Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 3:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Scientology Religion
The Scientology Religion
It looks as if this religion is trying to become more mainstream, since they are doing superbowl commercials. Please share personal experiences and opinions on this religion. Smile
RE: The Scientology Religion
SCAM!!
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(February 3, 2014 at 2:44 pm)Popsicle Wrote: It looks as if this religion is trying to become more mainstream, since they are doing superbowl commercials. Please share personal experiences and opinions on this religion. Smile

I stood outside their London church and laughed for a while. I didn't know Scientology owned buses until that day. Then I met a taxi driver joked about Scientologists and went on the search for Sylvester Stallone. Somehow I ended up in some scary place under a bridge giving a homeless woman all my change. Twas a strange day.
No, it's worse than a scam. Scientology is fucking evil. And I don't use that world lightly. Satanism is another point of view. Drugs can fuck you up but who doesn't experiment. But the day one of my kids goes to a Scientology church is the day I lock them in the cellar and go burn the place to the ground.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(February 3, 2014 at 2:52 pm)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: No, it's worse than a scam. Scientology is fucking evil. And I don't use that world lightly. Satanism is another point of view. Drugs can fuck you up but who doesn't experiment. But the day one of my kids goes to a Scientology church is the day I lock them in the cellar and go burn the place to the ground.

How is it evil? I've always thought it's just another cult, but I don't think that qualifies as evil for you ... does it?
Its just a meet up place where people can cheat on their spouses!!
On the other hand, lots of christians carry a torture device on their necks. I see many reasons for them to try to go mainstream, religion is a sure way to quickly get money, power and previlege.
Quote:The Church of Scientology claims, based on its original study of cases and continuous affirmation from ongoing subjects, that a human is an immortal, spiritual being (termed thetan from the Greek word 'theta' meaning life force), that is in a physical body. The thetan has had innumerable past lives and it is observed in advanced Scientology texts that lives preceding the thetan's arrival on Earth lived in extraterrestrial cultures. Based on case studies at advanced levels, it is predicted that any Scientologists undergoing auditing will eventually come across and recount a common series of events.

Truth be told, it is no stupider than any of the others. Granted, they have set the bar pretty low.
(February 3, 2014 at 3:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:The Church of Scientology claims, based on its original study of cases and continuous affirmation from ongoing subjects, that a human is an immortal, spiritual being (termed thetan from the Greek word 'theta' meaning life force), that is in a physical body. The thetan has had innumerable past lives and it is observed in advanced Scientology texts that lives preceding the thetan's arrival on Earth lived in extraterrestrial cultures. Based on case studies at advanced levels, it is predicted that any Scientologists undergoing auditing will eventually come across and recount a common series of events.

Truth be told, it is no stupider than any of the others. Granted, they have set the bar pretty low.

Did u call me? U said truth be told. Or truthBtold? Stop playing booouy!!
(February 3, 2014 at 2:54 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: How is it evil? I've always thought it's just another cult, but I don't think that qualifies as evil for you ... does it?

I suggest looking for videos or articles by people that used to be in Scientology. There's a culture of intimidation, both physical and psychological, underlying their organization. On top of that, if you're part of their organization and start to question them, they will punish you by basically turning you into a slave. There's some extremely nasty things going on behind their doors.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Scientology sells anyone on its belief? Sweden83 19 1790 December 25, 2020 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  Christianity is the same as Scientology Alex K 37 5675 April 9, 2017 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10792 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4922 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19870 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief Mudhammam 66 8409 April 22, 2015 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 49462 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5192 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused