Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview Questions
Interview Questions
So, the author of the new book "God Hates You. Hate Him Back" has asked if I wanted to interview him. I'd love to, but the only problem is I'm terrible at thinking up questions to ask. I need to get some ideas quickly, so I thought I'd ask you guys to come up with some for me Big Grin

Please...
RE: Interview Questions
Question One: When and how did he know what he was going to name his book?

lolol
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...

1. How many authors do you think the bible has?
  2. Why do you think the bible is so violent?
  3. Is the God of the OT different from the God of the NT?
  4. How important do you think fear is for the Church to be able to hold on to its members?
  5. Does the bible reflect a primitive instinct in man to be controlled by a leader?
  6. Just how contradictory is the bible really?
  7. Why does the God of the bible hate us?
  8. What do you hope to achieve with your latest book?
  9. Do you think that if people took the time to read the bible with a critical mind, most would reject it?
  10. What made you so against religion?
  11. Do you think that the bible is unique in its style or are other texts guilty of the same thing such as the qu'ran etc.?
  12. If the bible had been written today, would anyone take it seriously?
  13. What do you think about the rise in atheism as a force over recent years and where will it take us?
  14. Why is it that otherwise seemingly intelligent people can fall for these stone age fairy tales?
  15. Why is it that so many people seem to cling to religion? It that they simply want to know that they won't die when their body does?
  16. What's the strangest argument in favour of the bible that you've ever heard?
  17. What do you say to the argument that in order to fully understand the bible you need to read it from a position of faith?
  18. Just how many contradictions are there in the bible?
  19. Do you think that Jesus actually existed and if so, what would he make of the things that have been done in his name?
  20. Do you think that fundamentalist Christians are suffering with a form of mental illness?
  21. What are your views on other atheist writers such as Hitchens, Dawkins etc.?
  22. Do you feel sorry for those who believe the bible is the literal word of God?
  23. Is there a danger that by attacking the bible so actively that you could cause an 'unholy' war, so to speak?
  24. Is atheism the new fundamentalism?
  25. What is your religious background? i.e. Were you raised a Christian?
  26. Is the problem more focused in the U.S. rather than, say, Europe?
  27. What can we, as atheists do to stem the flow of radical religious thinking?
  28. In an emergency, who would you prefer to look after your children, a catholic priest or an atheist social worker and why?
  29. Do you think that the leaders and prominent figures of the church should apologise for all the suffering and injustice their faith has caused over the centuries?
  30. What are your views about the teaching of creationism and I.D. in our schools?
  31. Do you think that the bible is actually funny?
  32. Do you have any Christian friends and if so, what do they make of you?
  33. What do you say to those who say that their faith gives them comfort and does no harm?
  34. Are you planning another book about the Qu'ran?
  35. Why do you think that so many Christians are active in their faith whilst so many atheists just seem apathetic?
  36. Christopher Hitchens was asked 'if he converted all but one in the world to athiesm would he try to convert that last one?' He said no, what would you say?
  37. Do you get any hate mail from rabbid creationists?
  38. What is your main attitude towards religion and its influence on everyday life? Anger, incredulity, amusement etc.?
  39. What advice would you give to other aspiring authors who want to follow in your footsteps?
  40. Are you a member of any atheist organisations such as forums etc.?
  41. Do you think the authors of the bible meant for their words to be taken literally?
  42. If you cut out all the stuff in the bible that you dislike, how much would be left?

Got a bit carried away there. Thinking

Some of them might be ok, oh and ask him if he'd like to join atheistforums.org and get a free t-shirt? Wink
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I expect you've already spotted these:

http://www.rustylime.com/show_article.php?id=3808

http://www.rustylime.com/show_article.php?id=3813
Only sheep need a shepherd.
I just read a review for this book last week. It comes out 12/9, I believe. Looks good to me.

I'd ask him, "If you could tell the impressionable youth of today one thing about god and religion, what would it be?"
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
Q: Is hate of a virtual being a waste of energy or can it be done in a climate neutral way?
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Grad student seeking atheist to interview brookelauren25 97 6489 February 21, 2022 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Interview an Atheist Rader052612 18 2698 December 2, 2016 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Interview with an Atheist Exian 11 4457 July 24, 2015 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  The Ken "JNE" Humphreys interview Cyberman 1 1221 August 4, 2014 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Had an interview this morning... Mr. Moncrieff 55 10144 March 7, 2014 at 2:17 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Carl Sagans Last interview warning Gooders1002 1 1506 December 31, 2013 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Belac Enrobso
  Jesus Never Existed: Ken Humphreys Interview Gooders1002 0 1685 April 30, 2013 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Interview with a 14 year old Atheist. TheHunterCook 5 2415 January 15, 2012 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Hitchens interview with Steve Kroft orogenicman 2 1851 December 23, 2011 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: orogenicman
  My Virginia Pilot Interview reverendjeremiah 8 2832 June 10, 2011 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah