Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazing interview with Richard Dawkins and George Coyne
Amazing interview with Richard Dawkins and George Coyne
Here An interesting interview I've just come across on youtube. I found it a striking interview, because I'm really not used to listening to religious people with such intelligence and reasonableness. He's a scientist who sticks right to the scientific method, and when he knows very well the difference between faith and science. And even denies that god is an explanation for anything in the universe(such as the fine tuning argument, he call it a god of the gaps argument), he also denies miracles. The only miracles he really believes in was the virgin birth and the Resurrection, and admits this is a matter of faith. He also scorns the intelligent design movement. I wish more theists were like this. I wouldn't be surprised if Dawkins and George had a beer afterwards.
RE: Amazing interview with Richard Dawkins and George Coyne
(April 21, 2014 at 4:08 am)Freedom of thought Wrote: He's a scientist who sticks right to the scientific method, and when he knows very well the difference between faith and science. And even denies that god is an explanation for anything in the universe(such as the fine tuning argument, he call it a god of the gaps argument), he also denies miracles. The only miracles he really believes in was the virgin birth and the Resurrection, and admits this is a matter of faith. He also scorns the intelligent design movement.

Going just by this description, it sounds like we have a wannabe atheist who has a couple of superstitious dingleberries he just can't shake off.
RE: Amazing interview with Richard Dawkins and George Coyne
(April 21, 2014 at 4:38 am)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote:
(April 21, 2014 at 4:08 am)Freedom of thought Wrote: He's a scientist who sticks right to the scientific method, and when he knows very well the difference between faith and science. And even denies that god is an explanation for anything in the universe(such as the fine tuning argument, he call it a god of the gaps argument), he also denies miracles. The only miracles he really believes in was the virgin birth and the Resurrection, and admits this is a matter of faith. He also scorns the intelligent design movement.

Going just by this description, it sounds like we have a wannabe atheist who has a couple of superstitious dingleberries he just can't shake off.

How the hell is that superstition? Is it just me, or does it stink of pretentiousness in here? He believes in a natural order, I don't see how it's superstition. Superstition is like believing breaking a mirror gives bad luck for 6 years, or believing in demons that cause diseases. Repeating what popular atheists have been saying for the past decade doesn't make you correct. Sure, we disagree with them, so what? We agree on everything else, like evolution and science. There is enough division in the world, and we have to live with them too, so calling such beliefs superstitions in a pretentious way does nothing and simply bypasses all argument to resorting to ridicule. His beliefs, like them or not, is something that is far better than any religious fundamentalist. You're the wannabe atheist if you're just going to ridicule everyone you disagree with. Creationists on the other hand deserve ridicule, we've already argued with them for decades and they have lost over and over again, even in courtrooms, so save it for them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A question about Dawkins enemies of reason documentary Quill01 3 469 April 17, 2022 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Cardinal George Pell has conviction overturned Agnostico 70 4363 May 9, 2020 at 8:24 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Cardinal George Pell. fredd bear 37 3562 March 13, 2019 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Richard Dawkins prefers church bells to "aggressive-sounding Allahu Akbar" Alexmahone 12 1237 July 20, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Dawkins and Christianity rjh4 is back 56 19277 August 22, 2017 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins Czechlervitz30 22 3776 October 11, 2016 at 10:51 pm
Last Post: RobertE
  Richard Carrier - The Hero Savior Analogy Minimalist 135 19371 October 4, 2016 at 8:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Dawkins is Anti-Semitic ComradeMeow 14 3878 July 8, 2015 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Richard Dawkins Dies... Broseph Ballin 8 2061 August 15, 2014 at 2:20 am
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  The Dawkins 'Race' Row Fidel_Castronaut 17 6934 August 18, 2013 at 5:56 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet