Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if you were god?
What if you were god?
How would you run things?

-What would your Commandments be?
-What would you consider Sin?
-What would you demand of your followers?
-What would your afterlife be like?
-Would you interfere with life on Earth?

Quote:What would your Commandments be?
Live your lives to the best of your abilities and look out for others as you would look out for yourself.
Simple and easy to follow. No worshiping needed, no need to go to church, no need for belief/faith and no need to pray.

Quote:What would you consider Sin?
Brining harm to others, whatever the reason. That would be the only sin.

Quote:What would you demand of your followers?
Nothing. Only to live and look out for each other.

Quote:What would your afterlife be like?
A peaceful existence for those who follow the 2 most simple rules.

Quote:Would you interfere with life on Earth
Mostly no. Would only interfere if asteroid threatens earth or some deadly virus developed.

---
How would you do things as god?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
RE: What if you were god?
Good question, Ace Smile

I'd run things only slightly differently from you... except for this part here:
Quote:Would you interfere with life on Earth
I would be constantly creating and modifying things Smile Always trying to make it better, if you will Smile (and I wouldn't have an afterlife... I'd have designed life with death in mind.)
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Fantasies of unlimited power are a symptom of a narcissistic personality disorder.Devil
How would you run things?

-What would your Commandments be?

I wouldn't have any commandments.

-What would you consider Sin?

Again, no commandments would also mean that there would be no sin.

-What would you demand of your followers?

I wouldn't want any followers.

-What would your afterlife be like?

I'd give everyone their own Universe in which they would be omnipotent and therefore decide for themselves what they want to do or be, including non-existence if that's what they want, they would also be able to visit and live in other peoples universes with their permission including this one.

-Would you interfere with life on Earth?

I'd appear to all mankind and tell them that I do exist and there is life after death but that everything else they think they know about me is wrong.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
What you talkin' about "if"?

(October 25, 2009 at 6:38 am)Ace Wrote: How would you run things?

Quote:-What would your Commandments be?

Thou shalt not criminalize marijuana.
Thou shalt smoketh the herb daily.
No fighting! (excepteth for sport events)
and, of course, no fat chicks.

Quote:-What would you consider Sin?

Farming, growing, eating or not destroying lima beans.

Quote:-What would you demand of your followers?

Grape popcicles. Daily.

Quote:-What would your afterlife be like?

[youtube]49lAgtSzh40&feature=related[/youtube]

Quote:-Would you interfere with life on Earth?

Of course! Where would the fun be if I didn't? Old men's trousers just dropping while they are carrying stuff. Wardrobe malfunctions at major sporting events, Rush Limbaugh, Frodo. These hilarious things don't just happen on their own.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Quote:What would your Commandments be?
Try and not live your life by a placebo, unless in an absolute otherwise you might regret being dedicated to the truth later. Stick with the truth even if it turns out to be controversial. Go for evidence, not faith. Not take things on "Faith". Fuck faith (not literally (I mean, that doesn't even make sense really...)).

Quote:What would you consider Sin?

Faith is a sin. Also, "being polite", repressing yourself - only to blow off in people's faces later!

Quote:What would you demand of your followers?
No demands. As many guidelines as possible, but absolutely no 100% rules set in stone - no demands...

Quote:What would your afterlife be like?
Whatever the person wants it to be, so long as it doesn't fuck with others afterlife's if they don't want it to.

Quote:Would you interfere with life on Earth?
If I felt like it. I would be nice, but I'm sure even "God" gets bored Tongue (No wait, he doesn't, he's perfect - so he has no emotions! But then he wouldn't be me!!).

The rest I would consider common sense - uh oh! - and how the fuck am I supposed to command that if people don't have common sense? I'd have to endow them with common sense before birth! And that's going more than the above questions!

EvF
Interesting thread!

(October 25, 2009 at 6:38 am)Ace Wrote: -What would your Commandments be?

In simple form: Love your neighbour as yourself.

Quote:-What would you consider Sin?

Acts not done in love.

Quote:-What would you demand of your followers?

A relationship with them.

Quote:-What would your afterlife be like?

Human fulfillment. No more pain.

Quote:-Would you interfere with life on Earth?

Healings, etc.

I pretty much put a simple for of the christian God.

For those who said there would be sin, what is the result of that sin? (ie: What happens to Hitler in your world?)

Who goes to heaven and why?
Mark Taylor: "Religious conflict will be less a matter of struggles between belief and unbelief than of clashes between believers who make room for doubt and those who do not."

Einstein: “The most unintelligible thing about nature is that it is intelligible”
What happened to Hitler in your world?
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Since I am christian I believe the christian system is the best way of doing things. So if Hitler repented he would go to heaven, if not he would go to hell.
Mark Taylor: "Religious conflict will be less a matter of struggles between belief and unbelief than of clashes between believers who make room for doubt and those who do not."

Einstein: “The most unintelligible thing about nature is that it is intelligible”
What would your Commandments be?

I'd tell people to work it out for themselves. After all, I'd created them to be sociable.

What would you consider Sin?

My creations wouldn't be able to commit sin, whatever "sin" might be in my universe.

What would you demand of your followers?

Only that if they have problems they cannot solve themselves, to come talk to me (I'd live amongst my creations). I'd live in a non-temporal house such that I could talk to every person at the same time if they all came at once. No waiting times!

What would your afterlife be like?

There wouldn't be an afterlife. I'd tell my creations to enjoy their one life fully. On their deathbeds, I will visit them and ask them if they enjoyed their life. If they said they had any regrets, I'd rebirth them as newborns without their memories, but with a tingling sensation in their brain to go do whatever they regretted not doing (or vice-versa) in their previous life.

Would you interfere with life on Earth?

Only to the extent that a grandfather interferes with his grandchildren's lives when he gives them advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1410 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Who told you that you were naked? Um nobody. Fake Messiah 7 795 March 21, 2019 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Nakara
  Dead people testify! We were wrong! ignoramus 12 1711 June 11, 2018 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Just how stupid were the ancient Israelites? The Valkyrie 115 14645 June 1, 2018 at 5:39 am
Last Post: Joods
  Even if you choose not to believe in god, you’re actually believing in god Blueyedlion 160 15604 June 5, 2016 at 6:07 am
Last Post: robvalue
  If You Were A Theist Catholic_Lady 86 15839 August 29, 2015 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Divinity
  If You Were An Atheist Shuffle 111 23814 August 28, 2015 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  What Would the World b Like if You were God Rhondazvous 45 8571 August 23, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: ForsakenHeretic
Question If you were to create your own religion.. TheMonster 26 8009 July 13, 2015 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Joods
  What if the bible were rewritten? IATIA 45 8368 June 26, 2015 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: dyresand