Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sacrifice
Sacrifice
Why is sacrificing icky in other religions, but ok in yours? It seems a double standard is at play.

By the way, I am talking about JC.

Thanks!
RE: Sacrifice
(August 27, 2015 at 1:14 am)Shuffle Wrote: Why is sacrificing icky in other religions, but ok in yours? It seems a double standard is at play.

Thanks!
"Half-gods are worshiped in wine and flowers. Real gods require blood." ---Zora Neale Hurston
Can't have a proper death cult without some sacrifices.

Of course, JC is the most phoney of all sacrifices. It was the equivalent of God wiping a booger from his nose.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Jesus? Dude wouldn't know sacrifice if it wiped its dick on his face. He didn't even die. Pussy -_-
With jesus, it's not just a sacrifice, it's a snackrifice! Yumm.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(August 27, 2015 at 1:14 am)Shuffle Wrote: Why is sacrificing icky in other religions, but ok in yours? It seems a double standard is at play.

Thanks!

Christ was the final sacrifice ever needed for atonement. To continue on shedding blood for atonement is to ignore what God has done to put an end to the blood shed.
The problem is that blood was ever demanded at all. Killing an innocent person or animal has no magical properties. It just make you a murderer, because you killed an innocent person or animal. The only reason it has an effect is because it puts Yahweh in a good mood to watch something innocent die and smell its blood. That's why some people call it a death cult, especially since your holy symbol is a torture device, and why some believe Yahweh is a psycho.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

If blood and sacrifice have special significance, that's because Yahweh made it so.

Or does he live by other arbitrary rules? Make your dang mind up people Tongue
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(August 27, 2015 at 9:18 am)Chad32 Wrote: The problem is that blood was ever demanded at all. Killing an innocent person or animal has no magical properties. It just make you a murderer, because you killed an innocent person or animal. The only reason it has an effect is because it puts Yahweh in a good mood to watch something innocent die and smell its blood. That's why some people call it a death cult, especially since your holy symbol is a torture device, and why some believe Yahweh is a psycho.

lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.’
(August 27, 2015 at 9:02 am)Drich Wrote:

Thanks!

Christ was the final sacrifice ever needed for atonement. To continue on shedding blood for atonement is to ignore what God has done to put an end to the blood shed.
Oh, so only one innocent person died? Ok, good. I understand now. I am going to make up a god and then go kill my 6 year old neighbor down the street because I need her for atonement. It's just one person, though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus sacrifice and why it didn't count dyresand 30 5045 August 1, 2015 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Jesus' Sacrifice Nope 59 11100 March 9, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why is Christ's death considered a sacrifice? RobbyPants 74 15649 August 8, 2014 at 2:08 am
  Child Sacrifice in the Old Testament Mudhammam 91 26506 January 28, 2014 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  "WHAT" sacrifice truthBtold 12 4231 January 10, 2014 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  If Jesus came back to life....what was his sacrifice? Ucaslog1 101 31201 November 27, 2013 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Why blood sacrifice? Raven 38 14266 July 19, 2013 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  What Sacrifice ? Cinjin 96 27261 April 17, 2013 at 7:27 pm
Information God commands child sacrifice (not Isaac story) Tea Earl Grey Hot 144 52244 October 3, 2012 at 6:35 am
Last Post: Brian37
  What was the actual sacrifice that Jesus made? pgrimes15 78 37870 August 24, 2012 at 12:26 am