Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kid accidentally packs beer in lunchbox, tells teacher, gets punished anyway
Kid accidentally packs beer in lunchbox, tells teacher, gets punished anyway
This is fucking ridiculous.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section...id=9445255

Quote:When he realized his mistake at school, Chaz gave the unopened beer to his teacher. But that teacher then reported it to the principal at Livingston High School, who suspended the boy for three days and then sent him to an alternative school for two months.

Sent to an alternative school? Even if the kid intended on drinking it, which he obviously didn't seen as he told the teacher himself, he shouldn't be sent to an alternative school! WTF!
RE: Kid accidentally packs beer in lunchbox, tells teacher, gets punished anyway
Its fucking stupid.. I saw a similar one where a guy drove his dads car to college and the car had his dads fishing knife in it. He got kicked out of his college..

Its just like they have no interest in if the rules were being broken maliciously or not. Just completely lacks empathy.
RE: Kid accidentally packs beer in lunchbox, tells teacher, gets punished anyway
It's always good to teach a young person that doing the right thing might get you in trouble anyways.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(February 26, 2014 at 5:14 pm)Insanity Wrote: Its just like they have no interest in if the rules were being broken maliciously or not. Just completely lacks empathy.
That is exactly what it is. CYA. From the link:
Quote:Livingston Independent School District wouldn't talk to Eyewitness News on camera but in a statement said, "The principal of Livingston High School followed appropriate LISD administrative procedures and protocol. LISD encourages any parent who is in disagreement with an administrative decision to seek relief through the appellate process as provided through Livingston ISD policies. Livingston ISD policies may be accessed through the Livingston ISD Homepage."
"Can't sue us for following the law to the letter!"
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Schools have been making ridiculous decisions lately...
[Image: atheist_zpsbed2d91b.png]
(February 26, 2014 at 5:27 pm)Mr. Moncrieff Wrote: Schools have been making ridiculous decisions lately...

Oh, really? Angel Cloud

As for the student, I'll bet he won't make the mistake of behaving with honesty and integrity toward an authority figure for some time to come. Lesson learned. Well played, school officials! Give yourselves a fucking raise, geniuses!
(February 26, 2014 at 5:27 pm)Mr. Moncrieff Wrote: Schools have been making ridiculous decisions lately...

Did you have your enclave yet, Mr. Moncrieff? I know you said Wednesday?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(February 26, 2014 at 5:41 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:

Did you have your enclave yet, Mr. Moncrieff? I know you said Wednesday?

Oh, yes.

See my new thread. The transcript is on the second page I believe.
I knew a kid in middle school that got suspended for bringing a tiny plastic toy soldier gun to school. I'm totally serious.
(February 26, 2014 at 5:46 pm)futilethewinds Wrote: I knew a kid in middle school that got suspended for bring a tiny plastic toy soldier gun to school. I'm totally serious.

Spit Coffee

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Hobbies Did You Have As A Kid? BrianSoddingBoru4 51 2156 November 11, 2021 at 7:45 am
Last Post: brewer
  Non-Alcoholic Beer Foxaèr 48 2343 June 13, 2021 at 5:30 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What job(s) did you have as a kid? arewethereyet 25 2082 April 25, 2021 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Sal
  Which console zo buy a 12-year-old kid? franzis 20 2388 February 23, 2020 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  My kid received this while Trick or Treating.... Figbash 33 2176 November 5, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  [Serious] The American beer thread Jackalope 10 867 September 30, 2019 at 9:39 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Do you and yours wear thermal under clothes when the weather gets cold? Duty 46 3085 November 15, 2018 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Duty
  Happy Teacher Appreciation Day! (2018!) Cecelia 8 941 May 9, 2018 at 12:30 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Curious how one gets the "jerkoff" emoticon next to one's name Foxaèr 29 5111 April 17, 2018 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  This kid is exceptional purplepurpose 0 278 February 19, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose