Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
you know i made a really good observation
you know i made a really good observation
Many Christians and theists will disagree but ill say it anyways.
you need Atheists and agnostics and people in general who have no faith or belief in a god. This is saying a lot, could you imagine how the modern world would look like just imagine that there was no such thing as atheists and agnostics the US during ww2 since you claimed its an christian country would have helped Hitler. Why we didn't do it because we are secular we know that what hitler is doing is wrong but biblically its alright and justified.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: you know i made a really good observation
Wait... what??
You think that america would have given germany a hand in WW2 if it were a "christian nation"? Idk, I think that whatever percentage of the 1mill plus dead and wounded that were christian (very probably the vast majority of them) would be a fairly obvious sign that we might be off on the wrong foot with this one.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 1, 2014 at 9:10 pm)Rhythm Wrote: You think that america would have given germany a hand in WW2 if it were a "christian nation"? Idk, I think that whatever percentage of the 1mill plus dead and wounded that were christian (very probably the vast majority of them) would be a fairly obvious sign that we might be off on the wrong foot with this one.

as many religious nutcases we have in america saying we should kill x people because they are not normal or x people because they are not x skin color. and well its still and issue.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Yeah, but being people, even those groups whose ideologies would seem to be compatible often find themselves slitting the other guys throat for some other, unrelated reason. I'm not giving christianity a pass on the whole bit (after all, it was radicalzided anti-semitic christians who made up the majority of the Nazi party at every level and there were, from beginning to end, those authorities and officials of both catholic and protestant populations who openly and vocally supported the party - along with their relative flocks). I'm simply expressing doubt that "Christian America" would have reacted differently to Hitler than "Christians-in-America". Hell, even german christians got sick of the nazis over time (and rightly so, the oppressors found themselves, eventually, to be among the oppressed).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Um.... Hitler declared war on us.
Suggestion:

Don't say "I made a really good observation." Say "I made an observation," and then let other people tell you whether it's good or not.

(For example: I didn't start this post with "Really Good Suggestion:")
The best observation about America at any time would have been the "non olet" philosophy. Money doesn't stink, as long as someone's making a profit. There were a number of American companies doing business with Nazi Germany well into the war.

General Motors for example was the mother company of the German brand "Opel", which in turn provided the standard truck for the German army. There was of course Ford, operating out of Cologne. IBM of course provided punch card systems, making the job easier for the administrators of the Holocaust. And there was the CocaCola company, which arguably didn't do much for the war effort. But the first cable the German management sent to the mother company after the war was over, read "send accountant".

Apart from fertilising the fields for anti semitism over the centuries, Christianity actually didn't play that large a role in the decisions made by the Nazi leaders. They considered themselves deists, not Theists. Hitler stayed in the Catholic church, but in private he talked about his plans to dismantle the churches for good after the war was won. Himmler wanted to establish a whole new religion for his SS. They were required to call themselves "gottgläubig", which roughly translates into deist. And of course, he found his way to religious persecution, which he then claimed happened in the US today. Well, religious people have been persecuted in Nazi Germany. Not for their religion, but for standing up against Hitler's regime. Being part of a certain believe - apart from the jews of course - didn't earn you persecution. Some religious people, pastors and priests included, found it in their heart to stand up and their interpretation of their believes has played a role. But emphasis on some. But communists also stood up against the regime and their believe system played a role in that too.

The role of religion in Nazi Germany is a very complicated issue. You could write books about it, in fact there have been many books written about it. What I notice is, that the American media tends to simplify the matter. Liberal media outlets tend to say, they were all christians and I've heard the argument made often times that the standard belt buckle of the German army read "Gott mit uns" (god with us). Well, that's true, but it had a very long tradition dating back to the 19th century. The SS belt buckle for example read "Meine Ehre heißt Treue" (my honor is loyalty), which eerily resembles "semper fi". So, going by belt buckle alone, can I make the argument, that American Marines uphold the same tradition of mindless obedience?

The conservative media on the other hand and many conservative politicians talk about the Nazis being atheists, which is equally untrue. I've just watched a clip where Rick Santorum pulled another Nazi comparism out of his ass. Of course, again garnered with the loss of religious believes in Germany - untrue - over 90 percent of Germans indentified themselves as Christians at the time.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 1, 2014 at 8:56 pm)dyresand Wrote: Many Christians and theists will disagree but ill say it anyways.
you need Atheists and agnostics and people in general who have no faith or belief in a god. This is saying a lot, could you imagine how the modern world would look like just imagine that there was no such thing as atheists and agnostics the US during ww2 since you claimed its an christian country would have helped Hitler. Why we didn't do it because we are secular we know that what hitler is doing is wrong but biblically its alright and justified.

There was an "atheist" country during world war two, the Soviet Union. Also, in case you didn't know, Stalin's body count was much higher than Hitler's.
Quote:Stalin's body count was much higher than Hitler's.

Particularly of Germans.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Jesus story has details that is most definitely made up i just realized!!! android17ak47 126 9043 October 12, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Theists - I want to know what you think LadyForCamus 77 10203 May 14, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  My mom made me confused Der/die AtheistIn 15 2562 November 19, 2017 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Worst Christian Video EVER Made Foxaèr 8 1508 October 2, 2017 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Way to go USA. We made the ICC hall of shame list brewer 12 3006 February 8, 2017 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  How You Know This Shit Was Written By Men! Minimalist 48 11051 January 4, 2017 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I know what you did last summer. Czechlervitz30 6 1796 August 9, 2016 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The pope made of condoms: Spooky 8 2708 September 28, 2015 at 4:20 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  This made my day - check it out. ignoramus 10 2242 September 18, 2015 at 5:05 am
Last Post: Losty
  Did you know god is a lair so is jesus dyresand 18 4453 July 10, 2015 at 3:21 am
Last Post: robvalue