Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Three Groups of Theism and Two Groups of Atheism
The Three Groups of Theism and Two Groups of Atheism
OK. So you're going to hear me say these a lot:

• Idiotheist
• Smartheist
• Increditheist
• Ignoratheist
• Intelligatheist

You should probably know what they are...

Idiotheist, smartheist and increditheist are terms for theists and what they know about religion and science, as well as tolerance ("not IQ, intellect as a whole, etc., just to religion, science and tolerance").

Ignoratheist and intelligatheist are terms for atheists and what they know about religion and science and tolerance, too ("[look at quotation marks above]").

IDIOTHEIST
(ID-ee-oh-thee-ist)
Combination of "Idiot" and "Theist"
(n.) A term for a theist who is very preachy, intolerant of Atheists and literally follows everything in the Bible (i.e. supporting heterosexual marriages and not homosexual marriages because it's against the word of "God"). These people are very irrational and only believe God's word.

SMARTHEIST
(SMART-thee-ist)
Combination of "Smart" and "Theist"
(n.) A term for a theist who is tolerant and doesn't do much work for their religion. They won't rage on anybody against their religion, nor do they often participate in many rallies or rituals for God and Jesus and such. They basically are Jesus-followers rather than Bible-followers. They're very rational.

INCREDITHEIST
(in-CRE-di-thee-ist)
Combination of "Incredible" and "Theist"
(n.) A term for a theist who just believe in God. Nothing more. No intolerance, no rallying, no prejudices, no hatred... Nothing. They hardly or never go to church. They're Theists leaning on Agnostic, but not quite. They're also very rational, more rational that smartheists.

IGNORATHEIST
(IG-nor-ay-thee-ist)
Combination of "Ignorant" and "Atheist"
(n.) A term for an atheist who is irrational in the sense of science and religion. They will often talk about information that is biased, unsupported, illogical, etc.

INTELLIGATHEIST
(in-TEL-li-jay-thee-ist)
Combination of "Intelligent" and "Atheist"
(n.) A term for an atheist who is rational in the sense of science and religion. They use supported, useful, unbiased, etc. information and techniques.

When I use these terms, I'm not calling the person/people smart, idiotic, awesome, etc. in general, only when it comes to the current topic of religion/science. It basically means that they're good with the subject(s) or bad at the subject(s).

But yes. You will hear these from me often.
╔═╪══╬═╦╦═╬══╪═╗
║♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ McGodless! ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ║
Bah-bah-bah-bah-bahhh~!
║♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ I'm lovin' it! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪║
╚═╪══╬═╩╩═╬══╪═╝

"And God said, drunk, 'Let there be Tails Turrosaki,' and there was Tails."
RE: The Three Groups of Theism and Two Groups of Atheism
Tails,

No no, please no tacking terms together to form new words. You are engaging in a thought process that will ultimately hinder your growth as an open-minded human being. I see the problem and hope that I am eloquent enought to reveal the problem with these terms with which you have proven to be quite enamored.

You are melding words that are descriptive while avoiding any pejorative conotation (theist, atheist) and melding them with words that describe YOUR opinion of the person and add nothing to the conversation other than the prejudice of the one writing the post. It is easy to agree with the labels theist and atheist without too much trouble, but when you fuse your opinions to them they become intolerable even if they are meant as compliments. For example, no matter how intelligent someone found me I would find the label "intelligatheist" intolerable.

I know, opinions are like assholes; nobody wants anyone else's shoved in their face! I have seen your posts and every time I see one of those words, a clangor is raised in my head such that none can abide!

Please bin those words.

Rhizo
(November 19, 2009 at 1:18 am)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: Tails,

No no, please no tacking terms together to form new words. You are engaging in a thought process that will ultimately hinder your growth as an open-minded human being. I see the problem and hope that I am eloquent enought to reveal the problem with these terms with which you have proven to be quite enamored.

You are melding words that are descriptive while avoiding any pejorative conotation (theist, atheist) and melding them with words that describe YOUR opinion of the person and add nothing to the conversation other than the prejudice of the one writing the post. It is easy to agree with the labels theist and atheist without too much trouble, but when you fuse your opinions to them they become intolerable even if they are meant as compliments. For example, no matter how intelligent someone found me I would find the label "intelligatheist" intolerable.

I know, opinions are like assholes; nobody wants anyone else's shoved in their face! I have seen your posts and every time I see one of those words, a clangor is raised in my head such that none can abide!

Please bin those words.

Rhizo

First of all... Aren't you exaggerating a bit? =^^=; I make up words all of the time. It's fun. Big Grin

Yes, I am adding my own opinions. :S But supposedly when I created those a while ago, nobody else really cared. =3= And now I've gotten hooked on 'em. Perhaps it is a bit prejudice, but it's more stereotypical rather prejudice. It would be the same as saying, "That post was very descriptive and very much useful, I applaud your efforts." I don't see why I should say that when I could simply say, "That was intelligatheistic." Opinions aren't always valued in debates, nor do they count for anything, but they're expressive. I do not like holding myself back. If a friend asks me, "Is my hair OK?" I will give them a straightforward answer from my opinion (with a polite attitude). Opinions are always in debates anyhow. Wouldn't a belief be considered an opinion? "I believe that the world was created by God." "I think that the world was created by God." They're similar, nearly... I'm probably wrong, though. I'm always wrong. 8D

Considering I'm an artist, I consider opinions very valuable. They're diamonds in disguise. But I also might add that your post was opinionated as well... I didn't take it offensively nor intolerably.

I will lower the use of those words, but do not expect me to change what I say so quickly... I'm sentimental about myself.
╔═╪══╬═╦╦═╬══╪═╗
║♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ McGodless! ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ║
Bah-bah-bah-bah-bahhh~!
║♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ I'm lovin' it! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪║
╚═╪══╬═╩╩═╬══╪═╝

"And God said, drunk, 'Let there be Tails Turrosaki,' and there was Tails."
Whilst I can see Rhiz's point it's also typically 'mature' and overly dismissive of the creative drive that is adolescence. Yeah some times, in it's most raw forms, it's over simplification and seemingly mindless, but it's also the major driving force behind human achievement IMO. Don't put down someone's creativity and individuality, unless you really want to live in a world of boring old gits like you and me Wink
This thread is a portmanteau-themed nightmare. Why are irrational theists called "idiotheists" but irrational atheists are dubbed "ignorathiests"?

I really don't like generalizing and having to place everyone and everything into tidy little organizational units. That kind of thinking leads to xenophobia, discrimination and hatred. "Us and them", etc...

Some people believe in gods. We call them theists. Some people do not, and we call them atheists.
- Meatball
Oh right, like you don't die a little inside when he uses those terms! It is more the creation of labels that I find dangerous to an open mind. I find it best not to pigeonhole people, and especially not to use words that are defined by me.

Tails,

I will cringe every time I see you use those words, I meant it when I said you should just bin them. That being said; yes, I know I was voicing my opinion and I put that, "opinions are like assholes" statement in their to let you know that I felt my words could be negatively received. I wasn't trying to be a buzzkill, I was merely trying to show you another angle so you would at least know what I thought and apparently a couple people agree with me.

I would suggest that you think about what your goal in combining those words really is and then decide whether that is a useful goal. By the way, saving keypresses is a poor goal because most likely you will have to make several post explaining what you even meant by those words.

Cheers,
Rhizo
I'm feeling the love Meatball Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airport three letter codes. Brian37 14 716 July 4, 2021 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Once, twice, three times a Brian. Brian37 14 946 March 22, 2021 at 7:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Two things that I don't understand. Add yours. Figbash 14 1264 May 4, 2020 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: no one
  Not A Poll: Two People Are At A Picnic BrianSoddingBoru4 13 1722 January 10, 2018 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Two people are drowning..... ErGingerbreadMandude 40 4837 January 10, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: brewer
  Can Two People Keep a Secret? Rhondazvous 41 4231 October 21, 2017 at 9:15 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  If the White House caught fire, who are the last three T.rumps you'd save? Gawdzilla Sama 9 1628 August 19, 2017 at 10:31 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Stop the presses, Mr Agenda's rep is about to go three digits - rep whoring op! Whateverist 34 6379 July 9, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Three meat versus four meat pizzas Czechlervitz30 29 2741 July 12, 2016 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: c172
  Been here three years Foxaèr 43 6748 April 3, 2016 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Little lunch