Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Jesus came back to life....what was his sacrifice?
If Jesus came back to life....what was his sacrifice?
Many Christians will say that Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice....the thing is.....he came back to life and supposedly used super human strength to push the boulder blocking his path. Therefore, if he came back to life....what was he sacrificing?
RE: If Jesus came back to life....what was his sacrifice?
(May 4, 2013 at 4:38 am)homocidlefreak Wrote: Many Christians will say that Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice....the thing is.....he came back to life and supposedly used super human strength to push the boulder blocking his path. Therefore, if he came back to life....what was he sacrificing?

Welcome to the forum Sir Freak.

This has been done over and over please go find one of them and read it, I believe most here are tried if this argument.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
Thank you, and yes I have read similar posts, thing is....no one has really answered it to my satisfaction, therefore I have worded it as simple as possible with no other way to avoid the answer...or maybe i just need to search harder, but thank you for your input.
I know we've done this recently and then sometime back not sure how long ago, I can't really imagine that anything new might come up, but hey you never know.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
In a nut shell / Through Adam all men are with sin, and under the law, the wage's of sin is death. Therefore if all men are bound to death by the sins of one man, so can all men be loosed from those same binds, by the death of one man without sin. Jesus was without sin was sacrificed and died. God did not trick sin out of its wages, by the resurrection of His Son , had Jesus sinned even once He would not have bean able to take back His life, but as He was without sin it is death which was un-able to hold on to Him.
(May 4, 2013 at 8:00 am)goodnews Wrote: In a nut shell / Through Adam all men are with sin, and under the law, the wage's of sin is death. Therefore if all men are bound to death by the sins of one man, so can all men be loosed from those same binds, by the death of one man without sin. Jesus was without sin was sacrificed and died. God did not trick sin out of its wages, by the resurrection of His Son , had Jesus sinned even once He would not have bean able to take back His life, but as He was without sin it is death which was un-able to hold on to Him.

So what was Jesus' sacrifice?

And thank you for answering
There was no sacrifice. He was put to death just like several other eople who told the truth had. It is a shame christians failed to acknowledge the message of Love but instead chose to worship the messanger.
Here's ten pages of a fairly recent topic. Maybe you'll find your answer here.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-18212.html
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(May 4, 2013 at 4:38 am)homocidlefreak Wrote: Many Christians will say that Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice....the thing is.....he came back to life and supposedly used super human strength to push the boulder blocking his path. Therefore, if he came back to life....what was he sacrificing?

Sorry - but the problem with the claim of a sacrifice is that NO sacrifice was needed -

The basis for the christ MYTH is original sin - ie - the sin of EVE in the Garden - a story that is actually a fairy tale - that we KNOW is not true - Humans evolved from other lower animals.

Now - even if YOU believe - and I do not - that there was a sin in the garden fairy tale - the problem is that the bible CLEARLY points out that we are personally responsible only for our own actions - not those of our "fathers" - etc.

So - the only person who needed saving was EVE - who was NOT alive at the time of the christ - if she was EVER alive to begin with. NO one else needed to be saved.

OF course - for the jesus myth to have come back to life - he would have needed something he never had - a life to begin with. Fictional characters only live in the hearts and minds of the deceived and deluded - not in actual reality.

Having said that - there is still ANOTHER problem with the story. THe xtians - while claiming a trinity - claim only ONE GOD. ANd in the bible - it is NOT jesus who became man - it is GOD = which would have meant all three at the same time. (THe word was GOD and the word became flesh)
IF the ONE GOD had become man - completely - it could not return back to being god - it would have had to give up that power to do so to become a human. So - there is a contradiction in the bible here.

OF course - if YOU actually read that section of the bible LITERALLY - it says that the WORD WAS GOD - the word is a STORY - so god was a STORY (not a reality). That is typical usage when the word "word" is used in ancient languages - by itself. WE say - what is the word on the street - we do not mean ONE word - we mean the STORY.
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Proverbs 16:25

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cult leader encouraging his followers to starve to death. Rev. Rye 2 467 April 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1332 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Rainbow (He/Him/His) No penis, identifies as a male Nihilist Virus 25 1967 April 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Jesus’ Failed Prophecy About His Return DoubtingHerFaith 107 15110 January 15, 2019 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2153 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Randomly cruising the interwebz I came accross...... downbeatplumb 1 652 April 28, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Can a Chrisitan lose his/her salvation? Jehanne 130 30915 July 26, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Jesus already came (at lest for some) Fake Messiah 60 15297 July 22, 2017 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Could God's creation be like His omniscience? Whateverist 19 5982 May 18, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Ham Must Be Starting His Presidential Bid Minimalist 30 3674 March 4, 2017 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie