Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did God crash this plane????
Why did God crash this plane????
My old squadron lost a jet today off the coast of Virginia Beach. The pilot was safely ejected, and is in the hospital recovering. No sooner than the news hitting Facebook was the credit for his safety immediately being given to God. Not a word about the guys that rig the chute, nothing about the guys that run the rockets and explosives in the ejection seat and canopy jettison system...just..."Thank God for sending those angels up with him today." You can bet your sweet ass that if this crash can be traced back to somebody, heads are gonna roll, but why? This was all God's plan. Why look at all? It got me thinking, why the fuck do Christians even care what caused the jet to malfunction and crash? Why recover the "little black box"? If God wanted that plane to crash, and the guy to survive, what good is there in understanding what the actual mechanical issue was? Sure, we could fix it, but if we're going up against God's plan, surely he'll find a different way to crash it. Why do the Christians in the Maintenance Department get pissed when shit hits the fan like this? Surely they realize that it was God's will, and all part of his plan, right? If God gets the credit for the stuff that worked, surely he should get the credit for the stuff that doesn't. It's just like when a Doctor saves somebody in a meticulous surgery, or a nurse in the NICU keeping a one pound baby alive, if it's success, it goes to God, if it's failure...WHO'S FUCKING FAULT IS THIS???

http://www.wavy.com/military/f-18-crashe...inia-beach
RE: Why did God crash this plane????
(January 15, 2014 at 6:56 pm)The Reality Salesman Wrote: My old squadron lost a jet today off the coast of Virginia Beach. The pilot was safely ejected, and is in the hospital recovering. No sooner than the news hitting Facebook was the credit for his safety immediately being given to God. Not a word about the guys that rig the chute, nothing about the guys that run the rockets and explosives in the ejection seat and canopy jettison system...just..."Thank God for sending those angels up with him today." You can bet your sweet ass that if this crash can be traced back to somebody, heads are gonna roll, but why? This was all God's plan. Why look at all? It got me thinking, why the fuck do Christians even care what caused the jet to malfunction and crash? Why recover the "little black box"? If God wanted that plane to crash, and the guy to survive, what good is there in understanding what the actual mechanical issue was? Sure, we could fix it, but if we're going up against God's plan, surely he'll find a different way to crash it. Why do the Christians in the Maintenance Department get pissed when shit hits the fan like this? Surely they realize that it was God's will, and all part of his plan, right? If God gets the credit for the stuff that worked, surely he should get the credit for the stuff that doesn't. It's just like when a Doctor saves somebody in a meticulous surgery, or a nurse in the NICU keeping a one pound baby alive, if it's success, it goes to God, if it's failure...WHO'S FUCKING FAULT IS THIS???

Im trying to get these kinds of things to sink in their heads.. I tried. U gonna get more aggravated reading some of these responses. But keep them pressed on the questions...
Do you really care why Christians do what they do?
(January 15, 2014 at 11:29 pm)Drich Wrote: Do you really care why Christians do what they do?

I care about the truth... on these forums I will keep pressing.. when im not on these posts I dont press.. people come here to find some truth and some answers..
(January 15, 2014 at 6:56 pm)The Reality Salesman Wrote: My old squadron lost a jet today off the coast of Virginia Beach. The pilot was safely ejected, and is in the hospital recovering. No sooner than the news hitting Facebook was the credit for his safety immediately being given to God. Not a word about the guys that rig the chute, nothing about the guys that run the rockets and explosives in the ejection seat and canopy jettison system...just..."Thank God for sending those angels up with him today." You can bet your sweet ass that if this crash can be traced back to somebody, heads are gonna roll, but why? This was all God's plan. Why look at all? It got me thinking, why the fuck do Christians even care what caused the jet to malfunction and crash? Why recover the "little black box"? If God wanted that plane to crash, and the guy to survive, what good is there in understanding what the actual mechanical issue was? Sure, we could fix it, but if we're going up against God's plan, surely he'll find a different way to crash it. Why do the Christians in the Maintenance Department get pissed when shit hits the fan like this? Surely they realize that it was God's will, and all part of his plan, right? If God gets the credit for the stuff that worked, surely he should get the credit for the stuff that doesn't. It's just like when a Doctor saves somebody in a meticulous surgery, or a nurse in the NICU keeping a one pound baby alive, if it's success, it goes to God, if it's failure...WHO'S FUCKING FAULT IS THIS???

It's always bugged me when I read reactions like this.

A plane crashes. 130 people die and one lives, "God is great. Praise God. It's a miracle!" So, god killed 130 people so he could show how good he is by saving one.

It has honestly pissed me off, especially since I encountered this attitude my real life!
Dying to live, living to die.
In all honesty, because that is the pop Christian thing to do. (For most people)
They simply do not know any better and they are just being faithful to what they understand. So rather than give this to luck they take the time to bring God into the mix.

For others they would have thanked God if the pilot lived or died, because we are told to give thanks in all things. However most of the time thanks for a good result will typically go public while thanks or a nod to God's province will be given in a private prayer.
While I don't understand the need, that's a much more appropriate response. My question to you is why? What is it that you think God needs you to do? It just seems like you feel a sense of obligation, and usually, obligations are inspired by an event that requires a plan to execute. If it was going to happen anyway, it doesn't feel like an obligation. Surely God knows how loyal you are, and that you believe he is responsible for all that is good. His omniscient ability to know this about you would satisfy Him. Would it not? Why not give all worldly credit where it is due? Clearly you believe that all of this happned for a reason, and whether or not the pilot survived, you would express the same sentiment. Isn't it selfish to only thank God for the events that you think are positive, if all of these things, death or otherwise, are aimed at positive results? So, why not thank God for the plane crash? Why not thank God for the Helo pilot that died last week, and remains lost at sea?

My issue with this idea of God is that you view him as some celestial controller. One that sees everything, and knows everything. A kind of watchman in the sky that has the power to do anything, but chooses to intervene in your professional career, but allows a devout Christian father of 3 to die at sea without waving a single hand. Are we to believe that God steps in to give you free money, but does nothing to prevent things like this or the Asian Tsunami? Don't you think this is a very obtuse and selfish way for you to depict such a praise-worthy entity?
(January 15, 2014 at 11:29 pm)Drich Wrote: Do you really care why Christians do what they do?

Yes we do because they also vote.
(January 16, 2014 at 9:38 am)The Reality Salesman Wrote: While I don't understand the need, that's a much more appropriate response. My question to you is why? What is it that you think God needs you to do?
To learn humility and accept His divine provnaunce, whether it personally benfits us or not.

Quote:It just seems like you feel a sense of obligation, and usually, obligations are inspired by an event that requires a plan to execute. If it was going to happen anyway, it doesn't feel like an obligation.
We are only oblidged to react in a given fashion if our initial reaction is the oppsite of what God wants for us.

Quote:Surely God knows how loyal you are, and that you believe he is responsible for all that is good. His omniscient ability to know this about you would satisfy Him. Would it not?
It's not about what God knows. It's about reminding ourselves to accept the will of God no matter which way the wind blows, but again pop christianity has changed the orginal command to what you indentified here.

Quote: Why not give all worldly credit where it is due? Clearly you believe that all of this happned for a reason, and whether or not the pilot survived, you would express the same sentiment.
I whole heartly agree. If I saw this pop christian sentiment happening before me I would take the time to remind those involved to the whole command, or at least ask if we would be as 'thankful' or yielding to God's will if the piloet did not survive.

Quote: Isn't it selfish to only thank God for the events that you think are positive, if all of these things, death or otherwise, are aimed at positive results?
It is also equally as selfish to not thank God for anything.

Quote:So, why not thank God for the plane crash? Why not thank God for the Helo pilot that died last week, and remains lost at sea?
Again in all things give thanks. The word thanks can mean to be greatful but it is not limited to that in the Hebrew, it can also mean to cast before or to lay before.. The idea meaning to give or to yield to.. In this context we are to be greatful for the good and yield to God's 'will' for the bad.

That is why I said most of the time it is the praise that is made public, and the yeilding is usally kept quiet.

Quote:My issue with this idea of God is that you view him as some celestial controller. One that sees everything, and knows everything. A kind of watchman in the sky that has the power to do anything, but chooses to intervene in your professional career, but allows a devout Christian father of 3 to die at sea without waving a single hand. Are we to believe that God steps in to give you free money, but does nothing to prevent things like this or the Asian Tsunami? Don't you think this is a very obtuse and selfish way for you to depict such a praise-worthy entity?
In truth all feeling and trivial emotion aside, 'we' do not know or rather we do know that allowing a population to develop unchecked leads to disease, famine, social and ecconomic collapse. In the nature of checks and balances good people will die, like wise alot of bad people die as well. From God's perspective (and that of the saved) Death of this life is not an end. It is our birth into eternity therefore it is not something to be mourned and lamented over. It is not the unforgivable sin soceity has deemed it.

We all want to live a long life and we may even feel we are entitled to it, but in truth nothing we have here in this life (including our lives) actually belong to us, therefore we are not entitled to anything.
(January 16, 2014 at 10:50 am)Drich Wrote: Death of this life is not an end. It is our birth into eternity therefore it is not something to be mourned and lamented over. It is not the unforgivable sin soceity has deemed it.

We all want to live a long life and we may even feel we are entitled to it, but in truth nothing we have here in this life (including our lives) actually belong to us, therefore we are not entitled to anything.

Do you have kids Drich? and if not, how is your relationship with your parents? Are they Christian as well?

(January 16, 2014 at 10:50 am)Drich Wrote: In this context we are to be greatful for the good and yield to God's 'will' for the bad.

And specifically, If God's will is good, then all that happens is intrinsically good. It doesn't seem like anything can be intrinsically bad from your standpoint, because all that happens comes from God, no?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did God play peek-a-boo? LinuxGal 36 3151 March 16, 2023 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13225 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 19284 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5885 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8508 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 9160 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Why, God? Why?! LadyForCamus 233 29842 June 5, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ? possibletarian 367 65678 November 24, 2017 at 1:59 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Why did god only make exactly the number of talking animals that he needed? godlessheatheness 41 8559 March 26, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Why Did Uzzah Die For Touching the Ark? Nope 167 37359 July 13, 2015 at 8:43 am
Last Post: robvalue