Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:35 am

Poll: How tight do you keep your secrets?
This poll is closed.
I have a secret i've never told anybody
58.82%
10 58.82%
I have a secret I've told one person
5.88%
1 5.88%
I have a secret I've told a few people
23.53%
4 23.53%
I don't have any secrets
11.76%
2 11.76%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Two People Keep a Secret?
Can Two People Keep a Secret?
My father told me the only secret I have is the one I don't tell nobody.

More than one person has come to me and said Rhonda, so and so asked me not to tell anybody this, but I know I can trust you not to let it go any further.

Maybe so, but on some level I feel a little resentful when someone expects me to keep track of what they told me not to tell anyone five or ten years ago. Why expect another person to keep a secret you can't keep yourself?

Say two people share a secret. How can one know the other will never go on a guilt trip or an honesty binge and feel the need to confess?

On the other hand, we all have a need to be known and accepted by at least one person on earth. Is there anyone that you would trust with your deepest secrets? If not, do you wish there were?
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Can Two People Keep a Secret?
Two people can keep a secret if you kill the other person.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
If I cut your tongue out, will you promise not to tell anyone?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I've divulged all kinds of secrets here, but without putting an actual name to someone I knew, for instance, that back in the 80s was convinced the AIDS virus would let him live, as long as he was useful to it, so it's still a secret as far as he's concerned.

I bring it up because of the effect it had on me, and a feeling more folks need to be apprised of what people in dire straits might be contemplating. I've found carrying some of this crap to be debilitating, and I'm trying to wrest some meaning from them instead of the internal corrosion I've experienced.

And Jesus Fucking Christ, K, why did you fucking confess that to me? JESUS, what was I supposed to do with that particular shit sandwich? You didn't think being a goddamn hospice volunteer wasn't sucking enough for me?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(October 12, 2017 at 6:10 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I've divulged all kinds of secrets here, but without putting an actual name to someone I knew, for instance, that back in the 80s was convinced the AIDS virus would let him live, as long as he was useful to it, so it's still a secret as far as he's  concerned.

I bring it up because of the effect it had on me, and a feeling more folks need to be apprised of what people in dire straits might be contemplating. I've found carrying some of this crap to be debilitating, and I'm trying to wrest some meaning from them instead of the internal corrosion I've experienced.

And Jesus Fucking Christ, K, why did you fucking confess that to me?  JESUS, what was I supposed to do with that particular shit sandwich?  You didn't think being a goddamn hospice volunteer wasn't sucking enough for me?

Sometimes I wish there was a heart kudos to share.

Heart
~ Erin Hunter
Depends on the two. I think the bigger picture is when it comes to idiots whom buy and sell conspiracies. They problem with lying is that the more people involved in the lie the more opportunity to uncover the lie.

It is why I hate bullshit conspiracies like Area 51, JFK, 9/11, crop circles, and dishonest "magicians" and psychics who could make a moral living by calling themselves "illusionists" and "mentalists".

Yes of course people can lie, even between two people, the problem becomes the more lies you tell and the more people you involve.
I have a secret (or a few secrets) that I've told a few people. And I have a secret (or a few secrets) I've told one person. I think.
I've got secrets upon secrets. Part of my career.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 12, 2017 at 7:02 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I've got secrets upon secrets. Part of my career.

I can make you woof.
~ Erin Hunter
I am the extreme opposite. I talk too much and am an open book. I have nothing to hide and I am not ashamed of my childhood abuses or calling out the adults that enabled those abuses to happen. Fuck those people. They don't deserve any respect from me so their transgressions are out in the open.

I am honest with my kids. They know I smoke pot. I don't smoke it all the time - less than a handful of times per year, but they know nonetheless. It would make me look like a hypocritical parent to tell them "don't do that" when they full well know I did it when I was their age. My only request was that if they were going to try pot, do it with me because I know where my weed comes from.

If people wanna know something about me - they can come straight to the source and ask.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help keep the forum up and running. arewethereyet 3 603 December 31, 2020 at 8:16 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Two things that I don't understand. Add yours. Figbash 14 1217 May 4, 2020 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: no one
  Secret Recipes onlinebiker 19 1546 July 10, 2019 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Why do I keep having this same dream or at least a variation of it GODZILLA 13 1647 February 18, 2019 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Why is there people who bother people for no reason? Macoleco 6 970 October 2, 2018 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Cod
  I will tell you a secret Foxaèr 16 2747 May 2, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Not A Poll: Two People Are At A Picnic BrianSoddingBoru4 13 1678 January 10, 2018 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Ever wonder what the admins of this site do in their super secret hidden forum? ErGingerbreadMandude 91 9736 January 10, 2018 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Two people are drowning..... ErGingerbreadMandude 40 4656 January 10, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: brewer
  What's your secret rapper stage name? Gawdzilla Sama 24 1789 January 8, 2018 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard