Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did jeebus tell the bible belt to come up with giving daughters balls??
Give your daughter balls in exchange for her virginity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...erica.html
[Image: article-2586036-1C77CF1400000578-995_638x355.jpg]
'You are married to the Lord and your daddy is your boyfriend': Purity balls, in which girls 'gift their virginity' to their fathers until marriage, sweeping America

Purity balls now take place in 48 states in the US, and in 17 countries
Daughters promise to remain pure and give virginity to fathers to 'protect'
Girls given a ring as well as having wedding style 'first dance' with fathers

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...z2wdthOGnV
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I know that the bible is pretty misogynistic, but wouldn't this require a extra heaping helping of jesus spirit to come up with this?

Do the theists here support this? Can they back the fathers' obsession with the sexual inexperience of their daughters scripturally?

Personally, I think this kind of thing puts mind warping pressure on girls to value their self worth over their ability to resist their innate drives.

I detest this shit for what it does to girl's minds.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: Did jeebus tell the bible belt to come up with giving daughters balls??
Leads to this...........

I would start looking for divorce papers that's just skin crawler creepy.
Seems about right. Maybe my sample size isn't large enough, but knowing the number of women who grew up in Christian households being raped by their dad or brother from their early teen years, hey, they've gotta legitimize it somehow, right!
This is so fucking sick and disturbing, I don't even know where to begin.
In the Biblical days fathers would get a piece of cloth and insert it into their daughter's vagina and pull it out bloody to show that she was a virgin before marriage. This just seems to be a variation of that ancient practice.
(March 22, 2014 at 4:15 am)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: In the Biblical days fathers would get a piece of cloth and insert it into their daughter's vagina and pull it out bloody to show that she was a virgin before marriage. This just seems to be a variation of that ancient practice.

They were sick and disturbed back then too, apparently.
(March 21, 2014 at 7:23 pm)Brakeman Wrote: Personally, I think this kind of thing puts mind warping pressure on girls to value their self worth over their ability to resist their innate drives.

I detest this shit for what it does to girl's minds.

What it does - is it creates a paradox that religious girls often have to overcome their entire lives. The idea that 'I should ignore my vagina because it's dirty and bad' conflicts with the idea that 'my god-given role is a subservient baby-maker.' The neurotic outcome is compounded when one realizes that the GREATEST natural urge in the entire world is to be attracted to and mate with the opposite sex.

Brakeman, you would think that more people would detest this practice, but these christians have creepy brainwashing disguised as purity and chastity. Sadly, even some of the non-believers are duped by this practice because they fear things like teen pregnancy and STDs instead of just raising their little girls with proper discipline and good direction.

Regardless, the result of primitive minds left unchecked is the same: Fear and loathing - and the Christians are outdone only by the Muslims.

..oh and never forget my last theory: dudes wearing tunics and sandals are insecure about their tiny penises.
[Image: Evolution.png]

I heard about this trend on Facebook. I swear I didn't know it was happening down here. This shit creeps me the fuck out. It's so incesty and repressive and WRONG.
My children are in their 20s. Don't get me wrong; they were and still are good kids. Anyone that has raised teenagers understands that teens will exclaim almost anything if they think parents want to hear it. What teens don't realize is that parents are equally adept at quickly assessing the level of sincerity of any given promise.

I wish we could study these promise impregnated balls. I would be interested to know how many actually make it to marriage. No sex before marriage; such a silly virtue.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1325 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44143 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Did Moses really write the first few books of the bible? T.J. 30 2158 November 19, 2021 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  What do invented saints tell us about Christianity? Fake Messiah 132 11825 November 22, 2019 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  How much of my personal experience should I tell the world? Der/die AtheistIn 10 1414 January 18, 2019 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Tell Me Again How Your Bullshit Is Spreading in Africa, Xtians! Minimalist 9 1372 July 21, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Should I tell my parents I faked being christian? Der/die AtheistIn 26 5689 January 15, 2018 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3551 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  The joys of living in the bible belt mlmooney89 38 8007 August 8, 2017 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2680 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus