Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy Republicunts
Crazy Republicunts
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/09...56385.html

Quote:BANGOR, Maine -- U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas on Saturday won an unofficial straw poll to be the 2016 GOP presidential nominee at the Penobscot County Republican caucus at Husson University.

Quote:Cruz led the field with an aggregate 107 points followed by U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky with 31 points, U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota with 28 points, U.S. Sen. Mike Lee Utah with 18 points and Gov. Paul LePage with 15 points.

"Obviously this is not a scientific official poll," Berardelli, who represents Penobscot County on the state GOP committee, said in a press release. "It was strictly for fun, but it gives a good snapshot-in-time of the thinking from across the ideological spectrum,

Yeah...it sure delivers the latter!
RE: Crazy Republicunts
Lol, Ted Cruz makes Mitt Romney look like a liberal.
2014 is still a bit early to be picking the primaries. I mean, back in 2010, everyone thought Rick Perry or Michelle Bachmann would win the GOP ticket and they were two of the earliest departures.

My personal opinion, though, if the election were today, Ted Cruz would poll well with the Republican base, but when you get to the movers and shakers of the party who actually understand how politics work, they'll nix him so fast the whole damn party will get whiplash. A much safer candidate would probably be Marco Rubio; they lost the last election largely because of the hispanic vote and Rubio would help them with that vote.

Still, Ted Cruz stands a chance of getting the nomination; the GOP has done crazier things lately. If he wins, though, the whole damn party will suffer for it. Do they even realize how much they're scaring away moderates? Or do they realize how important moderates are to senate or presidential elections?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(February 10, 2014 at 12:20 pm)TaraJo Wrote: 2014 is still a bit early to be picking the primaries.
Yes, but with the advent of a 24/7 news cycle (multiplied by dozens, if not thousands, of news channels/sites) you can start vetting candidates as soon as the previous election is over. I wonder if these early polls are a way of propping up 'phantom' candidates who are there specifically so that they can draw media fire and protect whoever the actual candidates will be.

Mind you, pulling an unknown candidate out of your hat doesn't always work. Just ask John McCain.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(February 9, 2014 at 9:31 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/09...56385.html

Quote:BANGOR, Maine -- U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas on Saturday won an unofficial straw poll to be the 2016 GOP presidential nominee at the Penobscot County Republican caucus at Husson University.

Quote:Cruz led the field with an aggregate 107 points followed by U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky with 31 points, U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota with 28 points, U.S. Sen. Mike Lee Utah with 18 points and Gov. Paul LePage with 15 points.

"Obviously this is not a scientific official poll," Berardelli, who represents Penobscot County on the state GOP committee, said in a press release. "It was strictly for fun, but it gives a good snapshot-in-time of the thinking from across the ideological spectrum,

Yeah...it sure delivers the latter!

Thinking? What thinking?
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
(February 10, 2014 at 12:51 pm)Tonus Wrote: Mind you, pulling an unknown candidate out of your hat doesn't always work. Just ask John McCain.

I think his choosing Palin as his running mate was when the Republican party went from being kinda stupid to batshit crazy. Thing was, he had to pick a fundamentalist Christian to be his running mate just to keep that wing of the party happy. He also had to pick a woman to try to lure former Hillary supporters into voting for him (and having heard talk from some women/feminists, I can certainly see why he thought that would work). Since he needed a fundamentalist, Republican woman, it really slimmed his choices down.

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
I think the Republicans will lose seats. Their base is shrinking, but they're still playing to it instead of broadening their appeal.
(February 10, 2014 at 12:59 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: I think the Republicans will lose seats. Their base is shrinking, but they're still playing to it instead of broadening their appeal.

In the senate? Yeah, they'll probably lose seats there. The house is a different story. House districts are so gerrimandered that the only way to lose your seat there is in the primaries where you lose from not being extreme enough. If Washington would ever do something to eliminate gerrimandering, we could probably do away with a lot of the extremism that's become such a big problem in our nation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So....why are crazy leaders always have a funny hair or facial hair? WinterHold 23 3276 July 31, 2019 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Drich
  Damned Republicunts Minimalist 1793 279061 March 27, 2019 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How Crazy Is Arizona? Minimalist 19 1783 November 13, 2018 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Are There Any Republicunts Who Aren't Crooks? Minimalist 19 1878 October 25, 2018 at 6:39 pm
  What Do Republicunts Talk About Behind Closed Doors? Minimalist 3 521 August 9, 2018 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Fucking Republicunts Won The Special Election Out Here Minimalist 3 786 April 25, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  This is Why Republicunts Have To Go Minimalist 29 5664 April 22, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Republicunts Go Off The Deep End Minimalist 5 1347 March 24, 2018 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  SCOTUS Invites Republicunts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 11 2184 February 6, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The WLB sinks the Republicunts in Virginia Minimalist 12 1936 November 8, 2017 at 2:19 pm