Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 7:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The End Times are Nigh
The End Times are Nigh
This year's blood moon tetrad seems to be getting people rapture ready.

http://www.religionnews.com/2014/04/14/b...hristians/

Quote:Recent books capitalizing on the event include “Blood Moons: Decoding the Imminent Heavenly Signs” by Washington state author Mark Biltz; “Blood Moons Rising: Bible Prophecy, Israel, and the Four Blood Moons” by Oklahoma pastor Mark Hitchcock; and ”Four Blood Moons: Something Is About to Change” by Texas megachurch pastor John Hagee.

Hagee’s book is drawing the most attention, with his book now No. 4 on The New York Times best-seller list in the advice/how to section, and No. 80 on USA Today’s best-seller list. The book by the controversial 74-year-old founder of San Antonio’s Cornerstone Church has also spent 152 days in Amazon’s top 100 books.

Doesn't get much better than that!

For those of us that are rational and just want to stare in awe at the wonderful spectacle that is a lunar eclipse, it is happening right around 2 am EDT over most of the continental US. If you're overcast or unlucky enough to be somewhere else, you can live stream it here.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: The End Times are Nigh
I don't believe in all that crap, but it does give me a good laugh when it doesn't come about.
Fucking Phenomenal:
From the Mt. Lemmon SkyCenter in Arizona:
[Image: BlPo06GCYAA3zAQ.jpg]

Something good came out of Arizona.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
It's so pretty. I don't care what the crazies say... if it only were a little bit closer, it would be top ten most beautiful things I've ever seen with my naked eye. I'd post a picture, but I can't get a good one due to my shitty cameras (and the shitty photographer).
I'm so jealous. It seems every time there is a celestial event it is overcast where I live.

It's been a busy time for end of the world prophecies. We survived the Mayan Calendar and Ragnarok so I expect we'll survive this one as well. Smile

I liked the comments from the two pastors at the end of the article.

Quote:Greg Boyd, a pastor of Woodland Hills Church in St. Paul, Minn., called the predictions a waste of time, maybe even bordering on astrology.

“You have an entire population buying into this stuff so no congregation is immune to this,” Boyd said. “It can strike fear into people, which is so unnecessary and wrong.”

The Jewish holy days carry less theological significance since Jesus’ resurrection for many Christians, said Sam Storms, a pastor of Bridgeway Church in Oklahoma City. Any connection between the two events should carry less weight, he said.

“We need to stop giving into some of these sensationalist speculations,” he said. “Maybe Christians are more gullible. One has to twist the data to make it appear as if these are the fulfillment of some biblical prophecy.”
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
I am jealous too!!
It's effing snowing here and you can't see anything.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(April 15, 2014 at 3:49 am)Losty Wrote: I am jealous too!!

Gawd. I definitely feel for you. I moved here from upstate New York. Sorry about the snow Sad
Hagee is a special kind of stupid. What I think is missing from all the reporting I've seen regarding his rapture prognostication as related to the is well deserved ridicule and derision. I got this from the article you posted:

[quote]Greg Boyd, a pastor of Woodland Hills Church in St. Paul, Minn., called the predictions a waste of time, maybe even bordering on astrology.[/i]

Rather than a simple one sentence counterpoint, this should be the tone of the entire article.
(April 15, 2014 at 3:49 am)Losty Wrote: I am jealous too!!

Yeah, we got snow, too. I didn't even bother checking since it was so overcast.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This is the Beginning of the End Serafino 23 1979 November 25, 2023 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Nailed to a cross, Filipino prays for Ukraine war to end Ferrocyanide 1 544 April 8, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
Lightbulb the end is nigh 2!!! Drich 113 8750 October 1, 2020 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who Do You Think Is The Best Christian Of Our Times? BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1941 January 22, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Drich
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Foxaèr 31 4822 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
Sad My parents have gone off the deep end Tea Earl Grey Hot 25 6069 March 8, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: J a c k
  The Dangers of End time Prophecy Rhondazvous 83 15714 January 23, 2017 at 2:53 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  End of Times and career mcolafson 67 13713 October 8, 2016 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ends of times prophecy that I can't shake Won2blv 68 10168 April 3, 2016 at 3:00 am
Last Post: robvalue
Wink The Third Eagle of the Apocalypse says...the end is nigh! Aegon 12 5286 January 18, 2016 at 7:38 am
Last Post: ignoramus