Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AKD says hello
AKD says hello
hi everyone. just wanted to introduce myself a bit, you all can call me AKD or whatever it doesn't matter. I'm a Christian who has decided to come here for enlightening conversation. I'm very familiar with logic, philosophy, and apologetics. I'm not one to talk about evolution as I am open to an allegorical interpretation of the creation story. I am very familiar with logical fallacies so if I see someone using them I will be quick to point them out, regardless of what their position is (I will freely point out flaws in other Christian's arguments if I see them). as fitting to the name I've given myself, I'm a seeker of truth. I don't care about the sides, implications or consequences of a position. I support truth and I will only take a side if I am convinced it is the truth.

despite this, I will give everyone here the benefit of the doubt. I will give you all respect and I hope to see the same in return though, this doesn't mean I won't use a bit of sarcasm. if you show me disrespect, you will in turn lose respect from me. I hope to have some good rational conversations with some of you if not more, and I hope to be able to show many of you that Christians can be intelligent and rational.
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them.
-Galileo
RE: AKD says hello
Welcome and enjoy the forum, AK.... D.
AK... did you know those are the initials of a guy who invented one of the most widely distributed rifles? Tongue
"Benefit of the doubt"..... gee, thanks.

P.s, hi from sunny WA.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Welcome Enjoy the forums.
Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Heyo and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome. From your post it kind of sounds like you expect to be treated with insults and rudeness just because you're a Christian on an atheist website. We don't really swing that way. We show everyone the same respect that they show us, but we don't respect false arguments, baseless assertions, or preaching. So as long as you don't do any of those you should get along OK here.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(October 1, 2013 at 9:54 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Welcome. From your post it kind of sounds like you expect to be treated with insults and rudeness just because you're a Christian on an atheist website. We don't really swing that way. We show everyone the same respect that they show us, but we don't respect false arguments, baseless assertions, or preaching. So as long as you don't do any of those you should get along OK here.

lets just say I've been arguing with atheists for a while, so I kind of know what to expect. we'll just see how this goes.
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them.
-Galileo
Welcome to the forum!

Please put the sacrificial tender baby on the table in the entry way. We'll take it from there.
(October 1, 2013 at 11:22 am)Rational AKD Wrote: lets just say I've been arguing with atheists for a while, so I kind of know what to expect. we'll just see how this goes.

Well if it makes you feel any better, we have a theist as a moderator here. I bet there's very few if any religious message boards with an atheist as a moderator.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue A long-time lurker says hello Ludwig 22 3866 November 4, 2015 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Ludwig
  Commie says hi! Red Economist 29 4043 August 8, 2015 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Lucanus
  Hey homeys, Mark Dreher says hello Mark Dreher 81 18742 August 21, 2013 at 3:41 am
Last Post: Darwinian
  Antisocial Asian says Hello JosephBowie 24 3420 October 29, 2012 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Spectrum
  2314th member says hi! THWOTH 31 8652 August 25, 2011 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: THWOTH
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5972 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3637 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates