Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-gay protester receives "Glee-like" slushie
Anti-gay protester receives "Glee-like" slushie
Quote:An anti-gay protester who decided to use Mother's Day to spread a message of hate got a slushie thrown at her by a disgruntled passerby.

Christine Weick, an author from Michigan, stood at a busy intersection in Grandville, Michigan, on Sunday, May 11, holding a sign that read: “Thank your mom today for not being gay.” NBC affiliate WOOD got a tip about the demonstration and sent a cameraperson to the scene. While the cameras were rolling, a woman named Jessica Prince approached Weick and threw a slushie at her. Weick threatened to pepper-spray Prince, who gave her the finger.

“Truth is hate to those that hate the truth, and this is the truth,” Weick told WOOD. “They don’t like it and they label me a hater, and it isn’t that at all. I love them enough to tell them they are on the wrong path.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/12...r=Religion
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Anti-gay protester receives "Glee-like" slushie
Wonder what flavor Slushie ??
Truly a sign of the End Times -- as prophesied (well, at least by me, somewhere, or not), Christians will be persecuted with Sticky Sugary Drinks (SSDs), until the Glorious Return of the FSM (tGRotFSM).

Sauce be upon Him! (sbuh)

Now in an adult serious voice, even throwing a slushy at someone could be construed as assault/battery (always get them mixed up) and the slushy thrower could wind up talking things over with the poleece. Best not to engage an idiot physically, unless in self-defense.

And lastly from a metaphysical perspective, maybe the slushy getting thrown at her was her god sending her a message? Judge not, lest ye be slushed.
Ah, I am all nostalgic now, reminiscing about Anita Bryant and her facial encounter with a 69 cent Banquet lemon meringue pie back in the seventies.
While this person was engaging in polemic, the worst thing anyone can do is physically assault another person in the name of their beliefs. It brings credibility to the religious persecution nonsense, and probably becoming a slushie martyr is exactly the kind of thing the lady screaming hatred from the street corner wanted.

I don't like this at all.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 12, 2014 at 12:25 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: “Truth is hate to those that hate the truth, and this is the truth,” Weick told WOOD. “They don’t like it and they label me a hater, and it isn’t that at all. I love them enough to tell them they are on the wrong path.”

George Orwell would be proud.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I saw this the other day and thought, "Really? While the cameras were rolling?"
If you watch the video, she really does do it right in front of the cameras as if she was trying to make gays look bad.
Kinda hard to control yourself when you get really worked up. I can't say I wouldn't have tossed something at her if she caught me already in a bad mood, but I doubt it would have been a slushy.
On second thought, maybe it's not as ridiculous as I think. Maybe she didn't realize they were rolling at the moment, and hoped to sabotage the woman's appearance.
(May 12, 2014 at 12:52 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Wonder what flavor Slushie ??

I assume it was fruity Tongue

I'm terrible...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More from the self intitled white anti maskers. Brian37 57 2711 April 21, 2021 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Anti-viral clothing on the rise Foxaèr 1 236 August 20, 2020 at 7:53 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  ‘God made our immune systems perfect and healthy’ — Anti-vaxxers in NJ Fake Messiah 13 1186 January 20, 2020 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  A Question for Anti- vaxxers BrokenQuill92 11 1030 June 26, 2019 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: no one
  Like Father Like Son-In-Law Minimalist 1 348 October 14, 2018 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Looks Like The WLB Will Fold Like A Cheap Camera Minimalist 1 588 June 20, 2018 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Pittsburgh Newspaper Cartoonist's anti-Trump cartoons absent from paper The Industrial Atheist 1 618 June 8, 2018 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  SCOTUS Tells Anti-Abortion Nuts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 294 25478 April 11, 2018 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Fla GOV DICK SNOTT passes anti science bill. Brian37 12 3021 June 29, 2017 at 12:16 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Trump honors pride month at anti-gay conference Foxaèr 35 11059 June 17, 2017 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13