Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homosexuality and demons!
Homosexuality and demons!
The reason I decided to start this thread is because earlier today I was watching a Spanish court program. A father wanted to evict his son from his home after his son confessed to him that he was a homosexual. The father did not state his religion but he did say that the only way he would allow his son to stay is if he submitted to a minister to perform an exorcism on him.

When the minister presented himself before the judge he stated that the fact that the young man was claiming that he was a homosexual was indeed indicative of his being possessed by an unclean spirit (demon). He stated that homosexuality was not a gene thing nor any other secular or scientific explanations available. It was a demon that possessed the subject and led him to carry out his "deviant" behavior.

The funny thing is that the judge said if he thought that a demon was involved that she would be willing to allow the minister to perform a test and if necessary to cast the demon out of the young man. As he sat before the minister and the man of God prayed and began to call out the demon absolutely nothing happened. Then he did the same thing to a friend of the man who was a lesbian and asked her after he prayed if she felt different, any pain, etc. She replied by stating that the only thing she felt was embarrassed by the ministers actions and beliefs.

In the end the judge, who claims to believe in God chastised the minister for accusing the pair of being demon possessed when in fact there was nothing wrong with them. Now clearly the bible does teach that homosexuality is an abomination to God and in fact was punishable by death. Leviticus 20:13 KJV
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Regardless of what the bible teaches I see nothing wrong with homosexuality. It is my opinion that everyone is entitled to live their lives as they please as long as they don't pose a threat to their peers in society. This is just one instance where the bible demonstrates its intolerance and ignorance on human affairs. The fact that they actually wrote a law about it indicates that it was going on at the time. But they figured that by putting the words in Gods mouth it would stop it in its tracks. Well, several thousand years later and homosexuality has gone nowhere and I honestly don't think it will go either. Live and let live what do you all think about my opinion?
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

RE: Homosexuality and demons!
Great post Chatpilot.

And what do I think about your opinion? I wholeheartedly agree of course! See the bottom of my sig Smile

EvF
Quote:I say, everyone should be respected for who they are (by themselves and by others)...so long as they respect others too.

Imo... one of the most beautiful sentences ever writ Smile

And I'm glad to see justice finally done in a case of homosexuality... that's the first court ruling i've heard that said there is nothing wrong with them, and actually somewhat mocked the minister. Smile I concur with your opinion Smile I hold the same ideal as the above quote Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Smile

Thanks for the compliment but I believe it must be hyberbole on your part...simply because of how many sentences have been written throughout history!

You haven't seen 'em all Smile

EvF
Nice post Chatpilot! These intolerances also applies to non-christians and has caused the killing of thousands of innocent people (in the name of religion).

EvF Wrote:You haven't seen 'em all
Keep 'em coming! Smile
Spinoza Wrote:God is the Asylum of Ignorance
Quote:hyberbole on your part
Not at all Smile it is at the least a 9.5... though I feel it is a 10 Smile That it is among the best doesn't detract either it other the other great sentences of history Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
When I was in the ministry I was mostly involved in a deliverance ministry which is the fundamentalist version of exorcising demons. I was mostly successful but now I attribute that to inadvertent auto-suggestion. But even in those days I never attributed homosexuality to demons. My ministry partner took it one step further, he attributed the Aids virus to demons and used to tell people that if they did not give their lives to Christ right then and there that the aids demon was lurking around them to enter their lives.

Needless to say he did get alot of converts but his methodology was a little too strong for me so I eventually broke up with him and continued my ministry on my own. He was very fundamental and attributed everything to demons sickness, disease, homosexuality. It was disgusting. The whole demonology thing just seems like primitive thinking to me these days based on ignorance and fear. Just like the beliefs in religions and gods is primitive thinking also based on ignorance and fear.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

CP,

Obviously your buddy was unaware of the power of Gypsy tears. They can stop AIDS from getting you.

Rhizo
The concept that certain human behaviors, such as homosexuality, adultery, alcoholism, are the products of specific demons meant to cause these behaviors, is sadly, not an uncommon belief.

Recently there wasa homosexual exorcism in Connecticut:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/sh...Rc1CXmzpbI
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(October 29, 2009 at 10:12 am)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: CP,

Obviously your buddy was unaware of the power of Gypsy tears. They can stop AIDS from getting you.

Rhizo

Or even worst: http://www.scienceinafrica.co.za/2002/april/virgin.htm
Spinoza Wrote:God is the Asylum of Ignorance

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Homosexuality no longer a sin Foxaèr 155 19677 June 20, 2018 at 5:34 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Homosexuality WinterHold 169 19566 February 17, 2018 at 4:09 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Why are most religions agains homosexuality? Der/die AtheistIn 140 22801 December 22, 2017 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Antares
  NDE of future war of demons masquerading as aliens scoobysnack 73 25907 June 12, 2017 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Why are you Against Homosexuality (to theists) ScienceAf 107 16546 September 2, 2016 at 2:59 am
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10699 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
  A query on Demons TrueChristian 27 5071 January 5, 2016 at 6:10 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Just wanted to clarify something re: homosexuality shep 35 6581 March 17, 2014 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  Demons? Nine 111 22492 February 11, 2014 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Tonus
Sad Christian Pastor: God wants you to beat the homosexuality out of your kids Miami_Marlins_fan 3 2977 May 3, 2012 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist