Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excellent News!
Excellent News!
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/05/world/...=5043&_r=0

Quote: KABUL, Afghanistan — The United States and Afghanistan have reached an impasse in their talks over the role that American forces will play here beyond next year, officials from both countries say, raising the distinct possibility of a total withdrawal — an outcome that the Pentagon’s top military commanders dismissed just months ago.

American officials say they are preparing to suspend negotiations absent a breakthrough in the coming weeks, and a senior administration official said talk of resuming them with President Hamid Karzai’s successor, who will be chosen in elections set for next April, is, “frankly, not very likely.”

“The time to conclude for us is now,” the administration official said on Friday. In the absence of a deal, “this fall, we are going to have to make plans for the future accordingly.”

Long past time to get out of that shithole.

Whatever will the republicunts do without a war somewhere?
RE: Excellent News!
(October 5, 2013 at 2:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Whatever will the republicunts do without a war somewhere?

Start one with America.
I will still see it as sad when the entire place collapses back into the stone age when Nato withdraws.

So I will avoid saying "I told you so".
They LIKE the stone age.

[Image: myjad-33.jpg]
(October 5, 2013 at 3:13 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: I will still see it as sad when the entire place collapses back into the stone age when Nato withdraws.

So I will avoid saying "I told you so".

Why avoid it? 'Murica will never learn if you don't rub its nose in the shit it leaves behind. It seems reviewing recent history and our failures hasn't worked. Maybe shaming will.
(October 5, 2013 at 2:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Whatever will the republicunts do without a war somewhere?

Well, we ARE hating on Syria an awful lot at the moment. Confused Fall

My prediction; it will never end.
What falls away is always, and is near.

Also, I am not pretending to be female, this profile picture is my wonderful girlfriend. XD
War with China.... them chinese are stealing american jobs! Tongue

They will ramp up the civil war here at home.

(October 5, 2013 at 3:08 pm)Ryantology Wrote:

Start one with America.
Where have you been? They've been at
war with us since the 20's.
(October 5, 2013 at 5:45 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: Where have you been? They've been at
war with us since the 20's.

Touche.
Course in a later thread you'll go on about how the parties switched in the 60's. Which is it? War since the 20's or a switch? Popcorn
Nemo me impune lacessit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good News - Bad News Minimalist 3 637 July 5, 2016 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Excellent Arguement for Gay Marriage TheDarkestOfAngels 11 5322 February 3, 2011 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist