Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You are ruining the image of Atheists!
Sad 
You are ruining the image of Atheists!
Well, I just can't believe it. I said in ''Kevin Mirasi'' thread that we should respect all beliefs, and people started to insult me. First of all, I can't believe that a forum such big that it must be supported (and it is popular since it is overfunded) allows people to be rude.

You know, I wanted to make a big thread about my arguments why God doesn't exist. But now, I won't. You know why? Because I don't want to do anything with people like you.

Seriously, what are you doing? Would you talk like this in IRL conversation? Yeah, I can defend Christians. I support the true ones. You know who is a real Christian? A person who is incapable of hatred, a person who can forgive someone who killed their mother or raped their child - A truly forgiving person. Yes, true Christians are rare, and I still don't support their doctrine of hell. But people - why do you have to abandon all morals? Maybe not all of the Bible must be rejected? Maybe besides old testament horrors and injstices there is something positive?

I recently saw Michio Kaku on interview with RT. He was all fine and happy, until they started to talk about 9/11. He asked a woman if she is a conspiracy theorist in such way that he looked like a gestapo asking if people are hiding jews in their house. What I mean is, you freak out when someone is talking about Christianity. You call it extremism, you want to ban it. Easy, people! Christians are loud but harmless. And then you wonder why they talk about NWO and end times. If you are that hostile to christianity people WILL think that end times are coming! Easy, slow, with kindness, people!

I wish that the stereotypical image of an Atheist was an intellectual in a lab cloth, with a bow tie and glasses, who can CALMLY, WITH KINDNESS, WITHOUT SNARK AND SARCASM refute creationism, conspiracy theories, homeopathy, whatever you find irrational.

Instead, when I hear ''Atheist'' I see a guy looking like Steve Shives who is a fanatical Liberal and Obama supporter, extremely rude and snarky, ultra hostile towards religion and anything that isn't supported by leftist media.

So what will you do know? If you will laugh because I'm promoting kindness and understanding, then maybe you are supporting those who favored brutality and fanaticism, like Spanish Inquisition?

How different are you from those people? Of course, your methods are less brutal, but the core is still there. Atheism isn't a religion, yet you behave like religious fanatics. When something isn't exactly in line with your beliefs, you freak out - like fanatics.

And I, as a rational Atheist, am ashamed of you just like a true Christian is ashamed of Westboro Baptist Church.

-Kemotx, a rare Kind Atheist.
RE: You are ruining the image of Atheists!
[Image: ay5XqGX_460sa.gif]
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(October 8, 2013 at 2:59 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: [Image: ay5XqGX_460sa.gif]

There you go again, abandoning all morals!
(October 8, 2013 at 2:53 pm)Kemotx Wrote: Well, I just can't believe it. I said in ''Kevin Mirasi'' thread that we should respect all beliefs

Why?

If a belief is in my reasoned opinion stupid then why should I respect it?
Let me expand, people can believe whatever stupid crap they like, but if they then spout off about it and ask for my opinion why shouldn't I tell them its stupid?

If you have beliefs people may find laughable it is not good practice to go somewhere where those beliefs will be looked at rationally and ridiculed if you don't want to be laughed at.

Beliefs are like genitalia, if you don't like them being laughed at don't get them out in public.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

It's always amazed me how angry people can get because some guy on the internet insulted them. Keep some perspective, for chrissakes.
And of course, ridiculing. I'm barely 19, yet, I'm more mature and kind then most of you. This isn't 4Chan, people.
No religion is beyond critique.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(October 8, 2013 at 2:53 pm)Kemotx Wrote: Well, I just can't believe it. I said in ''Kevin Mirasi'' thread that we should respect all beliefs, and people started to insult me.

Boohoo. Members here have a short patience with superstitious people, deal with it. If you want respect, earn it by posting clever stuff.

Quote:First of all, I can't believe that a forum such big that it must be supported (and it is popular since it is overfunded) allows people to be rude.

Overfunded? And when you signed up for this forum, you (as everyone else) commit to play by our rules. If you don't like it here, you are free to leave.

Quote:You know, I wanted to make a big thread about my arguments why God doesn't exist. But now, I won't. You know why? Because I don't want to do anything with people like you.

What a shame! What pearls of wonderful knowledge and eloquence we're deprived of!

Quote:Seriously, what are you doing? Would you talk like this in IRL conversation? Yeah, I can defend Christians. I support the true ones. You know who is a real Christian? A person who is incapable of hatred, a person who can forgive someone who killed their mother or raped their child - A truly forgiving person. Yes, true Christians are rare, and I still don't support their doctrine of hell. But people - why do you have to abandon all morals? Maybe not all of the Bible must be rejected? Maybe besides old testament horrors and injstices there is something positive?

No True Scotsman fallacy. You might wanna read up on a couple of those before embarrassing yourself further.

Quote:I wish that the stereotypical image of an Atheist was an intellectual in a lab cloth, with a bow tie and glasses, who can CALMLY, WITH KINDNESS, WITHOUT SNARK AND SARCASM refute creationism, conspiracy theories, homeopathy, whatever you find irrational.

Time for you to grow up and leave lala-land.

Quote:Instead, when I hear ''Atheist'' I see a guy looking like Steve Shives who is a fanatical Liberal and Obama supporter, extremely rude and snarky, ultra hostile towards religion and anything that isn't supported by leftist media.

Atheist means only without belief in gods. No one gives a rat's ass about your biases and what additional meaning you add to a concept that seems to be quite foreign to you.

Quote:How different are you from those people? Of course, your methods are less brutal, but the core is still there. Atheism isn't a religion, yet you behave like religious fanatics. When something isn't exactly in line with your beliefs, you freak out - like fanatics.

How cute of you to generalize. And you get what you deserve, a little piece of condescending shit like yourself does not need kind words.

Quote:And I, as a rational Atheist, am ashamed of you just like a true Christian is ashamed of Westboro Baptist Church.

Your mom was ashamed of you when she had you.

Quote:-Kemotx, a rare Kind Atheist.

You're not rare, only special.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(October 8, 2013 at 3:03 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: There you go again, abandoning all morals!

You know me, I'm the angry, moralless heathen with no sense of social interactions, what of it? Tongue

(October 8, 2013 at 2:53 pm)Kemotx Wrote: Well, I just can't believe it. I said in ''Kevin Mirasi'' thread that we should respect all beliefs, and people started to insult me. First of all, I can't believe that a forum such big that it must be supported (and it is popular since it is overfunded) allows people to be rude.
It's called freedom of speech, and disagreement.

Quote:Seriously, what are you doing? Would you talk like this in IRL conversation?
Anonymity on the internet tends to do that to some people. However, I've found that the vast majority of people here are respectful of other people's opinions. Respect doesn't mean you have to agree with their opinion, or even be nice about it when debating it. Respecting another person's opinion only means you shouldn't simply discard it without properly discussing it, or tell them to shut up about it.

Quote:Yeah, I can defend Christians. I support the true ones. You know who is a real Christian? A person who is incapable of hatred, a person who can forgive someone who killed their mother or raped their child - A truly forgiving person. Yes, true Christians are rare, and I still don't support their doctrine of hell.
So, Christians are truly forgiving, yet believe that people who commit "sin" deserve hell? That doesn't sound forgiving to me. Luckily your opinion of what Christians are doesn't actually match up with reality. Christians are people who believe Jesus Christ is God. Anything beyond that and we're getting into describing Christian denominations, not Christianity in general.

Quote:What I mean is, you freak out when someone is talking about Christianity. You call it extremism, you want to ban it. Easy, people! Christians are loud but harmless. And then you wonder why they talk about NWO and end times. If you are that hostile to christianity people WILL think that end times are coming! Easy, slow, with kindness, people!
No, I don't want to ban Christianity. It should be obvious that one person's (or many people's) view on the forum is not the view of everyone on the forum, or the forum in general. We suppose freedom of speech and expression here. It's inevitable that you'll run into opinions that you don't agree with. Debate them, don't tell people to be "easy, slow, with kindness" or else you'll leave. You're the one not respecting people's beliefs there!

Quote:I wish that the stereotypical image of an Atheist was an intellectual in a lab cloth, with a bow tie and glasses, who can CALMLY, WITH KINDNESS, WITHOUT SNARK AND SARCASM refute creationism, conspiracy theories, homeopathy, whatever you find irrational.
Believe me, when you've been here as long as I have, it's difficult to keep up that appearance, especially when you have refuted the same crap time and time again. Some things deserve to be treated with snark and sarcasm.

Quote:-Kemotx, a rare Kind Atheist.
- Tiberius, an atheist who supports freedom of speech, even if assholes use it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Image of Guadalupe Fake Messiah 15 1126 September 2, 2020 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3323 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  AFA: Impregnated by a rapist? "Why kill a child made in God’s image?" Strider 54 7691 December 22, 2014 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: No_God
  Copy/paste image of "Something every Christian should hear" atheist04330 16 3328 August 6, 2014 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Christians, why are you hear (If you want to convert atheists read this) Lemonvariable72 66 18540 September 7, 2013 at 10:36 am
Last Post: max-greece
  Man created in god's image Doubting_Thomas 40 19659 November 2, 2012 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  What does in God’s image mean? He created Adam & Eve without a moral sense. Greatest I am 14 9024 April 1, 2012 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Jesus image found on dogs arsehole. downbeatplumb 9 3493 December 12, 2011 at 8:04 am
Last Post: houseofcantor