists? Like, if you actually wanted to put me in no doubt that she's there? All those things are things I would accept for god.

But none of you can do that. You won't show him to me, won't let me see a picture or in any way physically demonstrate him. Fine, let's see what indirect proof you can give me. And I have, we all have, that's why we ask what your arguments are; if we really didn't want to believe, why would we bother asking questions? What do we have to gain? You're probably thinking that it's to make fun of christians, but if that were the case, boy, wouldn't you be able to shut us up by proving us wrong? Oh, but none of you seem to be able to do that either...

Consider this, Chad: maybe, just maybe... it's not us. Maybe you should shelve the christian refrain of "I'm right, and if you disagree then there's just something wrong with you," and actually examine the arguments you're making. Hell, why not try swapping out the nouns? Try replacing "god" with the name of some other deity that you don't believe in in your favorite argument, and see if you'd accept that statement from someone else.

If the answer is that you, in fact, wouldn't, then ask yourself: why on earth are you expecting that we would be any different?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(September 23, 2013 at 7:23 am)ChadWooters Wrote: Because even if we did any or all of those things, you still would not be convinced. You can always find some reason to not believe.

WOW, what a genius comeback! God must have been guiding you on that one! No way you could have come up with that cop-out all by your little mortal self!

You've convinced me that god is REAL and that his mere touch can cause massive stupidity in his followers.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
It's ALL in their heads.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(September 23, 2013 at 7:08 am)Brakeman Wrote: If these resident theists really talk to god, what in the hell do they talk about after they've read off their christmas list and begged to be ever so much more holy?
Once you establish a relationship with God/Holy Spirit. The Christ list stuff goes by the way side. Don't get me wrong I will ask for stuff, but for the most part I seek direction and answers.

Quote: Why can't god "tell" them anything new and useful to "WOW" us here at AF?
Because it is well known that anything 'wow' will be dismissed, unless it happenes to you directly and you yourself have an oppertunity to witness/experience and question what you saw.

He already offers this oppertunity to you in Luke 11 (all you have to do is A/S/K)

Quote: Why do they always forget to ask god to explain some of the old mysteries
Maybe cause they are no longer mysteries.

Quote:or give us a convincing prophesy.
I did. I told you to watch out for the world leader that will intergrate or spear head the intergration the R/C Church and the popes 'new doctrines' with all other forms of luke warm spiritualism/religion. He will form the one world religion spoken of in Revelation....

Quote:Why can't they ask to get permission to show us a You-Tube video of them drinking Clorox and Draino to show us their true christian faith?
because you would claim it was a trick, and therefore would be a waist of time.

Quote:What other questions can you come up with that they could ask god during their daily conversations?
the new stuff we see you all ask.
(September 23, 2013 at 8:12 am)Drich Wrote: I did. I told you to watch out for the world leader that will intergrate or spear head the intergration the R/C Church and the popes 'new doctrines' with all other forms of luke warm spiritualism/religion. He will form the one world religion spoken of in Revelation....

I will congratulate you on one thing: you didn't do the standard prophecy bit of retrofitting past events into a prophecy. You actually went out on a limb with something yet to happen.

You wouldn't want to add a time you think this will occur and really seal the deal, would you?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(September 23, 2013 at 8:15 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(September 23, 2013 at 8:12 am)Drich Wrote: I did. I told you to watch out for the world leader that will intergrate or spear head the intergration the R/C Church and the popes 'new doctrines' with all other forms of luke warm spiritualism/religion. He will form the one world religion spoken of in Revelation....

I will congratulate you on one thing: you didn't do the standard prophecy bit of retrofitting past events into a prophecy. You actually went out on a limb with something yet to happen.

You wouldn't want to add a time you think this will occur and really seal the deal, would you?

I have no idea. I will guess and say unless your minnie's age you will see the intergration of the R/C church into one world religion with in your life time.

..and one other thing it's not my prophesy. It belongs to John of Patmos. I am just pointing out that the conditions are right for the first time in the History of the world for this to happen.

(September 23, 2013 at 8:12 am)Drich Wrote: because you would claim it was a trick, and therefore would be a waist of time.

Yet again, that is not your call to make. Why are you so quick to assume how we would think?

As a quick perusal of the threads show, posting biblespam to prove the bible says something about what the bible says is a "waist" of time, as does telling us there's evidence out there but never actually showing it, but most of you do it anyway.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
If they talk to their god, could they ask him/her/them to make a live appearance? Yeah, we don't seem to see them like they used to. Not even a burning bush or a talking animal.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Bet "Jesus" Is Real Proud of These Shits Minimalist 34 6025 December 4, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I need to talk about this Der/die AtheistIn 2 730 October 9, 2017 at 8:29 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Atheists, how would you explain these Christian testimonies? miguel54 44 9400 August 28, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  These atheists are right, no, it is not trolling. Brian37 11 2891 March 19, 2016 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Let's talk about... yaweh dyresand 106 9839 March 12, 2016 at 10:39 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Let's Talk About Saints! BrianSoddingBoru4 7 1895 March 8, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  what are they teaching in seminaries these days? drfuzzy 14 4084 August 28, 2015 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  These Crasy-Assed People Made Me Write This Song (or go bonkers) Rhondazvous 3 1361 June 23, 2015 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  "My God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?" Was Jesus Really Sinless? Rhondazvous 46 6928 May 14, 2015 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Vicki Q
  How often does the holy spirit talk to you? TubbyTubby 54 14633 March 20, 2015 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam