Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would atheist worship The biblical God if his existence was proven?
Would atheist worship The biblical God if his existence was proven?
Would the atheist worship Yahweh if his existence was proven with science. Theist can input too, but I want to see what the atheist has to say.
RE: Would atheist worship The biblical God if his existence was proven?
(January 8, 2014 at 7:32 pm)Sinnersburninhell100 Wrote: Would the atheist worship Yahweh if his existence was proven with science. Theist can input too, but I want to see what the atheist has to say.

You answer first.
Would you worship Zeus if science proved his existence?
[Image: Evolution.png]

No, I would not worship the Biblical God if his existence was proven, for one very simple reason:

He hasn't shown himself to be worthy of worship.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'd hold him to the same ideology I have about that for real people too:

Authority can be granted, but respect always has to be earned.
So far, he hasn't done anything that I would consider worthy of having earned it.
Nope. Why would I? If that particular god existed it would not be worthy of anybody's worship.
(January 8, 2014 at 7:32 pm)Sinnersburninhell100 Wrote: Would the atheist worship Yahweh if his existence was proven with science.

If science proved his existence, and he was as-described in the bible -

No. Not if my eternal soul depended on it.
Depends. Will I be tormented for eternity if I don't? Personally I'm not a fan of never-ending torment so I'd worship my way out of that. Same way you do what your told when some maniac has a gun to your head.

Nice username by the way..
Yeah...yhwh as depicted in your silly book of bullshit is a petty and vindictive tyrant. Fuck him.
(January 8, 2014 at 7:41 pm)Cinjin Wrote:
(January 8, 2014 at 7:32 pm)Sinnersburninhell100 Wrote: Would the atheist worship Yahweh if his existence was proven with science. Theist can input too, but I want to see what the atheist has to say.

You answer first.
Would you worship Zeus if science proved his existence?

I would worship Zeus if it was proven he existed. However through prayer and the difference living as close to as I can the way Christ intended has made for me I worship God from the bible.
I don't worship human tyrants, can't imagine why I would ever want to worship divine tyrants.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off? Sicnoo0 58 4053 February 25, 2024 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Dear Atheists: what would convince you God/Christ is Real? JJoseph 207 10488 February 12, 2024 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Do atheists believe in the existence of friendship? KerimF 191 10115 June 9, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  What is the worst religion in existence? Hi600 89 6199 May 6, 2023 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Scripture Is False And The Biblical God Is Dead. Authari 301 21338 January 27, 2023 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Atheism and the existence of peanut butter R00tKiT 721 49352 November 15, 2022 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Atheists will worship the Antichrist and become theists during the Tribulation Preacher 53 3255 November 13, 2022 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What would an atheist say if someone said "Hallelujah, you're my savior man." Woah0 16 1437 September 22, 2022 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? R00tKiT 225 15915 April 17, 2022 at 2:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Logical Disproofs of a Biblical Type God JohnJubinsky 28 2485 June 14, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic