Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I got in trouble
So I got in trouble
My wife saw that I was laughing too hard at what I was writting, she asked what was so funny, and I told her I called stu a dbag for making a big deal about not specifying an American dialect, then he really proves my point and trodds off about tracing his family back to the 1600's in England.. Which almost killed me, but she did not find it funny at all.. Then I tried to explain how it was funny especially because he was openly doing... Well needless to say she didn't approve. Then she started to look at some of my other recent activity. Which made things worse.. She says I'm suppose to be a light in the darkness, a source of inspiration, someone you can go to and not feel like your going to be attacked... I said if you lie down with dogs... She did not let me finish, she said then use flea shampoo. With a serious look on her face.

So, I guess I'm supposed to say: I'm sorry for the mean stuff I have said in the past, and if you need a personal apology I will be happy to provide you with one detailing my wrong doing and I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me, and I won't call you names or tell you how stupid you are. that said I will make a stronger effort. Even though I am treating you exactly how I expect to be treated here. I'm not a feelings person nor one to stand on ceremony. I say what I mean, and mean what I say. I then try and have a little fun along the way. Apparently someone thinks her way is better..

I guess we will see what happens.
So If I called you a name and hurt your feelings at any point I am sorry. If you got your feelings hurt because our view points differ, then too bad Devil

Or rather maybe you'd be more comfortable discussing your view without me. I tend to purposely stay out of the religion section of the website so you all have a place you can discuss religious matters without my input.
RE: So I got in trouble
Quote: She says I'm suppose to be a light in the darkness,

Tell her not to worry.

You aren't.
(January 24, 2014 at 1:39 am)Drich Wrote: My wife saw that I was laughing too hard at what I was writting,

That makes two of us.
I can safely say that I have no memory of you ever offending me.
As fast as I'm concerned you can just keep doing what you've been doing.

But, since we're at it, you could turn down the whole a.s.k. thing... it's getting old and tiresome.
I find your beliefs and your insistent, intentional ignorance offensive, not your personality. I'm sure you'd be a great guy aside from your membership in the world's most virulent apocalypse cult.
ROFLOL

Oh Drich, this made me laugh. I do appreciate you around here, although I'd challenge you to pose some of your fringy sciensey theories to your wife once in awhile Wink

also, here you go. You're welcome Big Grin

[Image: mad-at-your-wife-meme.jpg]
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Personally, I find more potential offense in the idea that our forum is being characterized as a "darkness" for you to light. Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(January 24, 2014 at 5:01 am)Esquilax Wrote: Personally, I find more potential offense in the idea that our forum is being characterized as a "darkness" for you to light. Dodgy

LightIsNotGood
DarkIsNotEvil

Tropes transcend television. They reflect life.
(January 24, 2014 at 5:28 am)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: LightIsNotGood
DarkIsNotEvil

Tropes transcend television. They reflect life.

Point taken, though linking to tvtropes is almost an act of war, or at least time robbery. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
You're calling us a bunch of dogs in the darkness in your reality, yet expecting us to value an apology in virtuality? I also assume you don't see the duplicity involved. Dodgy

But beyond all that, it's an atheist forum. Everybody's a fucking douchebag. Don't act like you're special. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have you got some kind of Christian backgound? Dundee 25 3584 April 15, 2020 at 9:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Consecrated virgins: 'I got married to Christ' zebo-the-fat 11 2016 December 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  They Finally Got It Right....Because of a Bigot. Minimalist 9 3299 August 7, 2015 at 2:07 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Anyone got a comment for this..? dyresand 85 9173 March 30, 2015 at 12:18 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Who does an atheist lean on in times of trouble? strawdawg 76 13515 January 2, 2015 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Why has this guy got credence? lifesagift 5 1309 October 30, 2014 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Stupidity: Just got my bell RUNG! BlackSwordsman 2 1185 May 29, 2014 at 7:31 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Fuck Milk! Got Christ? Phatt Matt s 16 4003 April 5, 2014 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
  So.. I got my Miracle Water today. Mostlyoffensive 16 5791 February 6, 2014 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Let's See What The Xtians Have Got Minimalist 14 4457 November 20, 2013 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie