Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just wanted to clarify something re: homosexuality
Just wanted to clarify something re: homosexuality
I came across this post online and wondered, to those who read the bible, does it say anywhere in it that homosexuality is punishable by being thrown into the lake of fire?

Quote:doing homosexual acts are forbidden,according to the bible,thus shall be thrown in the lake of fire,you can try to go against gods rule all you want but in the end its all the same.look at how allot of people are dressing know,its all devil stuff.live in youre programmed fantasy world,but the allmighty is coming soon.
RE: Just wanted to clarify something re: homosexuality
The punishment is that they will be put to death, Lev. 20:13.

The concept of hell as a lake of fire is xtian bullshit not jewish.
(March 14, 2014 at 11:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The punishment is that they will be put to death, Lev. 20:13.

The concept of hell as a lake of fire is xtian bullshit not jewish.

ah oh right thanks.
I've heard xtians come out with the lake of fire bullshit but I don't think there's anything in the bible explicitly saying the punishment for 'lying' with another man is a lake of fire. It merely says it is an abomination and that's it.
(March 14, 2014 at 11:01 pm)shep Wrote: I came across this post online and wondered, to those who read the bible, does it say anywhere in it that homosexuality is punishable by being thrown into the lake of fire?

Quote:doing homosexual acts are forbidden,according to the bible,thus shall be thrown in the lake of fire,you can try to go against gods rule all you want but in the end its all the same.look at how allot of people are dressing know,its all devil stuff.live in youre programmed fantasy world,but the allmighty is coming soon.

What is it with fundy Christians and their inability to understand how punctuation works?

To get back to your question, it's a point of interpretation:
The Wholly Babble Wrote:Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

The "abominable" may be a reference to homosexuals. This interpretation is supported by the other references in the Bible to homosexuality as an abomination.

The Holey Babble Wrote:Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
1 Kings 14:24 And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(March 14, 2014 at 11:18 pm)Napoléon Wrote: I've heard xtians come out with the lake of fire bullshit but I don't think there's anything in the bible explicitly saying the punishment for 'lying' with another man is a lake of fire. It merely says it is an abomination and that's it.

also, doesn't it say in leviticus thou shall not lie with another man.. that doesnt say anything about having sex with each other..so how do they come to the conclusion that two members of the same sex having sex is wrong?
edit-just seen the 'sodomite' verse,i guess people interpret it that way
(March 14, 2014 at 11:22 pm)shep Wrote: also, doesn't it say in leviticus thou shall not lie with another man.. that doesnt say anything about having sex with each other..so how do they come to the conclusion that two members of the same sex having sex is wrong?

Because I'm pretty sure 'lie' in this context is synonymous with banging.
(March 14, 2014 at 11:22 pm)shep Wrote: also, doesn't it say in leviticus thou shall not lie with another man.. that doesnt say anything about having sex with each other.

To "lie with" is a way of saying "had sex".

Ancient Jewish culture clearly had a problem with non-procreative sex, perhaps from an obsession with population growth. Maybe being constantly invaded by different empires will do that to a culture.

The rules on how long a woman must wait after menstruation before she is "clean" enough to have sex again are timed to ensure the best odds that the kosher sexual encounter will result in a pregnancy. The story of Onan implies a divine disapproval for spilling one's seed (pulling out) but that's a point of interpretation.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(March 14, 2014 at 11:24 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Because I'm pretty sure 'lie' in this context is synonymous with banging.

hmm, i see.
Quote:Leviticus 20:13

King James Version (KJV)

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

I imagine that sheep or goat fucking was a bigger problem among herders but homosexuality was a normal occurrence among the Greeks. This bullshit has all the earmarks of a little propaganda trying to make the Greeks appear to be on the outs with 'god.' Since the Greeks did not arrive in the region until c 332 BC this gives us a terminus a quo for the earliest advent of this nonsense.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's not religion..believe me. It's something else WinterHold 49 7011 November 15, 2018 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Came across something on YouTube and had a very immature thought GODZILLA 20 2873 October 5, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Homosexuality no longer a sin Foxaèr 155 19739 June 20, 2018 at 5:34 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Homosexuality WinterHold 169 19618 February 17, 2018 at 4:09 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Why are most religions agains homosexuality? Der/die AtheistIn 140 22904 December 22, 2017 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Antares
  Why are you Against Homosexuality (to theists) ScienceAf 107 16570 September 2, 2016 at 2:59 am
Information You must seek something else, or something is seriously wrong with you WinterHold 23 3381 August 7, 2016 at 7:52 am
Last Post: chimp3
  So, this is something upon which I was reflecting Foxaèr 12 2648 June 2, 2016 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Finely-tuned universe wanted: Intelligent Designers need not apply. Time Traveler 38 8508 April 11, 2016 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10723 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am