Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Invent your own religion(!)
Invent your own religion(!)
Manbearpig is undisprovable!

Therefore he exists....

Check it out: The origin of Manbearpig. Proof of him. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ManBearPig
RE: Invent your own religion(!)
I choose to invent the following religion:

God is the only being and is quite lonely and bored. Rather than floating about in nothingness, God becomes people. Each person is actually God, but without God's power or memories. Upon death, the person realizes they are actually God and remembers all the lives they have lived. To escape that horrific existence, God plunges into yet another life as another person somewhere in space and time. Repeat.
(October 11, 2008 at 10:30 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Manbearpig is undisprovable!

Therefore he exists....

Oh I think if I had to invent my own religion it would have to involve lots of money and mucho gratuitous sex. Living forever would be handy as well Smile

Kyu

p.s. and lightsabres!
I AM GOD

You will worship me

If you pray to me I promise I'll answer in the exact same way the imaginery god you've been praying to does.

I am serious and can not be proven wrong.
Try praying to me and you'll see I'm the truth
Atheist = Realist
Theist = Arealist
Great one bungy lol...

Ok how about this...worship vampires and they will be transported away from the indivisible immaterial imaginary world into the real physical world and drink your blood till you die...IF you pray hard enough...

If you succeed in this GREAT act of worship...... when they kill you, you will go to heaven... and you will meet your LORD... COUNT DRACULA muahhahaha...actually he's quite a nice guy funnily enough...

If you die by any other means you will either go to hell or be given another shot at another life (depending if you had any fair chances at the getting-eaten-(well sorta drunken)-alive by vampires lucky break.... - or not). On some occasions you WILL get another chance... - like I said Dracula's actually quite a nice guy... - his generosity is certainly underrated.

LOL...that was crap...but it was off the top of my head so it was bound to be....

It probably woulda still been pretty crap if I spent all day thinking of one though lol...
I think Dawkings teapot idea sounds very....logic. It circle aorund the sun and it must be smart one if it winded up there. It cant be seen but no one can prove that there isnt there. Even if it was tehre it would be too samll to detect. But I think we shall all believe in the power of the teapot!
(October 26, 2008 at 8:58 am)Giff Wrote: I think Dawkings teapot idea sounds very....logic. It circle aorund the sun and it must be smart one if it winded up there. It cant be seen but no one can prove that there isnt there. Even if it was tehre it would be too samll to detect. But I think we shall all believe in the power of the teapot!
That wasn't originally Dawkins' idea...I believe it was Bertrand Russell's - Dawkins quotes Russell talking about it in his latest book :The God Delusion.
Oh and yes its a good analogy...if analogy is the right word?
The Flying Spaghetti wasn't invented by Dawkins either btw...it was invented in 2005 by a guy called Bobby Henderson apparently...to parody other religions (although we all know that the FSM really IS the LORD).
Also the IPU (invisible Pink Unicorn) wasn't invented by Dawkins either, I'm not sure who originally invented it though, but it wasn't Dawkins.
However Dawkins did certainly popularize the FSM and IPU in his latest book: The God Delusion. And also somewhat popularized Russell's Teapot too, I'm sure...but that was probably atleast reasonably well known anyway. I think Russell is pretty well known for the idea - those who know atleast quite a bit about Russel anyway.
I myself though heard of all three just through reading TGD, so I'd say he very probably greatly popularized all three.
The Flying Spaghetti Monster was created as a protest against the teaching of I.D. and creationism in science classes in America.

He argued that if you are going to teach the Christian creation story then by law you should also teach the Pastafarian creation story as well.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(October 26, 2008 at 10:14 am)Darwinian Wrote: The Flying Spaghetti Monster was created as a protest against the teaching of I.D. and creationism in science classes in America.

He argued that if you are going to teach the Christian creation story then by law you should also teach the Pastafarian creation story as well.
Yeah, I think I heard it was basically a parody of religions used as an argument against creationism. Yup. It was humorous and absurd but the point was it shouldn't really be considered any more humorous and absurd than any other religion because in reality, it isn't...so if they're going to teach creationism like you said - they'd have just as equally valid (or rather, invalid) reasons to teach pastafarianism too.
EasyWayOutism - You can believe in whatever god you like, and you don't have to worship them in any way. As long as you put EasyWayOutism on forms and pretend you feel sorry for people less fortunate than yourself, you'll go to whatever afterlife you want.
"Evolution isn't a matter of belief. It is a scientific fact that you can either accept, or you're an idiot." - My humble self.

Come along to Herd-of-Cats to talk about whatever the hell you like.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why can't I own Canadians? Dundee 14 1081 March 23, 2020 at 7:57 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Invent your own saint, prophet, or religious equivalent The Valkyrie 32 3552 July 1, 2018 at 9:00 am
Last Post: oldpollock
  Man creates in his own image Foxaèr 7 1072 June 14, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  So can god end his own existence? Vast Vision 53 13968 July 27, 2017 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  How do religious people react to their own arguments? Vast Vision 60 16146 July 9, 2017 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Bad Religion: How Trump is warping Christianity for his own gain. Foxaèr 4 1029 February 6, 2017 at 4:47 am
Last Post: GUBU
  This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden Greatest I am 17 3781 November 29, 2016 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden Greatest I am 18 3950 November 28, 2016 at 8:56 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10598 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4869 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger