Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 2:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"WHAT" sacrifice
"WHAT" sacrifice
I have never understood the story of jesus. So god created the universe knowing ahead of time that people would sin, (and jesus was foreknown before the foundation of the world) in (1 PET 1:20). Despite God’s failed experiment in the Garden of Eden, the mass execution of Noah’s flood and the final solution of Christ’s sacrifice, Jesus was predestined to be crucified all along. "He was chosen before the creation of the world,"
So one day, he sends his son, to sacrifce himself for sin. How does torturing a person forgive the sins of others? is that just. If god is all powerful, just forgive people. Why sacrifice himself to himself. All powerful, all knowing, all loving god was left with no other option but to torture and kill someone. How is jesus death a scrifice in the first place? After all he did come back to life and now is in heaven ruling the world. Six hours of agony on the cross is pretty bad, but so is six months of agony from cancer. So god sacrificed himself so we could bypass a rule that god made himself and that god deliberately designed, knowing we will never be able to meet. The reason behind the sacrifice, is mankind’s original sin...makes no sense. Why blame Adam for a moral lapse that he couldn’t even understand? Remember that he hadn’t yet eaten the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, so who could blame him when he made a moral mistake? And how can we inherit original sin from Adam? Why blame us for something we didn’t do? That’s not justice, and the Bible agrees: Parents are not to be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their parents; each will die for their own sin (Deut. 24:16). pay off my mortgage, the bank doesn’t in addition forgive my debt. There’s no longer a debt to forgive! Why imagine that God must forgive us after he’s already gotten his payment? Must Iron Age customs persist so that we need a human sacrifice?
RE: "WHAT" sacrifice
Right.

Or,

[Image: christianity-zombies.jpg]
(January 10, 2014 at 4:51 pm)truthBtold Wrote: I have never understood the story of jesus. So god created the universe knowing ahead of time that people would sin, (and jesus was foreknown before the foundation of the world) in (1 PET 1:20). Despite God’s failed experiment in the Garden of Eden, the mass execution of Noah’s flood and the final solution of Christ’s sacrifice, Jesus was predestined to be crucified all along. "He was chosen before the creation of the world,"
So one day, he sends his son, to sacrifce himself for sin. How does torturing a person forgive the sins of others? is that just. If god is all powerful, just forgive people. Why sacrifice himself to himself. All powerful, all knowing, all loving god was left with no other option but to torture and kill someone. How is jesus death a scrifice in the first place? After all he did come back to life and now is in heaven ruling the world. Six hours of agony on the cross is pretty bad, but so is six months of agony from cancer. So god sacrificed himself so we could bypass a rule that god made himself and that god deliberately designed, knowing we will never be able to meet. The reason behind the sacrifice, is mankind’s original sin...makes no sense. Why blame Adam for a moral lapse that he couldn’t even understand? Remember that he hadn’t yet eaten the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, so who could blame him when he made a moral mistake? And how can we inherit original sin from Adam? Why blame us for something we didn’t do? That’s not justice, and the Bible agrees: Parents are not to be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their parents; each will die for their own sin (Deut. 24:16). pay off my mortgage, the bank doesn’t in addition forgive my debt. There’s no longer a debt to forgive! Why imagine that God must forgive us after he’s already gotten his payment? Must Iron Age customs persist so that we need a human sacrifice?

a typical christian would say, oh he can do whatever he wants with us. and would probably bring up the story of Job where god doesnt need to explain anything to him. It doesnt make sense, but it serves as a loophole that confuses people and they end up believing it... i can tell you there is more physical evidence for zeus than god anyday... well atleast the rainy ones Wink
xR34P3Rx
it isn't in our nature to think of a God, it is in our nature to seek answers and the concept of God is most influenced in this world.
Funny u say that.. I waiting for someone to bring up job... ready indeeeeed!!!
(January 10, 2014 at 5:05 pm)truthBtold Wrote: Funny u say that.. I waiting for someone to bring up job... ready indeeeeed!!!

My position varies.
Moondays and Tiwsdays I believe that Jehovah made the universe and wants me to obey his bronze age users guide. Generally I don't do it and this will probably make Him mad.
Wodinsdays and Thorsdays I believe that He was just bored enough to make the bible a gullibility test and will award points to anyone who acts in a way contrary to His will just to spice up his reality show watching. I still act against his edicts, but in this case it makes him happy.
Saturnsdays and Sundays I believe that, as a being of essentially infinite knowledge and power, he is so beyond understanding that whatever I do it is a crap shoot as to whether it is pleasing to Him or not.
Friadays I just lie a lot.
What part of ineffable don't you understand.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
(January 10, 2014 at 4:51 pm)truthBtold Wrote:

Funny you should bring up human sacrifice ... because it's the most damning to the christian claim of a "unique god."
Human sacrifice was around LONG before jesus was invented. Yet somehow the christards want to sell you a load of shit that somehow their "one and only all powerful god" just happened to agree with MANKIND's invention of blood sacrifice. It is humans that decided there is some sort of importance in blood. Why would an all powerful deity need to adopt a stupid human tradition that violates his own Thou Shalt Not Kill Rule?

I'll tell you why ... because it's MADE UP! The reason why Jehovah has ALL the same traits as every other god is because he IS EVERY OTHER GOD. What a fucking shock ... the "one true god" just happens to also have a thing for blood. Christians are just as stupid as the Egyptians were thousands of years earlier. They believe that the fluid running through their veins is magical because without it, we tend to die. They're STILL fucking primitives who refuse to let go of ancient superstitions.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(January 10, 2014 at 5:22 pm)JuliaL Wrote:
(January 10, 2014 at 5:05 pm)truthBtold Wrote: Funny u say that.. I waiting for someone to bring up job... ready indeeeeed!!!

My position varies.
Moondays and Tiwsdays I believe that Jehovah made the universe and wants me to obey his bronze age users guide. Generally I don't do it and this will probably make Him mad.
Wodinsdays and Thorsdays I believe that He was just bored enough to make the bible a gullibility test and will award points to anyone who acts in a way contrary to His will just to spice up his reality show watching. I still act against his edicts, but in this case it makes him happy.
Saturnsdays and Sundays I believe that, as a being of essentially infinite knowledge and power, he is so beyond understanding that whatever I do it is a crap shoot as to whether it is pleasing to Him or not.
Friadays I just lie a lot.
What part of ineffable don't you understand.

Please dont do drugs...
Yeah, I've been wondering what this whole sacrifice thing was. The guy lives for 30+ years, which is more than many people get, gets tortured for a week, then gets to rule in heaven for eternity. Where was the sacrifice? If I cut off my finger, but have it reattached, what have I really lost? How is Jesus or Yahweh weaker now than he was before?

The whole story is bogus. It's a publicity stunt. The jews didn't intend for it to be a sacrifice. they were just killing a criminal. Yahweh did it for himself, for no other reason than he's known for liking the smell of blood. He's the one that decided that we were guilty for the crimes of other people, he decided what he wanted to happen in order to forgive us for things we had no control over, and he claims he's saving us from something he created himself.

To top it all off, this story about someone who was born a virgin, preached with some followers, died and came back three days later, had been told several times before in other myths.

This is the cornerstone of christianity, and it's bullshit.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

gotta trot this one out ...
[Image: Truth_zps7100233d.jpg]
[Image: Evolution.png]

I have asked this and only got a bunch of talking in circles, bible verses, and contradictions. The seem to be blind to the connection, and have conditioned themselves to always being right. They seem very scare of being wrong,I guess the fear of hell is really strong for them.
[Image: 347]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sacrifice Shuffle 82 12564 August 29, 2015 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Shuffle
  Jesus sacrifice and why it didn't count dyresand 30 5085 August 1, 2015 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Jesus' Sacrifice Nope 59 11419 March 9, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why is Christ's death considered a sacrifice? RobbyPants 74 15690 August 8, 2014 at 2:08 am
  Child Sacrifice in the Old Testament Mudhammam 91 26605 January 28, 2014 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  If Jesus came back to life....what was his sacrifice? Ucaslog1 101 31527 November 27, 2013 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Why blood sacrifice? Raven 38 14406 July 19, 2013 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  What Sacrifice ? Cinjin 96 27313 April 17, 2013 at 7:27 pm
Information God commands child sacrifice (not Isaac story) Tea Earl Grey Hot 144 52737 October 3, 2012 at 6:35 am
Last Post: Brian37
  What was the actual sacrifice that Jesus made? pgrimes15 78 38252 August 24, 2012 at 12:26 am