Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 6, 2024, 6:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What evidence do you have to disprove the existence of a God?
I hear all the time there is the bundle of evidence for no God. Whenever i ask for it they dodge answering. I really want to hear the evidence i am not going to argue my belief i just want to know yours.
RE: What evidence do you have to disprove the existence of a God?
The only answer you need in understanding "burden of proof", because I am becoming tired of continuously explaining it in a way that will eventually lead me to having carpal tunnel syndrome.

[Image: Conventional-Logic-Vs-Religious-Logic_o_...FIQMygAMAA]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Quote:I hear all the time there is the bundle of evidence for no God.

Where precisely are you hearing this? All of the atheists of my acquaintance don't claim that there is evidence for no god, but that there is a lack of evidence for ANY god.

Quote:Whenever i ask for it they dodge answering.

You may be mistaking 'dodging' for 'people keep declining to answer nonsensical questions.'

Quote:I really want to hear the evidence i am not going to argue my belief i just want to know yours.

Kind of a weasel, but ok.

I lack a belief in gods (all of them, not just yours) for the following reasons, among others:

1. There is no evidence that gods exist.

2. All of the arguments for the existence of gods are either weak, specious, or both.

3. There is nothing - literally nothing - that is not better explained naturalistically that by appeals to the supernatural.

Have a lovely day.

Boru

For the record, I LOVED your introductory post.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 25, 2014 at 6:38 pm)Walker_Lee Wrote: I hear all the time there is the bundle of evidence for no God. Whenever i ask for it they dodge answering. I really want to hear the evidence i am not going to argue my belief i just want to know yours.

Huntington's disease.
I'm not sure who said there's a bundle of evidence to disprove god. Not that atheists even need to come up with evidence. Religious people need to give us reason to believe. All they really have is a book, which I'm sure many other religions have. The bible doesn't really mesh well with reality, so the one source the christians have is flawed.

No, I don't have evidence that Yahweh/Jesus isn't real, anymore than I have evidence for all the other gods not being real. I'm not too concerned about it, though.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Walker lee?? Hello? Where did he go?? ..... doooo dooo dooo.. were sorry, if you like to make a call, hang up and try again..
(April 25, 2014 at 6:38 pm)Walker_Lee Wrote: I hear all the time there is the bundle of evidence for no God. Whenever i ask for it they dodge answering. I really want to hear the evidence i am not going to argue my belief i just want to know yours.

The only evidence for no god is the lack of evidence for god.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I hear all the time there is the bundle of evidence for God. Whenever I ask for it they dodge answering.
God! I'm a 29 year old female who is unmarried and not a virgin. I take your name in vain every god-damned day and have broken a number of your commandments. You're an evil, misogynistic, genocidal piece of shit and you're not worthy of mention, let alone respect or worship.

Strike me down now to prove to your followers and everyone else that you exist. I dare YOU!

Nope, still here.
Dying to live, living to die.
(April 25, 2014 at 7:21 pm)Beccs Wrote: God! I'm a 29 year old female who is unmarried and not a virgin. I take your name in vain every god-damned day and have broken a number of your commandments. You're an evil, misogynistic, genocidal piece of shit and you're not worthy of mention, let alone respect or worship.

Strike me down now to prove to your followers and everyone else that you exist. I dare YOU!

Nope, still here.

A kudos and wild, sustained applause. Smile

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 2518 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 3391 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 32 1711 August 6, 2023 at 5:36 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 4837 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God. Nishant Xavier 162 8205 July 9, 2023 at 7:53 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 2919 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Do atheists believe in the existence of friendship? KerimF 191 10230 June 9, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  What is the worst religion in existence? Hi600 89 6399 May 6, 2023 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheism and the existence of peanut butter R00tKiT 721 50053 November 15, 2022 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1058 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm