Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFA: Impregnated by a rapist? "Why kill a child made in God’s image?"
AFA: Impregnated by a rapist? "Why kill a child made in God’s image?"
The AFA is an organization that continually makes my blood boil and prods me into howling rage with alarming regularity. Take for instance an asshat by the name of Dr. Alex McFarland who explores the question of whether abortion is ever a right. His conclusion? Nope. Not even under the most horrific of circumstances.

http://afa.net/the-stand/sanctity-of-lif...ver-right/
Quote:6. Society should not force women who are pregnant from rape or incest to continue their pregnancies. Do you see a pattern here? This argument also sidesteps the question of whether or not the fetus is a person—an innocent human being with rights of its own. No one is saying that rape and incest are acceptable—they most certainly are not—but as the old saying goes, two wrongs don’t make a right. Why kill a child made in God’s image?

That is one of the most monstrous and cruel goddamn things I've ever heard. What is on display here is zero empathy or humanity toward victims of either rape or incest. A fertilized egg equals life to these people, but they don't give a fuck about an actual human suffering through something so soul-wrenching and wretched that we cannot even imagine it.

But wait! He also tells us what Christians can do about abortion:

Quote:3. We should not neglect the power of prayer when it comes to the issue of abortion, as well as the issue of getting along with one another.

I wonder if prayers have the power to change shitty people into something resembling a decent human being with empathy and compassion.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin
RE: AFA: Impregnated by a rapist? "Too wrongs don't make a right"
Utterly repulsive. What monsters religion churns out. If there was ever an open and shut case for abortion it's after a rape.

Again with christians wanting to control everyone's bodies, not just their own. Get lost.

And what is this, praying for an abortion? Am I reading that right? Or praying everyone starts believing your views on abortion?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 19, 2014 at 4:24 pm)Strider Wrote: That is one of the most monstrous and cruel goddamn things I've ever heard. What is on display here is zero empathy or humanity toward victims of either rape or incest. A fertilized egg equals life to these people, but they don't give a fuck about an actual human suffering through something so soul-wrenching and wretched that we cannot even imagine it.

It's even more disgusting that according to US laws, the rapist has certain rights concerning the child. So the woman not only would be forced to have the child of a monster, but also to grant that monster access to that child.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
the thing is if you are a catholic woman you have no rights to abort that child. bad as it is religion has the monopoly over people that says abortion is wrong. they clearly have it wrong the bible pretty much says abortions are okay. bible says its not a human until it comes out so yeah abortion its okay.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Nobody on the pro-choice argues two wrongs make a right. It's a straw man. Forcing a woman who conceives against her will to carry to term against her will, is a greater evil than aborting an embryo/fetus that doesn't have the capacity for consciousness - if such could even be described as evil in the first place.
RE: AFA: Impregnated by a rapist? "Why kill a child made in God’s image?"
Yeah, there's that bit where a woman can be forced to drink this horrible liquid which kills the baby under certain circumstances. Otherwise known as abortion. Christians so often forget the stuff in their own manual.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 19, 2014 at 4:27 pm)robvalue Wrote: Utterly repulsive. What monsters religion churns out. If there was ever an open and shut case for abortion it's after a rape.

Again with christians wanting to control everyone's bodies, not just their own. Get lost.

And what is this, praying for an abortion? Am I reading that right? Or praying everyone starts believing your views on abortion?
Praying that others accept their pathetic views.

(December 19, 2014 at 4:27 pm)abaris Wrote: It's even more disgusting that according to US laws, the rapist has certain rights concerning the child. So the woman not only would be forced to have the child of a monster, but also to grant that monster access to that child.
I wasn't aware of those laws. Sickening. I'm sure the Christians would be down with it though. After all, after that precious little life is brought into the world, the evangelicals wash their hands of it.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin
The thing that just makes it worse is that Mcfarland takes the pro-choice side to task for "sidestepping the question of whether or not the fetus is a person,"... and then proceeds to do exactly that, assuming his conclusion and calling the fetus a child, made in god's image. In fact, he sidesteps two important questions there, if you include whether or not the god he predicates his argument on exists too.

It's because, by and large, the pro-forced birth side doesn't want to address these questions themselves, they just want everyone who disagrees with them to do it.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
And, to the surprise of no one, his doctorate is honorary and given by a quack institution:

He was awarded an honorary Doctor of Divinity degree by Southern Evangelical Seminary in May, 2006, awarded, "In recognition of significant accomplishments in the fields of evangelism and apologetics."
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
I agree with you and it angers me also.

Until there is a brain, the fetus can't feel pain or fear.The woman carrying the child can experience those things.

Some anti abortionists make it sound as if carrying a baby is always easy and the rape victim can just skip her way through the pregnancy until it is time to give the child up for adoption. They seem to ignore the fact that some women experience difficult or very uncomfortable pregnancies. Not to mention that the victim might be judged for being pregnant outside of marriage. Can you imagine having to repeatedly explain your situation to nosy people?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ex-minister of secretive sect, admits to child sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 176 January 28, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Image of Guadalupe Fake Messiah 15 1136 September 2, 2020 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Jesus story has details that is most definitely made up i just realized!!! android17ak47 126 9118 October 12, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3623 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 9127 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Why, God? Why?! LadyForCamus 233 29811 June 5, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Archbishop Philip Wilson guilty of concealing child sex abuses zebo-the-fat 3 815 May 23, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Money raising through child work Der/die AtheistIn 12 3351 December 11, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Victims 'told not to report' Jehovah's Witness child abuse zebo-the-fat 13 2756 November 20, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  My mom made me confused Der/die AtheistIn 15 2581 November 19, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn