Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 12:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Christians Here!
Question for Christians Here!
Howdie Christians,

I have been reading some Gnostic works and I have a rather interesting question that I need you to Biblically explain in any way you can.

1) God is not evil in any way so where did Evil come from, Surely it has to exist which means it needed to be created in which case either God created Evil or Evil exists alongside God?

Saying that going against God is evil is flawed as God himself would not create a being that is capable of going against him or create a being that is able to do evil as this would mean that God created evil?

2) If God can do anything he so desires in existence, Is it therefore possible for him to create a God identical to himself in power and might that cannot be undone?

If you say yes to this then I pose the next question

3) If God created another God identical in every way then how is this God able to exist as God is the Beginning and the End therefore this second God would come before the First God before it was ever created later?

And lastly!

After reading Gnostic works it would appear that their interpretation is that Satan is the God of the old Testament and that Jesus came to remove peoples deceptions.

It is explained that God who put the tree in the Garden which caused Adam to fall from grace was actually Satan and hence would render Jesus correct when he said that "Satan is the ruler of this world".

Can you consolidate this so that it makes sense. Did God create beings that were capable to do evil as surely doing this would mean that God had to give them the attribute to be evil in which case means that God creates evil?
Rants and Raves from an Ex-Christian http://walkofthemonkeyman.blogspot.co.uk/
RE: Question for Christians Here!
(January 10, 2014 at 7:25 am)themonkeyman Wrote: 3) If God created another God identical in every way then how is this God able to exist as God is the Beginning and the End therefore this second God would come before the First God before it was ever created later?

[Image: confused-o.gif]
[Image: thfrog.gif]

(January 10, 2014 at 7:25 am)themonkeyman Wrote: Howdie Christians,

I have been reading some Gnostic works and I have a rather interesting question that I need you to Biblically explain in any way you can.

1) God is not evil in any way so where did Evil come from, Surely it has to exist which means it needed to be created in which case either God created Evil or Evil exists alongside God?
Evil is not a force despite what we are told. Evil is a state of mind or action that identifies a person as being in willful and intentional definance of God's expressed will/His law.
(Sin is anything not in God's expressed will, we can sin and not be evil.)

Quote:Saying that going against God is evil is flawed as God himself would not create a being that is capable of going against him or create a being that is able to do evil as this would mean that God created evil?
Why not? The bible tells us this is exactly what God did. He wanted us to want to be with Him. in order for us to choose Him we must have first been given the choice to go against Him, otherwise our choice to select God as our Lord would have been His and not our own.

Quote:2) If God can do anything he so desires in existence, Is it therefore possible for him to create a God identical to himself in power and might that cannot be undone?
If He wanted I suppose He could.

Quote:If you say yes to this then I pose the next question

3) If God created another God identical in every way then how is this God able to exist as God is the Beginning and the End therefore this second God would come before the First God before it was ever created later?
Whaa?

Quote:And lastly!

After reading Gnostic works it would appear that their interpretation is that Satan is the God of the old Testament and that Jesus came to remove peoples deceptions.

It is explained that God who put the tree in the Garden which caused Adam to fall from grace was actually Satan and hence would render Jesus correct when he said that "Satan is the ruler of this world".

Can you consolidate this so that it makes sense. Did God create beings that were capable to do evil as surely doing this would mean that God had to give them the attribute to be evil in which case means that God creates evil?
Again, you or the gnostics seem to see evil as a force, when it is the identification of a simple choice to rebell against God. God gave man the choice to rebell someone not only take Him up on His offer we choose to stay and live there.

Also the reason Satan was refered to the ruler of this world is because he is. This world this life is the cloest thing satan will ever have to a kingdom. Hell is not satan's domain. Hell is where satan will be punished for eternity. When God Cast satan and his followers out, they were cast out to earth where man/Adam ruled. After the Fall Satan because the ruler through sin. Man still has dominion over the world, but Satan has dominion over man, therfore the actual ruler of this world. When Christ was tempted Satan offered Him dominion over this world and over all people if Christ would bow down to him (which would have made satan ruler over Christ) which would be meaningless if Satan did not have power and authority over the world.
Clearly, God could not create an identical God if God is by nature uncaused. My question for you: Is it better for God to create versus not create when the creation must inevitably do Evil? If Evil is not inevitable, what's Freedom?
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Another baited question and one that has stipulations attached.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(January 11, 2014 at 1:36 am)Godschild Wrote: Another baited question and one that has stipulations attached.

GC

Elaborate?
(January 10, 2014 at 7:25 am)themonkeyman Wrote: Howdie Christians,

Saying that going against God is evil is flawed as God himself would not create a being that is capable of going against him or create a being that is able to do evil as this would mean that God created evil?

2) If God can do anything he so desires in existence, Is it therefore possible for him to create a God identical to himself in power and might that cannot be undone?

If you say yes to this then I pose the next question

And lastly!

1) Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
yes god did create evil but xians prefer to ignore it and make a dodge to those questions.

2) Im sure he can, but since he prefers to be the only god alive, he chooses not to.

3) a bit confusing but i think you are referring to the argument of infinite creators.

4) Yes. satan was only the ruler of the world but not a god, although he could be one. The whole garden thing is stupid. a talking snake convinces a rib woman to eat from the forbidden fruit that god said not to using reverse psychology hence made it easier for eve to be convinced whereas if god didnt say anything about it, we would all be perfect...
xR34P3Rx
it isn't in our nature to think of a God, it is in our nature to seek answers and the concept of God is most influenced in this world.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here’s my question. Losty 96 7703 July 20, 2019 at 5:53 am
Last Post: Acrobat
  What do the conservative Christians here think of Professor Bart Ehrman? Jehanne 69 6049 March 8, 2019 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Are there any Christians here who believe in zombies? Jehanne 41 4862 February 1, 2019 at 9:30 am
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7853 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens) Tiberius 26 3352 June 7, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 7027 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A single question for Christians Foxaèr 30 6373 October 6, 2017 at 9:00 am
  Hello Atheists, Agnostic here, and I would love to ask you a question about NDEs Vaino-Eesti 33 5842 April 8, 2017 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Tokikot
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2791 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  A Loaded Question for Christians chimp3 33 5012 December 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0