Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You know what really grinds my gears?
Thumbs Down 
You know what really grinds my gears?
When people try to combine science and religion by saying shit like "maybe gawd created evolution duhrr".

The idea of evolution is that life automatically adapts over time to fit the ever-changing environment. There's NO outside force or catalyst required to initiate the process; it's ALL nature. Stop trying to combine two theories, or rather, a theory and a hypothesis, that are completely incompatible. Ours wins, end of story.

I also hate when people recover from horrible injuries or diseases and say something like "hooray gawd saved me duhrr"

No, those hard-working doctors and nurses and surgeons saved you, you asshole. You're not going to thank them at all? You're just gonna say God did it? Fucking asshole.

Okay, now I'm done venting.
RE: You know what really grinds my gears?
Like I said before, everything that's good, "Glory to jesus", and everything bad, "satan is such a bad guy, can't believe he puts me through all this". It's equivalent to me saying, "the tooth fairy blessed me so much today" or "the damn bug made me throw the knife in anger".
(March 23, 2014 at 3:05 pm)Ninja Kai Wrote: When people try to combine science and religion by saying shit like "maybe gawd created evolution duhrr".

The idea of evolution is that life automatically adapts over time to fit the ever-changing environment. There's NO outside force or catalyst required to initiate the process; it's ALL nature. Stop trying to combine two theories, or rather, a theory and a hypothesis, that are completely incompatible. Ours wins, end of story.

I also hate when people recover from horrible injuries or diseases and say something like "hooray gawd saved me duhrr"

No, those hard-working doctors and nurses and surgeons saved you, you asshole. You're not going to thank them at all? You're just gonna say God did it? Fucking asshole.

Okay, now I'm done venting.

Agreed entirely.

I've personally seen a family give an interview and thank "god" for the saving of their son's life but didn't mention the doctors, nurses, surgeons or any of the others who worked for hours on him (and revived him) during surgery.

Welcome, BTW.
Dying to live, living to die.
Christians never thank the real people doing the work. According to them, it's god guiding their hands and minds, not the years of study and practice.

And also... Welcome! I apologize for not noticing this was your first post. Enjoy it here. Smile
I don't care if they want to do that. at least they're accepting science. Shouldn't mock people for accepting science as a believer.
What pisses me off is when people mix quantum mechanics, string theory, multiverse with fucking religion. Stop vandalizing physics you twats.
What really makes me upset is this grinds my gears thing. I wish that meme would die.
(March 23, 2014 at 8:06 pm)ElectricAnxiety Wrote: I don't care if they want to do that. at least they're accepting science. Shouldn't mock people for accepting science as a believer.

But they're not though are they? They're still not bothered enough to actually fully employ critical thinking to its maximum potential. They're 'accepting science' in a real half assed kinda way. That deserves mockery.
When people accomplish something and give credit to gawd...
[Image: thfrog.gif]

Now don't get mad with me, but I hate it when people call child birth a miracle, like it happens all over the world every day by just about every animal.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theists - I want to know what you think LadyForCamus 77 10236 May 14, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How You Know This Shit Was Written By Men! Minimalist 48 11061 January 4, 2017 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I know what you did last summer. Czechlervitz30 6 1805 August 9, 2016 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Did you know god is a lair so is jesus dyresand 18 4464 July 10, 2015 at 3:21 am
Last Post: robvalue
  you know i made a really good observation dyresand 88 10845 November 5, 2014 at 4:58 am
Last Post: Nintentacle
  Theists i know what scares you. dyresand 31 5166 November 5, 2014 at 4:51 am
Last Post: Nintentacle
  Oh jesus you naughty boy. You know what I like baby. Zidneya 32 9420 September 17, 2014 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Zidneya
  I bet you don't know this one LogicOrDie 99 21121 July 1, 2014 at 4:28 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Better The Devil You Know Zidneya 9 3422 May 13, 2014 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Who do you really trust? Gooders1002 26 6598 February 26, 2014 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002