Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next They'll Be Wanting to Burn Them
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/27/co...-students/

Quote:Concerned Idaho citizen calls police over public banned book giveaway to high school students

Quote:In early April, the school board voted 2-1 to remove the winner of the 2007 National Book Award for Young People’s Literature from the 10th grade curriculum following complaints from some parents concerned that the book contained sexually charged material and mocked the Christian religion.

Xtians make it so easy to despise them.
RE: NExt They'll Be Wanting to Burn Them
I am not a fan of censorship, but I do believe that certain books should be banned.

[Image: torahscroll.jpg?iact=rc&uact=3&dur=481&p...GkQMygAMAA]

[Image: bible3.gif?iact=rc&uact=3&dur=1304&page=...GoQMygDMAM]

[Image: server.gif]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Next They'll Be Wanting to Burn Them
Quote:the book contained sexually charged material and mocked the Christian religion.

I wonder which upset them more?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
They can't debunk the criticisms, and they're not allowed to kill heretics, so they just have to ban things that make them uncomfortable.

Sexually charged material already mocks christian values, so it's a two for one.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(April 27, 2014 at 10:11 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
Quote:the book contained sexually charged material and mocked the Christian religion.

I wonder which upset them more?

That they have to live a life of suppressing sexual desires that their religion doesn't allow them to embrace.
PM me if you know where this is from "...knees in the breeze" and don't look it up!!
(April 27, 2014 at 10:11 pm)Chad32 Wrote: They can't debunk the criticisms, and they're not allowed to kill heretics, so they just have to ban things that make them uncomfortable.

Sexually charged material already mocks christian values, so it's a two for one.

Yup, they certainly can't get away with killing us anymore.

By that criteria, the bible mocks Christian values, considering it's full of rape, sex and incest.
Dying to live, living to die.
Where's Guy Montag when you need 'im?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(April 27, 2014 at 10:11 pm)Chad32 Wrote: They can't debunk the criticisms, and they're not allowed to kill heretics, so they just have to ban things that make them uncomfortable.

Do you want the public schools to have the students read books with sexually charged material?
(April 28, 2014 at 7:15 pm)Lek Wrote:

Do you want the public schools to have the students read books with sexually charged material?

Good reason to not allow the bible in public schools!
(April 28, 2014 at 7:15 pm)Lek Wrote:

I would like comprehensive sex education to be in schools, given that abstinence only is unhealthy and doesn't work.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians. Greatest I am 71 5467 October 20, 2020 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If they found Jesus' turd what would they do with it? Fake Messiah 64 7080 August 26, 2016 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Losty
  How Do Christians Know When God Is Speaking to Them? Rhondazvous 70 9779 July 5, 2016 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Loving Him means loving "them" Strider 9 2956 February 21, 2015 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Oh jesus you naughty boy. Better luck next time. Zidneya 62 16913 October 20, 2014 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  People using religion when it suits them? clergyman 16 2250 July 6, 2014 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  NEXT!!! SteelCurtain 5 1240 June 3, 2014 at 3:36 am
Last Post: Losty
  Next Time - Pray for Driving Lessons Minimalist 23 5018 February 8, 2014 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: themonkeyman
  Attn: Christians, We've Heard Them Already DeistPaladin 409 186246 July 5, 2013 at 1:46 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  When I was a Christian they used this argument to explain why miracles don't happen like they used to: Ziploc Surprise 9 4688 December 18, 2012 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise