Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:11 am

Poll: Do you think everyone will be an atheist by the 22th century ?
This poll is closed.
yes
17.65%
3 17.65%
nope, more time is needed
82.35%
14 82.35%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think will happen, if all humans became atheists ?
What do you think will happen, if all humans became atheists ?
I think people will put stuff about religion in the history books and talk about how dumb people were in the past Big Grin

The major changes(in my opinion) would be :
1.The governments will increase their fundings on researches and scientific experiments , and thus science will advance very quickly .
2.Space travel for anyone .
3.no more wars .

What do you think will be the major changes ?
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
RE: What do you think will happen, if all humans became atheists ?
Wars will still exist as long as greedy psychopaths are in power.
Wars are an extension of hubris.

Religion had little to do with it aside from being an amplifier.
[Image: atheist_zpsbed2d91b.png]
I know , but how many soldiers go to war thinking that they are doing something that pleases Jesus and he will save him ? and the same with the muslims that usually start the fights by their acts of terrorism, thinking that by doing so they will get them 72 virings .

Take religion out of the equation ,and the chances that humans(the main tool for war) will co-operate with those greedy leaders are very low .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Fuck. I talk about how dumb they are now.
I don't think it would change very much. Human nature stays the same with or without religion; there will always be bad people. Religious persecution would disappear, but war wouldn't. Religion is just an excuse, and a useful recruiting tool. For example, most U.S. soldiers go to war "to fight for freedom", not "to fight for God".
Most US soldiers go to war because they needed a job and the military makes a lot of promises.
Science would probably accelerate in development and progression. War would still be a thing but at least one of its worst and most prevalent excuses would cease to exist. We humans sure do love our, uh...competitions.
I found the answer for you.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_God_Go

In the year 2546, the entire world is atheistic and dedicated to rationality and science. Atheism is divided into several denominations. These factions are at war with each other over who has the right answer to the Great Question.
(February 23, 2014 at 1:20 am)Minimalist Wrote: Most US soldiers go to war because they needed a job and the military makes a lot of promises.

Can't speak for anyone else, but my motivation for military service was employment and opportunity first, and sense of duty second. (For what it's worth, if I knew then what I know now, I would have made different choices.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 5406 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Do you think God is authoritarian? ShinyCrystals 65 3091 December 9, 2023 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Atheists, if all Southern Americans are backwards? BillieBobbie 44 3889 April 1, 2023 at 4:25 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  What do atheists think of pagans and wiccans Woah0 56 3872 September 18, 2022 at 5:32 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 988 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  What do you think of LGBTQ2? SlimePumper 58 7040 February 18, 2019 at 5:19 am
Last Post: Agnostico
  Who do you think is best atheist of our times? GGG 70 7339 January 22, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: GGG
  Are humans half aliens? Human DNA question Signa92 14 1952 December 30, 2018 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11367 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Yeah, not going to happen!! Mystic 29 4764 October 18, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb