Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Christian Ballbags here
Question for Christian Ballbags here
Here is one for the Religious Fanatics Here on this Forum.

1) You say that God exists. Can I ask then why there has been not a single Prophesy / Miracle or major enlightenment of people by this said God since he stopped writing documents and texts 2000 years ago.

2) Can I ask why you are basing your faith on a document that was written by people who had a very limited Grasp of Knowledge. Think a toddler trying to explain the Bible.

3) You say that all non-Christians goto hell. If does this not indicate a failure in Gods 'All Saving' grace in that God still could not save people who did not believe in him

3a) based on the above question can we sufficiently say that God would rather people Burn for Eternity just because they asked for evidence to believe in him. Also if Jesus had to take our sins upon him why was it conditional on belief. Why could he not have accepted all sins.

3b) Jesus mentioned a Sin that he cannot forgive - This again proves that Jesus cannot forgive anything and it also causes a paradox in that Jesus who said that whoever believes in him will goto heaven. According to this same person if you commit this sin - despite believing in him you wont goto heaven so Jesus was a Liar!.

4) With regards to the Fundie Christians Here, Do you really think your ignorant attitude will make me want to love your God when I know that most Christians are like you. I am sorry but your nature shows you dont want to save anyone, It appears more like you want to hurt people.

5) WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL?

5a) WHY DID GOD CREATE HUMANS THAT ARE NATURALLY ATTRACTED TO EVIL?

5b) WHY DID GOD CONDEMN HUMANS FOR THEIR OWN DESIGNED NATURE?
Rants and Raves from an Ex-Christian http://walkofthemonkeyman.blogspot.co.uk/
RE: Question for Christian Ballbags here
Kudos for the amusing thread title.Smile
(October 11, 2013 at 5:51 am)themonkeyman Wrote: Here is one for the Religious Fanatics Here on this Forum.

1) You say that God exists. Can I ask then why there has been not a single Prophesy / Miracle or major enlightenment of people by this said God since he stopped writing documents and texts 2000 years ago.
There have been, they have been dismissed. I've personally brought several to this forum, and despite the truth of the situation I've been labled a liar and the works of god were over looked for known explainations.

Quote:2) Can I ask why you are basing your faith on a document that was written by people who had a very limited Grasp of Knowledge. Think a toddler trying to explain the Bible.
Because Christ Himself said that we must willing to become like Children in order to approach God. It is with these simplistic concepts that undeniable truth is found.
If you are faithful to the simple god will flood you with the complex. (and the ablity to comperhend and explain it simply enough to those who are in the process of seeking.)

Quote:3) You say that all non-Christians goto hell. If does this not indicate a failure in Gods 'All Saving' grace in that God still could not save people who did not believe in him
"All saving Grace" as you are attempting to use the term is not a biblically supported doctrine.

Quote:3a) based on the above question can we sufficiently say that God would rather people Burn for Eternity just because they asked for evidence to believe in him.
God provides 'proof' for all of those who Ask, Seek, Knock.

Quote: Also if Jesus had to take our sins upon him why was it conditional on belief. Why could he not have accepted all sins.
Jesus did take all sins upon Him, but not all of us wanted our sins to be taken. Above all else God is righteous. A Righteous God will not force someone into an eternity of service if that person does not want to serve.

Quote:3b) Jesus mentioned a Sin that he cannot forgive - This again proves that Jesus cannot forgive anything and it also causes a paradox in that Jesus who said that whoever believes in him will goto heaven.
Only if you insist that blaspheme of the Holy Spirit is taking the phrase 'Holy Spirit' and pairing it with a 'bad word.' However the paradox is resolved if one see the blaspheme as it is demonstrated in the two passages this story is found.

Quote:According to this same person if you commit this sin - despite believing in him you wont goto heaven so Jesus was a Liar!.
One can not believe in Christ and deny the Holy Spirit. The holy Spirit was the power given to Christ.

Quote:4) With regards to the Fundie Christians Here, Do you really think your ignorant attitude will make me want to love your God when I know that most Christians are like you.
No. Nothing we can say or do will Make you do anything. The purpose of me being here is to answer questions so you can make an informed desision as to where you want to spend eternity. I do not care what you choose for yourself, so long as you make a choice knowing full well the decision that you have made. That said it is my hope to see a few of you on the otherside.\

Quote: I am sorry but your nature shows you dont want to save anyone, It appears more like you want to hurt people.
If one's eye cause him to sin pluck it out or if one's hand causes him to sin cut it off. "The pain" I am calling attention to is point out a great need to reconsile, whatever it is I see that is keeping you from a relationship with God.

Quote:5) WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL?
God allows evil as it is the 'proof' of the independance we have from God's expressed will.

Quote:5a) WHY DID GOD CREATE HUMANS THAT ARE NATURALLY ATTRACTED TO EVIL?
Not all are, but we are all slaves to sin. God did not create man with a predisposition for sin. Man choose to sin, and then reproduced replicating being predisposed to sin.

Quote:5b) WHY DID GOD CONDEMN HUMANS FOR THEIR OWN DESIGNED NATURE?
For the same reason HE provided us a way to atone for our sins.
Good work, Drich. Hopefully, he/she will read it with a receptive mind.
Quote:Do you really think your ignorant attitude will make me want to love your God when I know that most Christians are like you.
Do you really think your thread title will make me want to leave my God when I know that most atheists are like you?
(October 11, 2013 at 5:51 am)themonkeyman Wrote: Here is one for the Religious Fanatics Here on this Forum.

The Lord is playing hide and seek with us, just like He did in the Wholly Babble's account of Creation (Genesis chapter 3:8-9).

After you die, He'll shout "surprise" and boy won't you atheists feel silly, right before He tosses you screaming into the pits of Hell, praise the sweet name of Jesus. Now, in case you think I'm just joking, read your Holey Babble and what it has to say about those who are not the Elect. He often "hardens the hearts" of and "sends strong delusions" to those He's targeted for His wrath. Even Jesus Himself says He doesn't want everyone saved:

Quote:Mark 4:11-12 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

So it seems you've been destined to be His "object of wrath" on Judgment Day to satisfy His sadistic glee. Better you than me, I say.

Quote:2) Can I ask why you are basing your faith on a document that was written by people who had a very limited Grasp of Knowledge. Think a toddler trying to explain the Bible.

Jesus Himself said that to get to Heaven, we must have the minds of little children.

Quote:Mark 10:15 Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven

Quote:3) You say that all non-Christians goto hell. If does this not indicate a failure in Gods 'All Saving' grace in that God still could not save people who did not believe in him

Who said the Lord was "all saving"? Probably some dumb ass phony Christian who wouldn't know a Bible verse if Jesus Himself wrote it on a sticky note and slapped it on their foreheads.

Quote:3a) based on the above question can we sufficiently say that God would rather people Burn for Eternity just because they asked for evidence to believe in him. Also if Jesus had to take our sins upon him why was it conditional on belief. Why could he not have accepted all sins.

No, the Lord would rather burn people for all eternity because they are "objects of wrath". Now it's not my place to question how the Lord gets his kicks but clearly when you read the Babble, you read about a god who has some anger management issues. Thank you, oh Lord, for taking it out on them and not me!

Quote:3b) Jesus mentioned a Sin that he cannot forgive - This again proves that Jesus cannot forgive anything and it also causes a paradox in that Jesus who said that whoever believes in him will goto heaven. According to this same person if you commit this sin - despite believing in him you wont goto heaven so Jesus was a Liar!.

In all seriousness, The Holy Spirit is supposed to represent the part of God within. You only get that when you "receive Jesus into your heart". If you reject The Holy Spirit, you are rejecting the entire process of salvation and so it becomes the one sin that can't be forgiven.

So you should never say, "I deny The Holy Spirit" or even write "I deny The Holy Spirit". ...uh oh!

Quote:4) With regards to the Fundie Christians Here, Do you really think your ignorant attitude will make me want to love your God when I know that most Christians are like you. I am sorry but your nature shows you dont want to save anyone, It appears more like you want to hurt people.

We like feeling superior to others and this religion offers a cheap and easy way to do it.

So He could get his kicks by torturing the unsaved trash.

See above. I mean, do you really think the Lord didn't expect Adam and Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge? It's like leaving a loaded gun in the living room, telling the kids not to play with it while you're gone and then walking out of the room.

Again, read your Babble. Not everyone is supposed to be saved. Only a few select are. Everyone else gets tossed into Hell for Yahweh's enjoyment.
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
(October 11, 2013 at 8:14 am)Drich Wrote:

There have been, they have been dismissed. I've personally brought several to this forum, and despite the truth of the situation I've been labled a liar and the works of god were over looked for known explainations.

Because Christ Himself said that we must willing to become like Children in order to approach God. It is with these simplistic concepts that undeniable truth is found.
If you are faithful to the simple god will flood you with the complex. (and the ablity to comperhend and explain it simply enough to those who are in the process of seeking.)

"All saving Grace" as you are attempting to use the term is not a biblically supported doctrine.

Quote:3a) based on the above question can we sufficiently say that God would rather people Burn for Eternity just because they asked for evidence to believe in him.

Quote: Also if Jesus had to take our sins upon him why was it conditional on belief. Why could he not have accepted all sins.
Jesus did take all sins upon Him, but not all of us wanted our sins to be taken. Above all else God is righteous. A Righteous God will not force someone into an eternity of service if that person does not want to serve.

Quote:3b) Jesus mentioned a Sin that he cannot forgive - This again proves that Jesus cannot forgive anything and it also causes a paradox in that Jesus who said that whoever believes in him will goto heaven.
Only if you insist that blaspheme of the Holy Spirit is taking the phrase 'Holy Spirit' and pairing it with a 'bad word.' However the paradox is resolved if one see the blaspheme as it is demonstrated in the two passages this story is found.

Quote:According to this same person if you commit this sin - despite believing in him you wont goto heaven so Jesus was a Liar!.
One can not believe in Christ and deny the Holy Spirit. The holy Spirit was the power given to Christ.

Quote:4) With regards to the Fundie Christians Here, Do you really think your ignorant attitude will make me want to love your God when I know that most Christians are like you.
No. Nothing we can say or do will Make you do anything. The purpose of me being here is to answer questions so you can make an informed desision as to where you want to spend eternity. I do not care what you choose for yourself, so long as you make a choice knowing full well the decision that you have made. That said it is my hope to see a few of you on the otherside.\

Quote: I am sorry but your nature shows you dont want to save anyone, It appears more like you want to hurt people.
If one's eye cause him to sin pluck it out or if one's hand causes him to sin cut it off. "The pain" I am calling attention to is point out a great need to reconsile, whatever it is I see that is keeping you from a relationship with God.

God allows evil as it is the 'proof' of the independance we have from God's expressed will.

Not all are, but we are all slaves to sin. God did not create man with a predisposition for sin. Man choose to sin, and then reproduced replicating being predisposed to sin.

What a load of rubbish, sidestepping all of the questions with vague, parroted babble.
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

(October 11, 2013 at 8:32 am)John V Wrote:
Quote:Do you really think your ignorant attitude will make me want to love your God when I know that most Christians are like you.
Do you really think your thread title will make me want to leave my God when I know that most atheists are like you?

And yet....your.......still........here....on an ATHEIST site.

[Image: tumblr_mliut3rXE01soz1kco1_500.jpg]

The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so.
-- Mark Twain

themonkeyman Wrote:
Here is one for the Religious Fanatics Here on this Forum.

My Reply: So you are saying that the Dead Sea has been parted more recently. Are you saying that thousands of people have risen from the dead. Are you saying that Goliath is wandering the earth. Are you saying that the Tower of Babel really existed. If you say miracles have occured then prove them and not just a miracle that could bexplained with a little reason and logic. A Miracle which leaves me wondering - What the fuck. Like a Stick turning into a snake is a kinda big deal for me. As is turning the Dead Sea red!

Quote:
2) Can I ask why you are basing your faith on a document that was written by people who had a very limited Grasp of Knowledge. Think a toddler trying to explain the Bible.

My Reply: So what Jesus essentially said is to believe in him we must be ignorant of everything else we know to be true and believe in Blind faith. Because being like a toddler means to come with no understanding not simple truths. The earth rotates around the sun - Is that a simple truth as it cannot be directly proven? To be as children is a way for him to keep 'His' flock of people from actually waking up and smelling the coffee.

You yourself are quite knowledged in the Bible and Scripture so you also negate yourself as you also use vast amounts of scriptural refrences to back up a point when infact you should take it as Is. Like this. The Unforgivable Sin is talking evil against the Holy Spirit. But you yourself are bending that!

Quote:
3) You say that all non-Christians goto hell. If does this not indicate a failure in Gods 'All Saving' grace in that God still could not save people who did not believe in him

My Reply: So what was the point in Jesus comming to earth if God ultimately wants us saved. It seamed that there is still more people going to hell than heaven so it looked like him loosing his 'Second' son resulted in very little positive change. Or was this because God is an evil tyrant that he wants to send us to hell so he sent his son so he had an excuse to torture those who didnt believe?!

Quote:
3a) based on the above question can we sufficiently say that God would rather people Burn for Eternity just because they asked for evidence to believe in him.

My Reply: I asked God the other day to heal all those with Cancer / Feed the Hungry I told him its my last straw for believing in him and what happened - Nothing. So was I not in the right place with my heart because I am sure among the millions of other people praying for the same people would have resulted in some movement!

Quote:
Also if Jesus had to take our sins upon him why was it conditional on belief. Why could he not have accepted all sins.

My Reply: Yes but that same person does not want to serve knowing that the same God would send their own loved ones to Hell! Are you North Korean or something - According to your logic if I dont want to follow God's army I perish! Why can I not just cease to exist or better yet just go to a limbo.

Quote:
3b) Jesus mentioned a Sin that he cannot forgive - This again proves that Jesus cannot forgive anything and it also causes a paradox in that Jesus who said that whoever believes in him will goto heaven.

My Reply: But again this proves that Jesus cannot forgive everything and thus his death is insufficient for sins!

Quote:
According to this same person if you commit this sin - despite believing in him you wont goto heaven so Jesus was a Liar!.

My Reply: Is it not possible that the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) was not given to jesus what so-ever. Look at it this way - I always had a problem believing Jesus was God even when I was a Christian, Could it not be said that my Holy Spirit guarded me against false teachings. As a Christian I always believed God Almighty is the only God!.

Quote:
4) With regards to the Fundie Christians Here, Do you really think your ignorant attitude will make me want to love your God when I know that most Christians are like you.

My Reply: But you are basing it upon your Religion being correct. Lets just say that we have Abrahamic Religons e.g. the ones that believe in the Same Ultimate God. Well 2/3 say that worshiping Jesus is wrong! So the likelyness of Christianity being right against the backdrop of Abrhamic Religions is unlikely. Heck there is a reason why the Jews didnt believe in Jesus.

Quote:
I am sorry but your nature shows you dont want to save anyone, It appears more like you want to hurt people.

My Reply: I had prayed to God like all other Ex-Christians we seeked God. Please do not think Drich that I just decided not to believe, It was a gradual process with no answers. I hear Christians say God will never Give us more than we can handle. So please explain why I fell away when he gave me more than I could handle. I worried about that Sin named above so much so I lost sleep / felt hopeless / sad and to be honest I stayed that way for 8 months of this year every day. I then told God one last time - I need a Miracle otherwise we are finished and he never gave the miracle. As far as I am concerned I gave God one last chance - Just so I knew the pain I was feeling was worth it and I got no response. So either God left me or God Ignored me either way both responses have turned me against him.!

Quote:
5) WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL?

My Reply: God allows evil - So God wants us humans to fall from grace on purpose?

Quote:
5a) WHY DID GOD CREATE HUMANS THAT ARE NATURALLY ATTRACTED TO EVIL?

My Reply: All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God. Remember that verse - God did create man to sin otherwise Adam and Eve would not have ate the tree. Adam and Eve did not choose to sin! - If they did know nothing of Good and Evil how can said people sin!

Quote:
5b) WHY DID GOD CONDEMN HUMANS FOR THEIR OWN DESIGNED NATURE?

My Reply: He did not provide a way - You said that Miracles Exist / Well surely God would know what it would take Miracle wise to convert every unbeliever on this planet so why does he not give everyone a personal custom revelation then let us reject it. I am not talking about ooh hey look I got a quarter from a friend today Im talking about 'Hey look I'm living in a Mansion'

Whats your come back.
Rants and Raves from an Ex-Christian http://walkofthemonkeyman.blogspot.co.uk/
(October 11, 2013 at 8:14 am)Drich Wrote: There have been, they have been dismissed. I've personally brought several to this forum, and despite the truth of the situation I've been labled a liar and the works of god were over looked for known explainations.

Are you so completely egotistical that you won't even entertain the possibility that your "evidence" isn't as compelling as you want it to be?

Quote:Because Christ Himself said that we must willing to become like Children in order to approach God. It is with these simplistic concepts that undeniable truth is found.

I can see how this process, where you don't need to do any work of your own, and can shirk sophistication in general, knowing you'll get it later by magic, would appeal to you.

Quote:Jesus did take all sins upon Him, but not all of us wanted our sins to be taken. Above all else God is righteous. A Righteous God will not force someone into an eternity of service if that person does not want to serve.

An actually righteous god wouldn't set it up as a binary choice to begin with.

Quote:God allows evil as it is the 'proof' of the independance we have from God's expressed will.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
—Isaiah 45:7

Quote:Not all are, but we are all slaves to sin. God did not create man with a predisposition for sin. Man choose to sin, and then reproduced replicating being predisposed to sin.

Oh look, evolution!

Quote:For the same reason HE provided us a way to atone for our sins.

Because he's a creepy weirdo who can't just do things right the first time?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89527 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Here’s my question. Losty 96 7607 July 20, 2019 at 5:53 am
Last Post: Acrobat
  Hello Atheists, Agnostic here, and I would love to ask you a question about NDEs Vaino-Eesti 33 5834 April 8, 2017 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Tokikot
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7439 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Question for Christians Here! themonkeyman 7 2954 January 11, 2014 at 12:21 pm
Last Post: xr34p3rx
  Question for Christians Here themonkeyman 3 1767 October 5, 2013 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Was anybody here raised non-Christian? RichardP 29 6014 January 18, 2013 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6347 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  I am an orthodox Christian, ask me a question! Jon Paul 603 379565 August 28, 2009 at 8:32 am
Last Post: Eilonnwy