Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is nothing Positive about 'affirmative action'
There is nothing Positive about 'affirmative action'
Affirmative action is racist. It is implicly racist sine it openly advocates discrimination based solely on the artificial construct that is race.

It creates resentment -especially amongst Asian and Jewish people who are grossly discriminated against.

It infantalises Black people and assumes that they are too stupid to make it on their own.

It becames the norm for people to suspect that able and accomplished black people actually didn't get their jobs/ College placement on merit

It denigrates the individual

It is incredibly wasteful of human resources as capable people are denied career advancement.

It is wasteful of education money when people incapable of finishing courses are allowed entry (at the expense of better qualified people) and then drop out .

It encourages racial division and race hatred.

The Newhaven fire department case was instrumental in showing exactly how outragousl;y racist affirmative action is. It needs to be stopped
RE: There is nothing Positive about 'affirmative action'
No argument from me.
I agree insofar as affirmative action should be based on a person's economic status rather than race (since it is poverty rather than racism which is the real barrier to most African-Americans).

Public schools should be funded fairly and evenly in proportion to the number of students. University-level education should be an investment by a country's government into its future, not a profit-driven debt swamp that many kids don't even have the privilege to drown in.
(January 12, 2014 at 5:18 am)(╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: I agree insofar as affirmative action should be based on a person's economic status rather than race (since it is poverty rather than racism which is the real barrier to most African-Americans).

Public schools should be funded fairly and evenly in proportion to the number of students. University-level education should be an investment by a country's government into its future, not a profit-driven debt swamp that many kids don't even have the privilege to drown in.

Affirmative action means Oprah Winfreys Kids win out over the children of unemployed miners in West Virginia.

As for affirmative action for poor people you then get into absurd areas. Best idea would be for more support so all children can be supported in school so as to remove any things holding them back -like no place to study outside school.

Personally the US should have national examinations like every other county does so a Child from Massachusetts sits the same exams as a child from Arkansas.

University level education in the US is a shambles for such a wealthy country . You science education is quite good but your 'liberal arts' are a shambles and a way to rip off students who pay a fortune for almost no return.
Ron Unz' masterful essay on this topic suggests Jewish humans are not under represented in elite US universities but probably Asian humans are purely based on test scores. And non-Jewish white humans.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/a...ritocracy/

"We are therefore faced with the clear conundrum that Jewish students seem to constitute roughly 6 percent of America’s highest-ability high school graduates and non-Jewish whites around 65–70 percent, but these relative ratios differ by perhaps 1000 percent from the enrollments we actually find at Harvard and the other academic institutions which select America’s future elites. Meanwhile, an ethnic distribution much closer to this apparent ability-ratio is found at Caltech, whose admissions are purely meritocratic, unlike the completely opaque, subjective, and discretionary Ivy League system so effectively described by Karabel, Golden, and others."

Like the WASP Americans before them the Jewish Americans could plausibly be favoring their own.

"At most universities, a provost is the second-ranking official, being responsible for day-to-day academic operations. Although Princeton’s current president is not Jewish, all seven of the most recent Princeton provosts stretching back to 1977 have had such ancestry, with several of the other Ivies not being far behind.82 A similar degree of massive overrepresentation is found throughout the other top administrative ranks of the rest of the Ivy League, and across American leading educational institutions in general, and these are the institutions which select our future national elites."

Wow. Ethnic favoritism... who knew.

And before the Anti-Semite party starts ... let's talk about it ...

"Meanwhile, any hint of “anti-Semitism” in admissions is regarded as an absolutely mortal sin, and any significant reduction in Jewish enrollment may often be denounced as such by the hair-trigger media. For example, in 1999 Princeton discovered that its Jewish enrollment had declined to just 500 percent of parity, down from more than 700 percent in the mid-1980s, and far below the comparable figures for Harvard or Yale. This quickly resulted in four front-page stories in the Daily Princetonian, a major article in the New York Observer, and extensive national coverage in both the New York Times and the Chronicle of Higher Education.108 These articles included denunciations of Princeton’s long historical legacy of anti-Semitism and quickly led to official apologies, followed by an immediate 30 percent rebound in Jewish numbers. During these same years, non-Jewish white enrollment across the entire Ivy League had dropped by roughly 50 percent, reducing those numbers to far below parity, but this was met with media silence or even occasional congratulations on the further “multicultural” progress of America’s elite education system."
Racism is best defined as the belief that the human race can be divided upon ethnic/racial lines. The truth is that race is a social construct, the Irish for example were not considered white in the USA until relatively recent times.

To give some a free pass because of their race is racist in the extreme. It is paternalistic & re-enforces racist stereotypes that blacks are incapable of supporting themselves.

Color blindness should not be merely the aim, but also the method for ending racism.
(January 12, 2014 at 4:21 am)là bạn điên Wrote: The Newhaven fire department case was instrumental in showing exactly how outragousl;y racist affirmative action is. It needs to be stopped

I'm originally from New Haven, CT and I don't remember this case... but I looked it up! Utter ridiculousness that this could even be a lawsuit.

From the looks of it the case stated that the test for a Captain promotion was heavily weighted against African Americans because the oral portion was worth 40% but the written portion was worth 60%.

Are...you...serious????

You're complaining becuz u dun rite good? Dude, if you have poor writing skills then FUCKING LEARN!
(January 12, 2014 at 4:28 am)Tiberius Wrote: No argument from me.

We can always rely on you to defend the rich, Divi Tiberio.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/01/2...action.tm/

Quote: If our President had the slightest sense of irony, he might have paused to ask himself, "Wait a minute. How did I get into Yale?" It wasn't because of any academic achievement: his high school record was ordinary. It wasn't because of his life experience--prosperous family, fancy prep school--which was all too familiar at Yale. It wasn't his SAT scores: 566 verbal and 640 math.

They may not have had an explicit point system at Yale in 1964, but Bush clearly got in because of affirmative action. Affirmative action for the son and grandson of alumni. Affirmative action for a member of a politically influential family. Affirmative action for a boy from a fancy prep school. These forms of affirmative action still go on.
(January 12, 2014 at 1:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: We can always rely on you to defend the rich, Divi Tiberio.
What the actual fuck Minimalist? How on earth did you interpret a one-line agreement that affirmative action is racist as defending the rich? The OP never mentioned wealth, and neither did I.

Honestly, some days it's like you don't even read what I write and instead imagine I've written some horrible post just so you can disagree with your own imaginings. You're a dick.
I know, Tibby. You are a libertarian who only pretends to love the Ayn Rand crowd. Seriously, man. I do read your stuff. You are very consistent.

I simply cannot recall the last time you sided with the downtrodden against your billionaire heroes.

Maybe you can enlighten me?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Donald Trump and Melania test positive for Coronavirus zebo-the-fat 42 2707 October 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Why Political Parties Mean Nothing onlinebiker 10 608 September 29, 2020 at 10:04 am
Last Post: Divinity
  Does the positive side of tribalism/racism outshine the negative side? Greatest I am 58 2112 August 13, 2020 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Does positive masculinity exist? Men correct the woman. Aroura 52 4411 October 1, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  Nothing New Under The Sun Minimalist 6 1069 November 23, 2017 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle NuclearEnergy 6 2798 June 12, 2017 at 8:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Tanks for Nothing! Minimalist 21 3667 March 24, 2017 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trumpcare: Worse Than Nothing Minimalist 0 399 March 21, 2017 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Rapid Response and Action Alerts SteelCurtain 1 508 February 16, 2017 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  If This Doesn't De-Trumpify You, Nothing Will BrianSoddingBoru4 22 3511 January 11, 2017 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: Crunchy