Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 1, 2024, 6:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Childhood Stories?
Childhood Stories?
Pish, posh, said Hieronymus Bosch by Nancy Willard

The House That Jack Built by Gavin Bishop
RE: Childhood Stories?
The Mushroom Planet series, by Eleanor Cameron.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Where the Wild Things Are and The Giving Tree.
The bible.

Hahahahahahaha. I'm so clever. /s
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel silverstein.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
^That's a great one.
The Collected Children's Novels of Roald Dahl.

I was a big Shel Silverstein fan as well. No particular book. Just his writing in general. And the illustrations.

What was the book Free to be You and Me? Was that even stories...or maybe sex ed stuff? :p Anyhow, I remember the cover.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(January 18, 2014 at 11:06 pm)c172 Wrote: What was the book Free to be You and Me? Was that even stories...or maybe sex ed stuff? :p Anyhow, I remember the cover.

It's more a combination of stories and poems trying to get children to be more and more open about gender roles. I didn't read the book, but I've seen the TV special.

On that note: It's kind of odd to find that Hawkeye was actually playing against type for Alan Alda.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuyRi2yWWSQ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite Book From Childhood T0 Th3 M4X 16 2054 December 23, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Post your Favorite Short Stories vulcanlogician 42 7572 June 3, 2018 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  TV Series themes from our childhood abaris 116 7172 August 21, 2016 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Two-Sentence Horror Stories: Post your favorite emilynghiem 28 5471 February 20, 2015 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Strider
  12 New Harry Potter Stories for December 2014 ManMachine 0 633 December 18, 2014 at 9:19 am
Last Post: ManMachine
  Why it's hard to like stories written in first person BrokenQuill92 6 1966 March 27, 2014 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What Are Your Favorite Short Stories? Crossless2.0 11 1860 February 26, 2014 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  Scary Stories BrokenQuill92 0 1229 January 23, 2014 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Favorite Christmas Stories/Novels Shell B 10 4252 December 19, 2011 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Seeking stories for a book Captainteeth 2 1342 July 2, 2011 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Captainteeth