Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the best way to shut up a theist?
Question 
What's the best way to shut up a theist?
Hi Zid new user.
I have one question what's the best way of shut up a theist, there's this woman who has been visiting a website that I have and constantly leaves religious messages. Now at first I responded what she wrote me (she quotes a verse of John from the Bible, and then told me that I should be grateful that Jesus sacrifices for me). But the she left message after message and every time I say something (not meant to her pretty much everything)she says something about religion back(I ain't kidding you can check if you want). So what should you recommend it?(personally I ain't gonna let her make me her own conversion experiment) Refute any idea until she gets tired? Go to her web page and leave her messages?(she has friends of her who visit her webpage that's why I haven't done it) Stop refuting her and tell her to …. up (well you know the idea) I don't know what would be the correct approach against what she said.

Ironically I told her that she's gonna quit this conversation with a certain sense of disappointment because I’m not gonna change my mind, y[/font]ou know like pretty much all theist does.(I wouldn't have told her that, I think that's was what made her to keep going)
RE: What's the best way to shut up a theist?
Be an asshole to them, because that always works... Wink

Obviously I'm kidding, but seriously, why do you want to shut people up? Isn't the more noble thing to have an open mind and dialogue?
.357 magnum?
(March 21, 2014 at 12:31 am)Minimalist Wrote: .357 magnum?

That would be more than enough.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
Quote:But the she left message after message and every time I say something

Around here the staff bans spammers pretty fast.
Put the priest's dick back in his mouth?
[Image: 11321_o.gif]
I get irritated some days and bait the hell out of them at times, but I'm with MFM on this one.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
Is there any way of blocking her? If your website is owned by a web hosting company there will probably be a help section and maybe a forum where people can ask for advice.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(March 20, 2014 at 11:34 pm)Zid Wrote: Hi Zid new user.
I have one question what's the best way of shut up a theist, there's this woman who has been visiting a website that I have and constantly leaves religious messages. Now at first I responded what she wrote me (she quotes a verse of John from the Bible, and then told me that I should be grateful that Jesus sacrifices for me). But the she left message after message and every time I say something (not meant to her pretty much everything)she says something about religion back(I ain't kidding you can check if you want). So what should you recommend it?(personally I ain't gonna let her make me her own conversion experiment) Refute any idea until she gets tired? Go to her web page and leave her messages?(she has friends of her who visit her webpage that's why I haven't done it) Stop refuting her and tell her to …. up (well you know the idea) I don't know what would be the correct approach against what she said.

Ironically I told her that she's gonna quit this conversation with a certain sense of disappointment because I’m not gonna change my mind, y[/font]ou know like pretty much all theist does.(I wouldn't have told her that, I think that's was what made her to keep going)

simple, just tell her to stfu. problem solved! Cool Shades
xR34P3Rx
it isn't in our nature to think of a God, it is in our nature to seek answers and the concept of God is most influenced in this world.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 710 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Theist with Questions RBP3280 57 2590 April 1, 2022 at 6:14 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Dating / Married To Theist wolf39us 23 2793 April 8, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  You're a theist against immigration? Foxaèr 54 9131 July 9, 2018 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A serious question for the theist. Foxaèr 18 2981 May 9, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Stupid theist tricks........ Brian37 6 1853 April 29, 2018 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  If there are no gods, doesn't making one's self a god make one a theist? Foxaèr 13 3595 May 26, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Atheists, what are the most convincing theist arguments you heard of? SuperSentient 169 22144 April 1, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Theist Posters: Why do you believe your God exists? SuperSentient 65 14328 March 15, 2017 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  [1 second conversion] Convert theist to atheist, in 1 second ProgrammingGodJordan 252 23023 February 17, 2017 at 1:10 am
Last Post: maestroanth