Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite songs from Musicals
Favorite songs from Musicals
Here you go Futile Winds, a place for big, sweeping romantic songs from the musicals. Surprisingly I like them too, perhaps even more than most gay men do. Huh. Anyway here's the one you just mentioned in shoutbox from Westside Story .. then a couple more I like too.

http://youtu.be/5_QffCZs-bg

"On the Street Where You Live" from My Fair Lady, but skip to 1:05.

http://youtu.be/0udu4KYv1zI

"Till There Was You" from The Music Man, the fun starts at 1:01.

http://youtu.be/JLDsLeVxOaU

Okay I won't snag all the good ones. Your turn, go.
RE: Favorite songs from Musicals

My favorite song from Annie was "Hard Knock Life." I once performed a very difficult dance move for a musical theatre production to that song... it MADE my life!

But, man, West Side Story... every time I hear THIS song I know I'll be OK and I'll be happy someday... SHIT... here's the super gay music video I made with random images I found on Flikr, the day after I got kicked out of the local snooty mall for holding hands with my girlfriend... I was really emotional and shit at the time... It may be blocked though, sorry Sad Youtube is bitchy that way.

This is a song about the same thing in Little Shop of Horrors, and bonus, Little Shop or Horrors is horribly macabre and sci-fi and shit!

And then there's Wicked... Defying Gravity... I hear it as a gay/lesbian anthem every time! Pretty sure that was intentional Wink

And Jesus: Christ Superstar 2000... tell me their Mary Magdalene isn't SEXY as hell! She's singing with just the right emotional tent, to make it emotionally true... they assumed she was a prostitute for this movie and it works...

Now I'm going a little Disney on y'all's asses... Have some Meg from Hercules being AWESOME (I'll forever love her)...

I hate musicals.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

"Papa, can you hear me?" From Yentl

and

"Food, Glorious Food!" From Oliver (Oliver Twist)
(April 2, 2014 at 1:52 pm)Alex K Wrote: I hate musicals.

Go away!
Springtime for Germany trumps all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmYIo7bcUw

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 2, 2014 at 1:52 pm)Alex K Wrote: I hate musicals.
GTFO or blocked forever! Stop being such a damn straight guy! GAAAAAAAAAAAWD!

4 Horsemen
They're on their way, Alex, you'd better leave while you still can...
My 11yr old daughter is in South Pacific which opens tomorrow night for 3 nights.
(April 2, 2014 at 2:02 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: My 11yr old daughter is in South Pacific which opens tomorrow night for 3 nights.
Cool... but she's too young for me... Angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Favorite TV Theme Songs Thumpalumpacus 61 2899 September 2, 2023 at 10:03 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Cannabis songs brewer 11 841 October 12, 2021 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Breakup Songs brewer 15 1380 January 1, 2020 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Songs from the Dead brewer 22 2385 June 29, 2019 at 6:39 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What's your favourite songs with sax in it? Little lunch 32 2765 June 20, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Worst Love Songs brewer 2 849 January 21, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Cod
  Songs That Sound Like They're From The 80's But Aren't Actually From The 80's Edwardo Piet 0 591 December 8, 2017 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  "Teen"age songs brewer 60 5959 July 27, 2016 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  So who else did this as a child? - vulgar songs abaris 7 1695 March 13, 2016 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Anyone know any songs about eyes? brewer 78 5912 February 18, 2016 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet