Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFO Stories are Wacko
UFO Stories are Wacko
Have any of you researched this whole UFO phenomenon that is all over the internet. I went to a presentation with my atheist club about supposed UFO sightings by former government official Robert Hastings, and it sounds pretty looney.

Hastings showed us a short documentary about the various UFO sightings throughout the 20th century. The Pentagon made some of these claims, and apparently the UFOs were interested in the U.S. Government's nuclear energy policies. Yet no one knows how this could possible be true.

There was also a case in which New Hampshire residents Betty and Barney Hill claimed to have been abducted by aliens on their way home from a trip to Canada. Apparently the abduction only lasted two hours because they arrived back at their house two hours after they had initially estimated. Well, that could have been for any reason. Maybe they got stuck in traffic. Maybe they are really bad at time management. Undecided

My main problem with all of these theories about UFOs and alien life: All of it is based on abstruse recollections that people have made. Betty and Barney Hill's therapist placed them under hypnosis and they both told their stories about their alleged abductions. Then they drew pictures of these supposedly alien figures, and the little grey buggers looked just like the aliens you see in the movies, The X-files and South Park. Betty and Barney were probably just recalling a nightmare they had. Nowhere is there a single un-manipulated photo or video that anyone took right then and there. All of the pictures we have of these so-called aliens are only illustrations that alleged abductees drew well after they claimed to be abducted.

The same goes for all the other reported incidents. Please watch the video below for more on these crazy tales. I especially like how it quotes the National Enquirer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNSFgzrrb0w
RE: UFO Stories are Wacko
I am absolutely certain that there are UFOs ( unidentified flying objects.)

I am pretty certain that none of them are piloted by "aliens."
There was a real live UFO in my kitchen this morning! No joke.
It became an IFO once I killed it and ID'd it as a gnat.
I'm reasonably certain that the last thing to run through its mind was its ass Undecided
Not only are UFOs not piloted by ETs, it is my firm conviction that they never will be. The universe may be teeming with intelligent life (and very likely is), but we'll never, ever meet one of these beings.

That being said, while there is clearly some fraud in the accounts of UFO sightings, most of them are simple mistakes. Accounts of abductions by space creatures (like that of the Hills referenced above) are either deliberate frauds or honest delusions. Innit funny how much tales of ETs resemble religious maunderings? Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The UFOnuts will gladly note that 90% or so of UFO sightings are simple mis-identifications of ordinary objects or conditions. Then they sit there and make up percentages like "if only 1% of the remainder are real UFOs..." and let their voices trail off as if you can only fill in the blank one way.

Xtians pull the same shit with their empty tomb crap. "Well....if the tomb was empty.........."

As if their godboy getting up and doing an Irish Jig is the only possibility!
Quote:The UFOnuts will gladly note that 90% or so of UFO sightings are simple mis-identifications of ordinary objects or conditions.

True enough, but they phrase it wrong. It should be worded, '90% of all resolved UFO sightings are simple misidentifications...' etc. Simply because a sighting wasn't confirmed to have been a weather balloon doesn't eliminate the possibility that is WAS a weather balloon.

The people was aliens to be real. Religionists want gods to be real. And neither groups is going to let the facts sway them in the face of a higher Truth.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
True.
One of my co-workers stunned me on my last week of work. He's funny looking and talks funny and he said something like," Isn't it funny how all of a sudden you open your eyes and you were placed somewhere on Earth? We're supposed to be ok with that. All of a sudden you have to learn this language that everyone is speaking and do things like walk and sit like everyone else. There's this thing called feeling. And we're supposed to be ok with that? Weird."

Therefore, aliens.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
[Image: cfR8Hqm.jpg]

Whoops, wasn't meant to be that big Angel
Quote:Whoops, wasn't meant to be that big

Said the actress to the bishop.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ghost stories Fake Messiah 13 907 October 27, 2023 at 8:10 am
Last Post: emjay
  Alien Abductions & Encounters, and UFO Sightings EgoDeath 80 5703 October 26, 2019 at 11:10 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  So UFO's and aliens... what's the deal? Mechaghostman2 39 6445 October 18, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Can someone tell me why some ghost stories are "true"? ScienceAf 9 1950 August 20, 2016 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Saw my first UFO last night Zen Badger 41 10065 December 26, 2014 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
Rainbow Are UFO's and extraterrestrials real? TheouLive 136 34003 October 18, 2011 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger