Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Example of the Invisible Hand of the Market
Another Example of the Invisible Hand of the Market
http://truth-out.org/news/item/21365-six...make-money

Quote:Six Drugs Whose Dangerous Risks Were Buried So Big Pharma Could Make Money

No wonder the corporate criminals are opposed to improved regulation.
RE: Another Example of the Invisible Hand of the Market
Well, I just can't understand why a corporation takes such a huge risk in both facing legal charges and the prospect of losing customers just to rush a medicine into the market.
Obviously greed blinds some people to the extent that they cannot make logical decisions.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
You answered your own question.
BUT REMEMBER DON'T SMOKE WEED OR YOU'LL DIE
I can't stress enough how sick I am of stuff like this. Yes, the pharmaceutical companies are out to earn money, but then again, research is expensive. However, I can't understand the American mindset of treating health care like business. What I gathered from the article, it isn't only about the companies releasing a drug before it has been thoroughly enough tested on human subjects, I say one huge piece of the problem lies within the doctors, who prescribe medicine without thought or because they get provision for it. Another piece of the puzzle is ignorant customers, who won't even bother to read through the information leaflet, that comes with the drug. I'm not defending the greed of the executives of the pharmacy companies, who got too greedy and others had to pay for it. I'm not defending the FDA agents, who were corrupt and didn't investigate thoroughly enough, or even worse, turned a blind eye to matters that should have been adressed. But I am defending those who have dedicated hours in the lab, coming up with new solutions, forming new, more selective molecules, to better human health. Not everyone involved in pharmaceuticals is out for the money, but for wanting a new, hopefully positively life-altering, drug to hit the shelves as soon as possible. People spit on "Big Pharma", but when sick will gladly swallow their cock medicine, or take their vaccine, or something that has been developed in their lab.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(January 21, 2014 at 9:17 pm)Minimalist Wrote: You answered your own question.

But I would have expected a company to know better, really. This outrage is probably amounts to nothing else to shoot oneself in the leg.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(January 21, 2014 at 9:56 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: Another piece of the puzzle is ignorant customers, who won't even bother to read through the information leaflet, that comes with the drug.

You and I both know the majority of customers can not understand or evaluate appropriately the nuances of drug interactions and side effects.

Most people, when ill, are not even aware they can ask their doctor for another solution.

You're blaming the victim, who nine times out of ten, lacks a combination of information, expertise, and trust.

Yet you blame them for panicking?

(January 21, 2014 at 9:56 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: I am defending those who have dedicated hours in the lab, coming up with new solutions, forming new, more selective molecules, to better human health. Not everyone involved in pharmaceuticals is out for the money, but for wanting a new, hopefully positively life-altering, drug to hit the shelves as soon as possible.

Irrelevant.

The corrupt executives and FDA officials are the ones selling your product and fucking over the vulnerable.

The harm is done.

Tell me, oh great defender, does the aerospace engineer at Raytheon need to "defend" his profession when the company execs sell the weapons he has designed to a tyrant who carpets an urban area of civilians with them?

Would he be justified to rail about the protestors, whom in his mind will suck Raytheon's cock if the nation is attacked?

Does it suddenly make it all better?

It's an irrelevant aside.

Harm has been done and the structure of Big Pharma allows yet another criminal crisis to occur.

(January 21, 2014 at 9:56 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: People spit on "Big Pharma", but when sick will gladly swallow their cock medicine, or take their vaccine, or something that has been developed in their lab.

People spit on "Private Military Contractors", but when desperate will gladly swallow their cocks...

What's a bunch of dead innocents when you're desperate?
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Quote:I say one huge piece of the problem lies within the doctors, who prescribe medicine without thought or because they get provision for it.

On, no. Kay. They think about it plenty. I'm not sure what you mean by "provision" so let's use a less ambiguous word. They are being bribed.

http://www.npr.org/2011/09/13/140438636/doctors-often-receive-payments-from-drug-companies

Quote:A Pro Publica investigation shows that many doctors are being paid by the same drug companies whose medicines they prescribe. By 2013, all doctors must report any payments from pharmaceutical companies to the federal government, and those records will be available to the public.

The level of corruption is actually far worse than you imagine.
You are completely missing my point. Every single patient with a sound mind is in the end responsible for what drugs (s)he takes or not, but to only blame this problem on the developer is a cop-out. With all the doctors, nurses, pharmacists or any other health care personnel, someone has a responsibility to go through with the patient about his/her medication. So, let's go through who's to blame here: Company executives for being greedy, FDA agents for not doing their job, doctors for not having the time or being too sloppy with adding new medication and not knowing the anamnesis, other health personnel for not giving the information the customer needs, the customer for not realizing his/her own responsibility. To immediately jump to the tinfoil hat conclusion that "Big Pharma" is plotting against all customers, is to deny the bigger picture and not seeing the problem for what it really is.

Quote:The corrupt executives and FDA officials are the ones selling your product and fucking over the vulnerable. --- Harm has been done and the structure of Big Pharma allows yet another criminal crisis to occur.

A drug cannot be sold without a buyer. And think again, if you concluded that I applaud shoddy testing and releasing new drugs on the market before their safety is guaranteed. I think it's widely known here what my stance on the matter of ripping desperate people off is. What I'm pointing out is that for the private person, it is within his/hers best interest to at least get as intimate knowledge as possible regarding the medication one takes. If it is too daunting a task to find out on one's own (e.g. can't find trustworthy sources), there is bound to be professionals who can help, and if not, something is more rotten than "Big Pharma". The ones who allow the "criminal crisis" to occur are in the end the public. To cry out for better and safer testing is most definitely not uncalled for, but to say that you as a private person have no blame in it is to outright lie.

Quote:What's a bunch of dead innocents when you're desperate?

Right, because pharmaceutical companies aren't at all concerned with PR and and it's so profitable to have a trail of corpses lead to your front door..
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(January 21, 2014 at 10:46 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The level of corruption is actually far worse than you imagine.

You don't know what I imagine in this instance, remember that I've been working in health care for six years now, I've seen it first hand.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Don't hand me this garbage, FIST BUMP! Brian37 22 1639 November 4, 2020 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why does it have to be government vs market? Aegon 15 3021 December 30, 2017 at 11:47 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  So This Is An Example Of What Democrats Are Supposed To Engage Minimalist 11 1726 November 9, 2017 at 12:46 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  They can have my c*ck when they pry it from my cold dead hand... Doubting Thomas 19 4238 March 14, 2017 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Trump - Leading the World by Example Zenith 2 512 March 7, 2017 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Is This An Example Of What Drumpf Means Minimalist 3 630 August 3, 2016 at 1:27 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Texas looks to follow UK's example T.J. 173 14236 June 28, 2016 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2349 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Are the Libertards Overplaying Their Hand? Minimalist 2 952 May 6, 2015 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  The Invisible Hand of the Market Has You By The Balls Minimalist 29 5695 March 17, 2015 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist