Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feel sorry for satan
Feel sorry for satan
Anyway I talked to a VERY serious christian long ago and he told me this.

First there was god.
He is completely omniscient(knows the future).
He made heaven, earth, lucifer and angels.
He knew lucifer would rebel.
He made hell for angels who rebel.
Hell is eternal fire torture(he didn't design it for humans though or so he's saying).
Adam eats the apple so god kicks humans out to earth.
God lets satan fuck with humans(fool them) for a while because he got some cool plan.
Jesus comes back at some point in future(he doesn't know when so they can delay it forever).
Christians who die on earth go to heaven.
Non christians who die go to hell.
Then when time is up satan and his buddies also go to hell forever and christians are staying in heaven forever.
However when I asked details about satan he said that satan hates god more then anyone else in the universe. And is suffering all the time because of hate and because he constantly fails in battle against god(god is one step ahead all the time because of omniscience + omnipotence).
So satan is constantly suffering.

Do you think it's kind of cruel to create satan knowing satan will hate and suffer for thousands of years just so god can throw him into late of fire to burn forever with non christians? Sounds kinda brutal.
RE: Feel sorry for satan
Talk about a scapegoat. Ha Satan was a title, not a particular person. Satan as a person came into being in the new testament to take some blame away from Yahweh, to have something else be the source of evil.

I mean, who wouldn't want to fight a person that Yahweh is described as in the old testament, and even into the new testament?

I mean take the Eden story, where some people believe the snake was Satan, instead of an actual snake. The snake only tells Eve that she won't die if she eats the fruit. In one version, there's a sword put down to guard the Life Tree, because if they ate from the tree they would live forever. Meaning that's the only reason they died. Not because they ate from the Knowledge Tree. Of course not everyone takes the story literally. Knowledge of good and evil seems like a great thing, except it makes people harder to control.

An eternity of ignorance and obedience, or a limited life or independence and enlightenment? Who's the real evil here? I'm not really sure why a story like this was meant to show how much better Yahweh is, and how bad Satan is, but I suppose views change over time. To a modern audience, Satan of the bible seems like a noble martyr, fighting against a horrible evil.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The guy I was talking to was die hard christian.
He thought the snake was lucifer. Lucifer wanted to become god on his own because he got jealous that god gets all the attention.
What I find interesting is that in his interpretation god is very very merciful yet he created hell all by himself as a torture chamber.
And when people don't become christians in this life god gets very very sad because they are walking by their own choice into torture chamber which they can't leave. However he created hell and made rules for for avoiding it and now can't change the rules after he established em(so he limited his own movement).

Another interesting thing is that god can annihilate lucifer anytime he wants yet he lets him fuck with people(who are burning in hell while satan doesn't yet).
Just so he can throw him and bunch of other angels into hell to burn forever.

And when god launched this plan he knew everything that will happen.
Not to mention that lucifer is suffering almost more as anyone of humans(because of hate and fail).

AND if god would not create lucifer adam would not eat apple, people would not go to hell. Nobody would need to suffer.

It looks like god set the whole thing up just so he can have an excuse for torturing lucifer and unbelievers. What kind of fucked up theology is this?

Btw this christian looked very happy when he talked about hell as a torture chamber. He thinks billions of people are burning there yet is very happy. He also likes to help people despite having fucked up beliefs.

In this case god is like a sadistic puppet master who sets up a torture chamber into which the puppets walk. And when they do he cries and gets sad. That's some fucked up personality Big Grin

Not to mention that god could simply not create hell OR not create tree of knowledge OR not create lucifer. But he did all 3 knowing what would happen if he does.

Oh I forgot. Apparently he can't annihilate lucifer or souls because they are indestructible(even omnipotent god can't destroy them). So apparently he must keep em somewhere.
Lucifer/satan for PRESIDENT!!
Quote:He knew lucifer would rebel.

That makes god something of a schmuck, doesn't it?
Couldn't fuckin' resist...

That reminds me of a joke i heard years ago about how stupid the devil is.
"Satan says to himself, hmm, God created everything, he's all knowing, all powerful and he even created me, yeah, yeah, I think I can take him."

manowar
(March 31, 2014 at 9:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Just like it knows that there will be atheists and others who believe in other gods who will all be punished.

It makes no goddamn sense unless one settles on the conclusion that this god thing is evil.

Yet ask a believer and all you'll get back is a convoluted, wishy washy cop out about assigning a new definition of omni[facet] or that god works beyond our level of understanding or some other such nonsense.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(March 31, 2014 at 9:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

I dunno, I kinda like that version of god. We could hang out. He's sitting there thinking "so I made all of this shit and it's good, it all works perfectly. Fuck me, that's no fun at all! How can I make this entertaining? Oh wait, I know! I'll make them turn against me and blame it on free will! But first I need to create some weed and some alcohol..."
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I'm too lazy to read all this....
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why God doesn't stop satan? purplepurpose 225 14897 June 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How do atheists feel about name days? Der/die AtheistIn 25 2868 November 30, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  How did u feel when you deconverted? Lebneni Murtad 32 5031 October 27, 2018 at 10:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  If your child cries it means Satan is in him Ruckus123 8 1918 May 5, 2018 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  If you could replace god with satan, would you? Foxaèr 37 6530 April 28, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Any other atheists just feel an acute intolerance for religious people? WisdomOfTheTrees 93 14355 February 10, 2017 at 3:35 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  As a now 13 year old atheist I feel obligated to use 4chan ScienceAf 17 3580 December 30, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How do UK atheists feel about the Monarchy? drfuzzy 55 5888 November 14, 2016 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I feel a bit relieved. Little Rik 238 24228 July 5, 2016 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  I hate Church and still feel obligated to go dragonman73 20 4429 May 2, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Brian37