Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For questions for Christians.
Star 
For questions for Christians.
-If god is omniscient so he knew we were going to eat the forbidden apple in the first place so why did he say to Adam and Eve that we should not eat the fruit he knew what was coming.

-God is omnipotent so he created all of us, including us non believers. God is omnipotent,so he knew that the people he created would become atheists. And he still sends people to hell because of the way he created them?

-If god created the sun of the fourth day,how had four days passed?

-God is omnipresent and he is also omnipotent so he can just disappear and not be present here.

(Do you guys get what I'm trying to say,because my English really sucks and I have difficulties explaining this thoughts if you don't understand it I will try to write it again)

Can you share any your questions?
RE: For questions for Christians.
(October 31, 2013 at 12:32 pm)Pretzel Logic Wrote: -If god is omniscient so he knew we were going to eat the forbidden apple in the first place so why did he say to Adam and Eve that we should not eat the fruit he knew what was coming.
Because they shouldn't have eaten it.
Quote:-God is omnipotent so he created all of us, including us non believers. God is omnipotent,so he knew that the people he created would become atheists. And he still sends people to hell because of the way he created them?
Yep. If you don't like it - who is the clay to question the potter?
Quote:-If god created the sun of the fourth day,how had four days passed?
Periods of light and darkness without the sun.
Quote:-God is omnipresent and he is also omnipotent so he can just disappear and not be present here.
That's not a question.
(October 31, 2013 at 1:20 pm)John V Wrote:
(October 31, 2013 at 12:32 pm)Pretzel Logic Wrote: -If god is omniscient so he knew we were going to eat the forbidden apple in the first place so why did he say to Adam and Eve that we should not eat the fruit he knew what was coming.
Because they shouldn't have eaten it.
Not good enough. God gave them a temptation that he knew they could not resist and then punished them for succumbing to it.
(October 31, 2013 at 1:20 pm)John V Wrote:
(October 31, 2013 at 12:32 pm)Pretzel Logic Wrote: God is omnipotent so he created all of us, including us non believers. God is omnipotent,so he knew that the people he created would become atheists. And he still sends people to hell because of the way he created them?
Yep. If you don't like it - who is the clay to question the potter?
The 'clay' is a sentient being. That might not mean much to you, but to most people that means they have basic rights and it demands a minimum standard of acceptable behaviour.
If you're trying to promote the idea that your god is a petty, vindictive little shit then you're doing an excellent job. 
What are the basic rights of sentient beings?
(October 31, 2013 at 1:20 pm)John V Wrote: Periods of light and darkness without the sun.

So where did the light come from without the sun?
You realise that we count days and nights by using the sun?
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Quote:Because they shouldn't have eaten it.

Because God said so! OK then lets put this another way - They had God literally saying to them not to eat it. Why is got not so Literal Today? I would believe in God if he spoke to me physically as he did to Adam and Eve. Also could this not open the case that 'God' was not that scary and Adam and Eve knew his nature. We do not know how long Adam and eve were on earth before the 'Fall'

Quote:Yep. If you don't like it - who is the clay to question the potter?
He is not saying that he is questioning the potter. However it is reasonable for the Clay to Question the potter when the clay thinks the potter is unfair e.g. throwing the clay into the bin! Now what the OP is asking against Christian Belief that God exists do you believe that God does evil things. According to you we are not to judge God when hes being a dick.

Quote:Periods of light and darkness without the sun.
Actually lets be honest here / Jesus is mentioned as the morning star / the bible also indicates the Sun.
God also called the Light Day and the Dark Night well today we know what Night and Day is so what is to say it is any different back then.
Generally to Primitive Moses here has to be an easy way to understand it.

Quote:-God is omnipresent and he is also omnipotent so he can just disappear and not be present here.
What the poster is asking - If God is everywhere then him not being somewhere nullifies his own idea of being everywhere. And if God is all knowing then there is nothing he wont know so therefore nothing is not unknowable to God so why does he seam like he does not know things. Also if God cannot be Omnipresent then how can be be all knowing and if God is all knowing but not existing in hell then how can he be omnipresent.

Understand you christian asshole.
Rants and Raves from an Ex-Christian http://walkofthemonkeyman.blogspot.co.uk/
(October 31, 2013 at 1:49 pm)John V Wrote: What are the basic rights of sentient beings?
The 'golden' rule. Don't do to others what you wouldn't want done to you - like threaten them with wrath. It's just not nice John Hmph
(October 31, 2013 at 2:00 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote:
(October 31, 2013 at 1:49 pm)John V Wrote: What are the basic rights of sentient beings?
The 'golden' rule. Don't do to others what you wouldn't want done to you - like threaten them with wrath. It's just not nice John Hmph
We kill sentient beings all the time, merely for being tasty or annoying. We don't want to be killed. So, either your understanding of rights is incorrect, or we're really, really evil.

(October 31, 2013 at 1:57 pm)Rationalman Wrote: So where did the light come from without the sun?
I don't know. It's not a problem for an omnipotent god.
Quote:You realise that we count days and nights by using the sun?
If we had been around in the first three days, we would have counted them without the sun.
(October 31, 2013 at 2:20 pm)John V Wrote:
(October 31, 2013 at 2:00 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: The 'golden' rule. Don't do to others what you wouldn't want done to you - like threaten them with wrath. It's just not nice John Hmph
We kill sentient beings all the time, merely for being tasty or annoying. We don't want to be killed. So, either your understanding of rights is incorrect, or we're really, really evil.

We kill because it is part of evolution, we also don't kill because of empathy which is also part of evolution, neither require a poofdaddy as a gap answer to explain reality.
(October 31, 2013 at 2:20 pm)John V Wrote:
(October 31, 2013 at 2:00 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: The 'golden' rule. Don't do to others what you wouldn't want done to you - like threaten them with wrath. It's just not nice John Hmph

We also suffer deluded primitives to live among us - shit happens John Consoling

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 2833 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7820 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  My Questions For Christians BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1659 May 13, 2018 at 7:18 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  A few questions for Christians... Simon Moon 7 2177 October 4, 2016 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31253 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The real "Christians answering questions" thread Foxaèr 17 2630 May 6, 2016 at 5:00 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51179 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Christians : my problem with Christianity, some questions. WinterHold 115 19682 March 28, 2015 at 7:43 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  More Questions for Christians polar bear 210 34416 November 29, 2014 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  More Questions For Christians BrianSoddingBoru4 15 5448 November 28, 2014 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4