Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you see this movie?
Would you see this movie?
This was a for fun thread I did on 12-21-12 a few years ago. The date is not important, just the plot line.

Just about everyone knows that this is the date the Mayans say that the end of the world is to take place. Or so says Hollywood. In actuality this is the date that the Mayan creator/destroyer god is scheduled to return. According to a recent documentary on the history channel. They said that this God lived in a city in the sky with an army of metal birds. they also have a documentary showing casing different artifacts including models of these "metal birds" or rather solid Gold representations Planes or "sky Ships" of some kind. Not to mention they had a very accurate map of all of the coast lines in the Atlantic Ocean (Including the land mass that is now covered by Ice in the Antarctica.)

Now from a Christian perspective it is very easy to identify these "sky gods" as being false gods.. But what if...

What if they came bearing proof that they were the ones who Planted Adam and Eve on this planet or this "eden." Or, saved Noah and His family, or Gave Samson his strength, or Gave Solomon his wisdom, or Gave power and prophesy to the prophets or Yes, Even Gave Marry Her Baby?!?!?!

What if They had Some sort of video "proof?" What if they still had the actual "Man" who was called the Christ? What if we all got to put our hand in his side or touched where the nails went through? What if He could answer all of the questions that Atheists, Scientists, or even the most devoutly religious had? Again what if He had not only undeniable "video" proof (Or better yet bring people back to witness for themselves) of all of this??

what if everything he said really checked out? What if He had truthfully undeniable proof of who he was? Again, what if ABSOLUTLY everything checked out except one or two biblical inconsistencies? What if He explained these inconsistencies as "errors" that was introduced into the cannon of scripture by man, either by hook or by crook?

what if He had the original letters or the original books hand written by the apostles themselves that showed that "Christianity" was indeed corrupted by subsequent generations? that His "sacrifice" was not to set Christianity apart, but to unite all beliefs under one god? Again if this "man" has the absolute proof what is there to contest his claims?

What if he could unite the world in peace? now what if He wanted us to take a token, or wanted to identify ourselves to segregate ourselves (believers of the true or revealed Christ) From those of us who could not let go the "old" understanding of God? Where would you stand where would your faith be if this Man, this "Christ" had all the answers to satisfy one's intellectual needs and spiritual needs? How could one argue if one's system of value is based on the absolute infallibility of evidence and the logic derived from said evidence? Where would you be if this Christ could full fill all of your Spiritual needs?

If you are not aware already The Christ I was describing was a sci fi interpretation of the Anti Christ. One based in biblical truth. He will be all this world needs, He will be the answer to every question. He has to be if He is going to unite us under one world religion and fool us into taking his mark even after so many of us are diligently looking for it.

The only defense for us is to not be spiritually needy or hungry. this can only be done with a solid relationship with the holy Spirit. If your's is not as strong as you know it could be then simply Ask, Seek and knock as Luke 11:5-13 tells us. We Ask in prayer, we seek in the bible, church and places like this, we knock by repeating this process till we get what we want.

12/21/2012 will come and go and no matter what may or may not happen. the real question is will you be ready to defend your faith from yourself, and how you have been taught to process and accept our media based life styles? we in Christianity think we are often times exempt from foolishness of the world only to be caught off guard or lulled to sleep by our own popular interpretations of scripture.
RE: Would you see this movie?
Not likely.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Sounds like the most boring fucking movie ever.
How about.... back to the future, part 4... going 2000 years back, hanging out with J.C... then 4000 years further back and get 1.21Gwatts from the energy of the waters parted by Moses?
I would only watch that if Charlie Kaufman wrote the script and David Lynch directed it. Maybe.
No, I don't think so. I prefer to get my Christian apologetics online. Can't imagine plonking down 14.50 for the priv.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
What movie?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
12/21/12?

Do you know what's funny about petrified shit?

It's still shit.
I thought this was the Off Topic section?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 4, 2014 at 3:34 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I thought this was the Off Topic section?

Drich thought it read 'Off Rocker'.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Last Movie You Watched Foxaèr 5432 475682 9 hours ago
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Would you still cook if you diddn't have to? Angrboda 41 2170 October 30, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3704 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 774 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 568 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 455 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 471 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  See Uranus and moon in binoculars, March 6, 2022 Jehanne 3 463 February 28, 2022 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1599 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Where would you go if you could? Brian37 24 2020 August 18, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir