Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding thoughts
Regarding thoughts
Up till I was about 22 over years old, I did not know about the nature of a thing which is very central to me. Thoughts.

Believe it or not, all the way till 22 over years old, I did not know whether or no other people knew what I was thinking. I just assumed that they knew.

Now , I am fully convinced that no onje else knows What I am thinking if I do not voice it out. So basically I can be infront of a babe and Imagine her naked, or be infront of a guy and scold them fu in my mind while smiling.

I wonder whether anyone else discovered the nature of their thoughts late as I did. Imagine a thing so central to your very being and yet you do not know of its nature.
RE: Regarding thoughts
Yes, as a Christian I worried a lot about my thoughts. That's because Jesus teaches that thinking about having sex with a beautiful woman is evil.

Of course, now I've grown out of such nonsense and realized that there is nothing evil about thinking about sex and there is nothing evil about engaging in sex either. (I'm not referring to predatory sex.)

It's clear to me now that if I had told some of these beautiful women what I was thinking, I would have gotten laid a lot more often.
Thinking of which, I wonder whether it is morally ethical to think of killing someone as long as you do not act it out
Morally ethical to think it without doing it? umm.... tough one. I'd say if you enjoy the thought, if that thought would make you feel as if something was personally accomplished, it would be immoral.

However, if the thought came to mind, maybe on random or just curiosity, I wouldn't consider it immoral. You have no want or intention of commiting such an act.

Shed any light? lol FSM Grin
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
I say we stone lilgrimlin now, get it outta the way.
So what now frodo? Morality is telepathic? It shouldnt matter what you think as long as your actions are good, and if you need 'god' as an excuse to be a good person, you are really messed up.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

Indeed. Although we need God to be morally good in a Christian sense. I'm not sure if secular morality is in reality impossible.It appears so from recent discussion on here.

You're the one that said if you think it that's enough, and I agree. Hence my post.
Well,

I'm a little empathic and get little flashes of feelings and ideas when I look into a person's eyes or touch their skin; nonsense mostly, but sometimes a usable thought manifests. I always thought that everyone was the same, but have figured out that most people do not share these experiences. I used to think it was because they were embarressed but have since ruled that out.

I am of two minds about what is occuring:

1. I am psychic and can sort of read minds

2. I am observant and create a mental model based on the plethora of non-verbal cues coming from a person.

I lean towards 2 because I don't believe in psychics and have read a lot about non-verbal cues.

Rhizo
Our brains are so fucking ridiculous.

I'm reading a book called "Head Trip" which describes, in detail, 8 distinct states your brain goes through on a daily basic(for example, REM Sleep, Alpha wave sleep, trance, hypnogogic...) and just finished the chapter on lucid dreaming.

What blew my mind was the revelation that the way we experience the world is largely modeled not by our sensory input, but by our brain and it's expectations. When we are dreaming, our brain has limited sensory input so it's mostly running of it's own "emulated" inputs, but the two are otherwise identical. There are real physiological reations that occur from these "emulated" sensory inputs.

Our brains are unimaginably powerful, and rule our bodies to an extent that we cannot even come close to understanding. As neuroscience and psychology gain more and more ground (and potentially merge, eventually), we're going to be discovering some crazy shit.
- Meatball
If you break down any aspect of reality to its fundamental aspects
you get down to something known as quanta.

this means, that for which there exists the least body of evidence.
While quanta has some unique properties,

it is worthy of note that our reality and our thoughts are literally made of
precisely the same substance.

and it stands to reason that if you can create thought, then the mind can likewise create....

you already know the answer.

peace

kavon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Books regarding atheism TrustMeOrNot 81 6796 November 24, 2019 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Tom Fearnley
  Your thoughts on John Gray? Foxaèr 12 3183 May 14, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What are your thoughts on Richard Dawkins? NuclearEnergy 96 12981 December 6, 2017 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Bow Before Zeus
  Atheists, what are your thoughts on us Agnostics? NuclearEnergy 116 27044 November 30, 2017 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Thoughts On Atheism and Faith ray3400 107 12661 October 12, 2016 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Thoughts Torin 2 1019 August 18, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  My thoughts on deepak chopra dyresand 4 1529 October 24, 2015 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue. Catholic_Lady 373 56274 September 24, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Deepthunk
  Thoughts on origins Kingpin 54 8487 August 12, 2015 at 8:23 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  thoughts on morality Kingpin 16 5980 July 29, 2015 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Pyrrho